Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I seriously doubt Avs will trade Byram for Hall. That would be a disaster. Domi is a lot more cost controlled. Sure he sucks this year but he had over 70 points playing with scrubs last year.
He never really made anyone around him better though.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He never really made anyone around him better though.
Domi? What are you kidding? Shaw played his best as a Hab with Domi as his center. Drouin was also close to ppg before he fell off a cliff. Lehkonen started scoring some goals when he started playing with hin

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Domi? What are you kidding? Shaw played his best as a Hab with Domi as his center. Drouin was also close to ppg before he fell off a cliff. Lehkonen started scoring some goals when he started playing with hin
was also PPG this season, Armia best start as a Hab, with KK... would you say KK makes playerrs around him better ??

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Shaw was scoring with anyone he was paired with last year, that's why he got "promoted" to Domi's line in the first place. Drouin and him had a nice stretch together, but most of their time together has been inconclusive. Lehkonen plays well with Armia and that's it. Armia is the one making others better in reality, but the only guy he hasn't managed to look good with is...you guessed it

And this year no matter who you put him with gets cold. He's god awful. Only good thing is less stupid penalties.

tenor.gif

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
was also PPG this season, Armia best start as a Hab, with KK... would you say KK makes playerrs around him better ??
Nice so you are using like 15 game sample from Drouin this season vs like a 55 game sample from last years Drouin. You are right, those sample sizes are nearly identical.

Also while you are ignoring my Shaw comment because you know I'm right, you might as well ignore the fact that KK was clearly the 3rd best forward on that line and that Drouin and Armia were still doing well without KK.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Nice so you are using like 15 game sample from Drouin this season vs like a 55 game sample from last years Drouin. You are right, those sample sizes are nearly identical.

Also while you are ignoring my Shaw comment because you know I'm right, you might as well ignore the fact that KK was clearly the 3rd best forward on that line and that Drouin and Armia were still doing well without KK.
half season. ONE half season.

Cant wait for him to turn Cousins into a 45/50 pts player.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Shaw was scoring with anyone he was paired with last year, that's why he got "promoted" to Domi's line in the first place.
You couldn't be more wrong. Shaw had 2 points in 11 games before playing with Drouin and Domi. Also he was pretty bad for us before we even got Domi. He followed that up with 45 points in 52 games...

Drouin and him had a nice stretch together, but most of their time together has been inconclusive.
Nice stretch? As in 46 points in 55 games before he fell off a cliff? You think thats just "nice"?

Lehkonen plays well with Armia and that's it. Armia is the one making others better in reality, but the only guy he hasn't managed to look good with is...you guessed it
Lehkonen sucks with everyone. He scored more goals last year when he played with Domi. That's a fact.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Yup the Habs really need Kotkaniemi to pan out. When you get a 3rd overall pick you really need to make that pick count. Many seem really down on Kotkaniemi but it's far too early to give up on him yet.

I see Caufield with 2 more goals tonight. I swear if MB is even thinking about trading that guy or the Habs 2020 1st or god forbid both in a trade for UFA Taylor Hall signed or unsigned he should be thrown out a window before he can say yes.

I do it for a signed Hall but not a rental. Take the sure thing not the could be a sure thing.
In other news: Galchenyuk is on the block (2 goals in 21 games)... do we take him back for cheap?

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I do it for a signed Hall but not a rental. Take the sure thing not the could be a sure thing.
In other news: Galchenyuk is on the block (2 goals in 21 games)... do we take him back for cheap?

Just the thought of watching AG gliding around, not knowing what to do with the puck, and no effort makes me cringe. Pass.

Also, i get what you're saying with Hall. I agree,but i think Cole will be special. Id rather have both scoring threats. Rather give them KK or Primeau or Poehling

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't know what you are going at here, all I know is that you used ONE half season and 15 games as equal significance.
pretty easy, your "makes others around him better" is B.S., Drouin has been just as productive with KK than he was last season with Domi, Armia is doing OK with Domi now but was also doing great with KK earlier this year, Lehkonen is irrelevant in this discussion he happens to be in his 3/4 goals streak, he'll fade soon just to have another 3/4 goals streak later on - been like that since he's a Hab. Shaw ? happened with ONE player YAY!!!!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I wouldn't even trade Caufield + 2020 1st + the other assets required for a signed Hall. I'd rather the Habs stick with keeping their best prospects and even acquiring more picks at the moment and continue stockpiling the cupboards. Adding a Hall at the cost of some very good future cost controlled assets still wouldn't make this Habs team a contender so I'd rather stay the course of building through the draft right now. If Hall makes it to UFA then yeah inquire to see if he is interested but at a likely 10m+ for 7 years I'm not sure I'd do that either TBH.

Also with the draft in Montreal this summer just imagine if the Habs traded their 2020 1st, for even a signed Hall, and they still missed the playoffs and that pick went on to win the lottery and ended up 1st overall. I can't even begin to imagine the atmosphere at the Bell Centre from Hab fans watching the Devils go to the podium and drafting Lafreniere 1st overall with a pick that belonged to the Habs. That likely wouldn't happen but I certainly wouldn't take any chances of it happening either with no guarantees the Habs even make the playoffs this season.

With the draft being in Montreal and this draft considered one of the best drafts in quite a while that Habs 1st rounder should be completely off limits unless you can get a young stud center or similar type LD back in a package and that likely isn't going to happen so I'd rather keep the pick. MB has never traded a 1st so I hope that continues again this year as well.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To PIT: Paul Byron
To MTL: Alex Galchenyuk

Pens get a useful player for a playoff run.

We get out of Byrons contract and see if Galchenyuk can get back to his 50 point form.

If I were the pens I don't do this trade and try to get more.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Domi Armia
Cousins Suzuki Galchenyuk
Peca Thompson Weal

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

Domi never struck me as a player who make players around him play better. Thats one big problem with the habs, we dont have that type of player on the roster.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Domi never struck me as a player who make players around him play better. Thats one big problem with the habs, we dont have that type of player on the roster.
He literally made Andrew Shaw produce 1st line numbers once they started aying together.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Cant tell if this is sarcasm. Domi was over ppg before shaw played with him.

Yes it was sarcasm, I agree Shaw was playing his best hockey with Domi as center. But IMO it was more luck than actually making him a better player. You need more than one example to earn that title

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yes it was sarcasm, I agree Shaw was playing his best hockey with Domi as center. But IMO it was more luck than actually making him a better player. You need more than one example to earn that title
So he made Shaw better, made Drouin produce almost at a 70 point pace before Drouin fell off a cliff, and made Lehkonen produce once he started playing with him.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I hope we try hard to get Hall (extended)

Wrote this on main board:
1st (2021) + Fleury/Primeau + Hudon for Hall extended (9.5 M x 7 years)
is a good package

For the remainder of the season, the habs can roll with
Hall - Domi - Suzuki
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Lehkonen

Then trade tatar next summer to make room for hall's new contract

Hall - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Poehling - Lehkonen

Mete - Weber
Chariot - Petry
Romanov - Fleury/Juulsen/Brook

Price​

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

is a good package

Hall - Domi - Suzuki

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Mete - Weber
Chariot - Petry

Price​
Do not trade Primeau... trade Price instead...

Reactions: phillytennis

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So he made Shaw better, made Drouin produce almost at a 70 point pace before Drouin fell off a cliff, and made Lehkonen produce once he started playing with him.
and with another C, Drouin was PPG this season...
Legkonen ? LOL same stuff every year

so you're back to ONE player, ONE half-season.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

is a good package

Hall - Domi - Suzuki

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Mete - Weber
Chariot - Petry

Price​

I think the Devils could get better offers from other teams than your offer. Offers from the Hall thread on the mainboard like a 2020 1st + Timmins + Jost trumps your offer IMO.

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad