Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
XXIV has hit 1,000+ posts. Rumours, nonsense proposals... what's on your mind?

Only recent "news" on the official media wires is of course, NHL Lottery superstar, Taylor Hall.

That said, given our current "cold" streak, maybe the whole team should pop some Halls.

41fD0-Zj7YL._SY355_.jpg

Regardless of any moves we make, I am confident Lord Bergeron has this in good hands.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How would you guys feel about moving Max Domi + ?? (Not sure what more would be required) in a trade for Taylor Hall?

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
How would you guys feel about moving Max Domi + ?? (Not sure what more would be required) in a trade for Taylor Hall?
Wouldn't it be better to add hall then to just swap one good player for another. I'd want to get Hall to add him to the core so he can play with the good players we have.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The question I’d be intrigued about is how much better than Hall could you fetch using Domi in a trade?

Reactions: 417 and blarneylad

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you are listening Hall, you can be a Hero in Montreal and we have enough players to shelter the heat and pressure you would get. Price, Weber, Gallagher, Domi, Drouin. And I'm sure you know we got a few good young ones coming too. Think about the fun you would have playing with Suzuki and Caufield very soon?

We can pay you lots of money in July too! I know you wanna come :sarcasm:

This is Hall thinking about his future in Montreal....
giphy.gif

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
time to get it done, explain one thing here and now, you posters are very accurate,

how is team better then last year?
It really isn't, youth are older and better ie Mete, Suzuki stepping in, Drouin

Chiarot is better than Benn. That is about it if you aren't counting the step back Byron took

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I like Hall's game a lot and he's still young enough to be a part of the core for a while so he'd be a good add in my book. I'd want to add him to our top 6 without taking anything away from it though and it might just not be possible. Would NJ bite at a package built around Poehling ?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I don’t have any issue moving Domi but it can’t be for older player... Domi is in his prime, Hall is better but he is closer to approaching the end of is prime... Plus we have to sign him to a big $ deal, while Domi is still RFA.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think it would have to be something around Poehling/Primeau and Romanov and probably something else to get Hall with an extension.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
A deal for a signed Hall will be similar to the Stone or Karlsson deal. We will think that we gave up the farm to get him and the Devils plus other fan bases will think we fleeced the Devils.

Reactions: angry pirate

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
A deal for a signed Hall will be similar to the Stone or Karlsson deal. We will think that we gave up the farm to get him and the Devils plus other fan bases will think we fleeced the Devils.

Karlsson: Chris Tierney (Young 40pt player), Rudolfs Balcers (B-level prospect), Dylan DeMelo (Bottom pairing D), Josh Norris (1st rd pick) and conditional second (condition being they reach the SC Finals)

Stone: Erik Brannstrom (A-level prospect), Oscar Lindberg (Not even in the NHL anymore, bottom line player), and a second-round pick.

Duchene: Vitaly Abramov (B-level prospect), Jonathan Davidsson (C-level prospect), a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft and a conditional first-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft if resigned.

Pacioretty: Tatar (cap dump/middle-6 player), Suzuki (A-level prospect), 2nd round pick.

There really isn't much precedent for a lot of the types of trades being bandied about. There's little to no evidence that MTL will need to give up a core player or prospect to acquire Hall - extension or not. I don't see MTL moving any of Caufield, Primeau, Romanov, KK, or Suzuki... they're fulfilling major needs for the Habs moving forward.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
It seems clear to me that Hall's frustration at not being on a contending team let alone a perennial play off team is sincerely important to him. We are not that. We are not a Destination for top players. I dont see him extending here.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Roumeliotis reports that Bergevin was at Tuesday's Blackhawks and Dallas Stars game. He also adds that Bergevin has already watched several Rockford IceHogs games, the Blackhawks AHL affiliate.
Lyle Richardson of Spector's Hockey speculates the most likely target is left handed defenseman Erik Gustafsson.
The Hawks young defenseman was mentioned in lots of trade rumours this summer and will be UFA after this season. He's coming of a 60 point season.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Roumeliotis reports that Bergevin was at Tuesday's Blackhawks and Dallas Stars game. He also adds that Bergevin has already watched several Rockford IceHogs games, the Blackhawks AHL affiliate.
Lyle Richardson of Spector's Hockey speculates the most likely target is left handed defenseman Erik Gustafsson.
The Hawks young defenseman was mentioned in lots of trade rumours this summer and will be UFA after this season. He's coming of a 60 point season.
I've never brought him up because I never thought he'd ever be available.

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad