Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
WhTs he suppose to say, hey guys, just to let you know I believe our guys are ****, we won’t make the playoffs and we plan and trading x player, x player and x player.....any questions?
He shouldn't say anything, he shouldn't hold PC's.....he just makes himself look more stupid than the previous PC's he has held over the years. They are all the same...........This guy doesn't deserve to be the General Manager of the Laundromat, let alone the Habs.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Personally id like to hear something along the lines of injuries have made the playoffs look unlikely and that whiles hes not actively selling yet hes always looking for ways to improve the future of the team.
That’s transparency....this board hates transparency as they will use the ol’ excuses excuse......

But what you said makes absolute sense

Reactions: habsfan891

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
WhTs he suppose to say, hey guys, just to let you know I believe our guys are ****, we won’t make the playoffs and we plan and trading x player, x player and x player.....any questions?
Personally id like to hear something along the lines of injuries have made the playoffs look unlikely and that whiles hes not actively selling yet hes always looking for ways to improve the future of the team but in the event that Feb 24th comes along and he sells some vets for picks and prospects i suppose what he said today doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things
Added my edit in a double post weird

Reactions: jaffy27

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I think Bergevin is going to flip alot of assets into futures at this deadline. He's been nothing if not a brilliant trader by nhl standards. I'm interested in this scandella and Kovalchuk stuff, because I do think it's part of a bigger plan.

If he sells scandella and Kovalchuk for higher than he bought, especially if Kovalchuk has success with us, it'll be absolute brilliance.

If he has them to fill roster spots after we sell a few and re group at the draft, then that's also an intelligent play.

Reactions: jaffy27

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Man if he turns Kovalchuk into a draft pick and then gets lucky and gets a solid player for that pick, it'll be like grabbing something out of thin air.

Jesperi is my Daddy

Jan 2, 2020
Missing Mete. Also still hoping Juulsen can rebound.

I'm guessing you purposely left off Lehkonen
I'm uncertain of what Mete will become. Although Lehkonen works very hard, he will never be a "core player" because of his lacking offensive skills. If he was still on track to become what he projected to be after the 16-17 season, then sure he would be on the list. However, his goal scoring dropped off in a massive way.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I'm uncertain of what Mete will become. Although Lehkonen works very hard, he will never be a "core player" because of his lacking offensive skills. If he was still on track to become what he projected to be after the 16-17 season, then sure he would be on the list. However, his goal scoring dropped off in a massive way.

I think Mete will play out his career on the brink, he will always be serviceable. Ultimately I think he will be a journeyman hopping from team to team.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think Bergevin is going to flip alot of assets into futures at this deadline. He's been nothing if not a brilliant trader by nhl standards. I'm interested in this scandella and Kovalchuk stuff, because I do think it's part of a bigger plan.

If he sells scandella and Kovalchuk for higher than he bought, especially if Kovalchuk has success with us, it'll be absolute brilliance.

If he has them to fill roster spots after we sell a few and re group at the draft, then that's also an intelligent play.
He certainly has started making moves early. He never did this in '16 nor '18 when we were out of playoff picture.

Reactions: HBDay

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Imagine taking DLR on waivers and turning it into Fabbri a couple months later
Or taking Davidson on waivers and turning it a 3rd round pick 2 months later

It's all great….but let's not act like it never happened before cause it did for many teams and it's not "brilliance", even Chiarelli did it for Oilers and Bergevin was the one on the losing end. It's pretty much standard.

Brilliance would be to trade Erat for Forsberg….or getting Taylor Hall for Larsson….that's brilliance.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Imagine taking DLR on waivers and turning it into Fabbri a couple months later
Or taking Davidson on waivers and turning it a 3rd round pick 2 months later

It's all great….but let's not act like it never happened before cause it did for many teams and it's not "brilliance", even Chiarelli did it for Oilers and Bergevin was the one on the losing end. It's pretty much standard.

Brilliance would be to trade Erat for Forsberg….or getting Taylor Hall for Larsson….that's brilliance.
Or trade Weise for Danault?

Reactions: HBDay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad