Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hall price is going to be high. Going by Chris Johnston. I would pass on him. We are more than 1 player away. However, I would overdbid for him in UFA.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's been better lately but completely blind to not draft Getzlaf or Carter or Parizé. Did not draft Bergeron, Giroux, Zajak, Kopitar and Point. Drafted McCarron to get some weight up front, drafted a solid D Tinordi, Beaulieu, a promising D David Fisher, drafted the two Kostitsyn and Grabovski and still at that time was considered a god guru of drafting here on this forum. He is drafting better and it seems like it's late, like 5 minutes "till midnight.

All those promising talents he drafted we'll see what they will become. I remember Reway and all those promising players that never pan out. Wait and see.

We have not had a deep prospect pool like this in decades. Draft 17+ development years are trends we should not be pessimistic on IMO. Reway is more like Hillis today.

Naming random prospects from before does not measure up cause the pool was never this deep with quality and quantity.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hall price is going to be high. Going by Chris Johnston. I would pass on him. We are more than 1 player away. However, I would overdbid for him in UFA.

I'd be surprised if Hall cost more than either Karlsson (Pending UFA with additional conditions if he re-signs) or Stone (sign/trade) to acquire.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
people like to **** on Domi and he's not having a great year, but the issue is habs lack of depth and talent up front. he's been playing with a rookie and plug all year. at least with Shaw he had a guy who created chaos on his line, who also happened to be a puck-winner. he has neither right now. Habs have a solid possession line - which 'acts' as a no.1 - and then 9 guys in various combos, made worse by 3 injuries. blame bergevin, not domi

I agree, he needs a PWF wit skill on his wing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Both the playstation and me

PlayStation said no?

giphy.gif

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd be surprised if Hall cost more than either Karlsson (Pending UFA with additional conditions if he re-signs) or Stone (sign/trade) to acquire.
Rumours has it will be high. A 4 piece trade. AVs be wise to hang onto Byram and Timmins. I imagine their first pick and Jost or Newhook plus a couple of lesser prospects.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm keeping the centers, all of them. ;)

Fair but I would think about that one hard. Burakovsky would fit our LW needs IMO (big player who skates well) and Byram is the type of D that is almost impossible to acquire. This is how I would project our line-up after the trade... We would have enough center options IMO and this is with Poehling on wing.

Poehling / Suzuki / Caufield
Drouin / Kotkaniemi / Armia
Burakovsky / Danault / Gallagher
Lehkonen / Olofsson / Ylonen

Byram / Weber
Romanov / Norlinder
Mete / Fleury

Harris, Juulsen

Price
Primeau

Plus we would get a very good return for Tatar and Petry if we choose to trade them.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I keep hearing Habs are in on Hall.......I wonder what the asking price and or Bergevins offer is?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Fair but I would think about that one hard. Burakovsky would fit our LW needs IMO (big player who skates well) and Byram is the type of D that is almost impossible to acquire. This is how I would project our line-up after the trade... We would have enough center options IMO and this is with Poehling on wing.

Poehling / Suzuki / Caufield
Drouin / Kotkaniemi / Armia
Burakovsky / Danault / Gallagher
Lehkonen / Olofsson / Ylonen

Byram / Weber
Romanov / Norlinder
Mete / Fleury

Harris, Juulsen

Price
Primeau

Plus we would get a very good return for Tatar and Petry if we choose to trade them.
Aside from this season, Burakovsky is a ~30 points player, like Lehkonen. I have to think he'll just do the same as him. Byram is nice and all, except I wouldn't pay high price for a player that hasn't played Pro yet. There's a lot of risk in what you're proposing and I'd rather keep the center to play it safer. Specially since Kotkaniemi has been taken out with an unknown injury and Poehling is getting swamped in the AHL.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rumours has it will be high. A 4 piece trade. AVs be wise to hang onto Byram and Timmins. I imagine their first pick and Jost or Newhook plus a couple of lesser prospects.

Rumors are rumors. But supply and demand always sets the trade price. All it takes is two desperate GM's and the price rises. However, I would find it strange where Hall returns more than both Karlsson or Stone.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Aside from this season, Burakovsky is a ~30 points player, like Lehkonen. I have to think he'll just do the same as him. Byram is nice and all, except I wouldn't pay high price for a player that hasn't played Pro yet. There's a lot of risk in what you're proposing and I'd rather keep the center to play it safer. Specially since Kotkaniemi has been taken out with an unknown injury and Poehling is getting swamped in the AHL.

I understand that but how else we going to get a talent like Byram at LD? It's a risk but we would have Burakovsky who is a big player who can skate well and we need this type as well.

I'm thinking about this trade very hard if Sakic says yes. Hate to trade Domi but I don't consider him a real top 2C.

Domi > Burakovsky
Byram > Brook

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I understand that but how else we going to get a talent like Byram at LD? It's a risk but we would have Burakovsky who is a big player who can skate well and we need this type as well.

I'm thinking about this trade very hard if Sakic says yes. Hate to trade Domi but I don't consider him a real top 2C.

Domi > Burakovsky
Byram > Brook
How else? Next time the GM has a choice between a midget scoring winger and a LD that can move the puck, make him pick the LD. :laugh:

We could always trade the midget also. Risk for risk type of deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I keep hearing Habs are in on Hall.......I wonder what the asking price and or Bergevins offer is?

Only way we should be in on Hall is sign/trade. This would be my max offer... Of course I would start lower but this would be the max offer for Hall with extension.... 6 or years at $9M max with 90% of the money in July. Takes him from 29-34/35

- Poehling or Primeau (they pick one)
- Fleury
- 2020 2nd
- Hillis
- Byron (cap reasons)

Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov, Kotkaniemi, 1st round picks are off the table. I'd be totally fine if we fail and another team gets Hall. There is always a player like this available every year it seems so I'm not desperate for him

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Domi+Brook for Byram could have maybe happened during the summer, but now... Dont think so.

Why? That would be worse than Drouin for Sergachev and a conditional 2nd? Explain me why the Habs are the ones adding when we are trading the proven top 6 young asset who is still under team control and he can play center?

Byram is good but people need to stop pretending he is top pairing D for sure and comes with zero risks! He's a good prospect for sure and lots to like but he's dropped off this year in the CHL.

Proven NHL talent under team control like Domi is worth a lot! More than what Byram is worth and I value Byram equally to Caufield.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Reway was nothing special. A small forward always on his butt.

As for Timmins, his batting average is darn low.
Lol. His batting average is high, it’s your expectations that are out of whack with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad