Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Aside from this season, Burakovsky is a ~30 points player, like Lehkonen. I have to think he'll just do the same as him. Byram is nice and all, except I wouldn't pay high price for a player that hasn't played Pro yet. There's a lot of risk in what you're proposing and I'd rather keep the center to play it safer. Specially since Kotkaniemi has been taken out with an unknown injury and Poehling is getting swamped in the AHL.

Bura is a 2nd line LW, 50-60 pts potential as he enters his prime. Armia is a good reference. Thing is, these big guys tend to take longer to reach their prime because what holds them down when they are young is their skating. 3-4 years in the gym and they often go from C or B- skaters to Bs or B+ = all the difference in the world.

We should remember this with KK more often. Look at Kopitar's contribution curve for example. Took him 4 years to be a way 2 way player.

Back on subject: I'm not sure I love Bura but he would be useful to us if we had centers that could open up space. Not sure we do have this per say (outside of a young Suzuki).

That being said: I don't care AT ALL what would come with Byram. Byram is a #1 D, you take him and you run even if Lucic is coming with him (for argument's sake).
Colorado would be extremely stupid to deal the best incarnation of Raymond Bourque we've seen in a while to win this year. Having the opportunity to have a team with Byram, Makarr and McKinnon-Rantanen for 10 years isn't something Sakic should give up on easily particularly knowing how he won his own cups. For Taylor Hall who hasn't won anything ever? I could see him deal Byram for Doughty...and give futures for Hall.

Reactions: vokiel

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
PlayStation said no?

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHAh was joking, reality this is the type of trade playstation says yes to.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019

If Bergevin wants to get bigger then go get bigger not to complicated....might as well trade Hudon because next time he gets called up and then sent down he will need waivers....no point losing him for free....get either an AJ Greer or AHL veteran tough guy like Liam O'Brien or a veteran like Kyle Clifford.

Jul 6, 2016
Calvin DeHaan could be a good solution for the second-pairing LHD.

Jul 6, 2016
Why? Chiarot is the same age, cheaper, and producing the same. Go for the big fish or no fish at all is what I say.

We need TWO LHD for this two top pairings. Chiarot is one. De Haan would be the other. Mete can stay on the bottom pairing for the time being.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I pass on Pageau. He's overrated due to getting opportunity with the Sens at the moment. I wouldn't even sign him as a UFA. Not the type the Habs need for our forward mix IMO.

If we traded for him at least he wouldnt be able to score against us when we play the SENS LOL.

Reactions: tazsub3

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We need TWO LHD for this two top pairings. Chiarot is one. De Haan would be the other. Mete can stay on the bottom pairing for the time being.

Nah, I rather not trade futures for short term gains. We are going nowhere in the short term so go after the big fish or no fish at all. We need to focus on the long game so the big fish I am talking about comes with team control, not 3 or less years in term.

Mete is not a bottom pairing guy at this stage. He is very underrated IMO.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Would Scandella not be a good fit? with more size and cheaper than de Hann?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Bring Chucky back for cheap, he's on the block again, being treated like a huge celebrity in small town Montréal could revitalize his mojo. I heard PhD Robert Greenberg in a lecture concluding Mozart would have survived had he stayed in Prague (where people actually liked him) instead of basing himself in Vienna (classical music capital of the world at that time).

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad