Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think the Devils could get better offers from other teams than your offer. Offers from the Hall thread on the mainboard like a 2020 1st + Timmins + Jost trumps your offer IMO.
If the avs offer that yea, but I don't see the avs including both Timmins and Jost.

1st + Timmins/Jost + B piece is what I expect the avs to offer

Thats around that same value Ottawa got for Stone

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Gotta start somewhere. :D

Seen rumors connecting Byram to Hall but really who knows.
I don't think the Avs are shopping Byram, I think they really want Hall. They might be willing to part with him for some other potential high impact player as well. Kind of like some Habs fans are willing to deal the team's 1st rounder or Cole Caufield or some other higher end prospect for a high impact player.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
To PIT: Paul Byron
To MTL: Alex Galchenyuk

Pens get a useful player for a playoff run.

We get out of Byrons contract and see if Galchenyuk can get back to his 50 point form.

If I were the pens I don't do this trade and try to get more.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Domi Armia
Cousins Suzuki Galchenyuk
Peca Thompson Weal
I don't think Bergevin would bring Galchenyuk back. Julien didn't like him (or at least the way he played) and would probably stick him on the 4th line again if he came back. I like the ideal though. I was thinking along the lines of a Byron for Wennberg (Columbus fans seem to want to get rid of him) or for Niederreiter (Canes might not want to deal with Habs after the offer sheet to Aho though). I seen some suggestions for Jenner from Columbus though as well. Doubt the Jackets would do a straight up Byron for Jenner deal though. They might not even do a 1 for 1 with Wennberg.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't think Bergevin would bring Galchenyuk back.

Same can be said of Subban and Pacioretty -- not suggesting any of them should be back but they were all dispatched with some real or rumored personal irritant involving the GM. Safe to say none of them will ever have anything to do with the Habs as long as this GM remains in place. Probably for the better.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think Bergevin would bring Galchenyuk back. Julien didn't like him (or at least the way he played) and would probably stick him on the 4th line again if he came back. I like the ideal though. I was thinking along the lines of a Byron for Wennberg (Columbus fans seem to want to get rid of him) or for Niederreiter (Canes might not want to deal with Habs after the offer sheet to Aho though). I seen some suggestions for Jenner from Columbus though as well. Doubt the Jackets would do a straight up Byron for Jenner deal though. They might not even do a 1 for 1 with Wennberg.

yeah I don't think MB would either. But I remember Chucky's last year here, he said after a rough start to the season, he felt he gained Julien's trust at the end of the season.

Ultimately, many say Chucky is just too big of a defensive liability. Personally, since we need offensive depth, given we don't have elite first liners, I would see if Chucky can keep learning from Julien defensively, if he's available at the low price of Byron's contract.

Reactions: LEMELINI

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Cant tell if this is sarcasm. Domi was over ppg before shaw played with him.
people like to Shit on Domi and he's not having a great year, but the issue is habs lack of depth and talent up front. he's been playing with a rookie and plug all year. at least with Shaw he had a guy who created chaos on his line, who also happened to be a puck-winner. he has neither right now. Habs have a solid possession line - which 'acts' as a no.1 - and then 9 guys in various combos, made worse by 3 injuries. blame bergevin, not domi

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I never want to read a post where you criticize MB's trades.
Why, what is wrong with that trade? Puljujarvi may never be an impact player, but their 1st for Tatar and Folin still sounds alright. If Puljujarvi becomes something useful, it would be a home run.

Then, we will also suck this year, and get a much higher draft pick .... shitty year to be a Habs fan, though.

Just to be clear: I am not advocating for this trade, just wondering why you don't like it.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Why, what is wrong with that trade? Puljujarvi may never be an impact player, but their 1st for Tatar and Folin still sounds alright. If Puljujarvi becomes something useful, it would be a home run.

Then, we will also suck this year, and get a much higher draft pick .... ****ty year to be a Habs fan, though.

Just to be clear: I am not advocating for this trade, just wondering why you don't like it.
Tatar fetched a 1st, 2nd and 3rd when he only had 28 points in 62 games. He's got 3 points less than that total in half as many games and he's coming off a 25 goal year. A 60+ point play driver on a good contract can fetch a lot more than a late first and a reclamation project at the deadline. You could easily add in a 2nd and Samoroukov.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Tatar fetched a 1st, 2nd and 3rd when he only had 28 points in 62 games. He's got 3 points less than that total in half as many games and he's coming off a 25 goal year. A 60+ point play driver on a good contract can fetch a lot more than a late first and a reclamation project at the deadline. You could easily add in a 2nd and Samoroukov.
If Tatar would fetch that kind of return and Habs are out of playoffs come deadline he needs to be shopped

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Then, we will also suck this year, and get a much higher draft pick .... ****ty year to be a Habs fan, though.

1) Edmonton is on the rise. Right now they're 8th overall. I think they'll finish higher but let's say they stay at 8th. That's a 23rd OA pick. Can you tell me the last time Timmins connected on a late first round pick? And yes the jury on Poehling is still out. I'll answer the question for you. In 07 with Patches. That will be 13 drafts ago. He has even fumbled with our early 1st round picks.

2) he has us taking two salary dumps. In the off season taking on salary dumps are worth more than the magic beans he's asking for.

3) As a few others mentioned, Tatar was traded for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd when he was in a season-long slump. Now, that Tatar is a bonafide winger you want just a 1st and a couple of salary dumps.

4) Poolparty is not worth taking a chance on. More magic beans

5) That was a Houle level trade proposal.

If they want Tatar and dump two salaries on our payroll, They better pony up more than a late !st round pick. I haven't kept track of him but Samoroukov looked good last year. If not him than someone else. Better yet forget about the picks and scraps. They want Tatar, they give us Nurse. If you look at the team stats we're 5th in the league in goals for and 30th in goals against. We need defensemen. Pronto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milhouse40

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
To PIT: Paul Byron
To MTL: Alex Galchenyuk

Pens get a useful player for a playoff run.

We get out of Byrons contract and see if Galchenyuk can get back to his 50 point form.

If I were the pens I don't do this trade and try to get more.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Domi Armia
Cousins Suzuki Galchenyuk
Peca Thompson Weal

Serious pass on galchenyuk, let him bounce around the league. They don’t need that type of player.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If Tatar would fetch that kind of return and Habs are out of playoffs come deadline he needs to be shopped
I meant to say a 2nd OR Samoroukov but yeah. Puuljarvi isn't worth much at all with Edmonton even wanting to trade him for Lehky and Ouellet. Giving up a guy like Tatar for basically a late first isn't enough imo. Just look at what Dzingel got.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Tatar fetched a 1st, 2nd and 3rd when he only had 28 points in 62 games. He's got 3 points less than that total in half as many games and he's coming off a 25 goal year. A 60+ point play driver on a good contract can fetch a lot more than a late first and a reclamation project at the deadline. You could easily add in a

2nd and Samoroukov.

I’d be surprised if he could get that same package again. LV seriously over paid. But, hey, I’d take that package if we are out of the playoffs.

But, I would easily take a flyer on Puljujarvi for a 3rd. I’d even consider a 2nd. (I would watch him closely, but Ive heatd that he is doing well). So, aside from the cap dump, the deal isn’t far off.

if a team needed a cap dump for Tatar, I would ask for a top prospect, too.

anyway, all very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad