Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why not offer sheet Tkachuk? Same offer as Aho got, just to piss off Treliving.
I'm fairly certain there's plenty of offers to RFAs every summer that are just not signed and that you never hear about. The issue is not to make an offer it's to have the player sign it.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I'm fairly certain there's plenty of offers to RFAs every summer that are just not signed and that you never hear about. The issue is not to make an offer it's to have the player sign it.
the good time to do it is when the season begins because they just have one week to equal and they can't get the 10 % over the Cap to help them

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2 x 30 seasons and player a lot more implicated than Laine . Maybe i am alone but i wouldn't be against getting him instead of Laine 8m $ ?

I always prefer the player that is self motivated and who has a strong work ethic, which is why there continue to be red flags about Laine despite his scoring prowess. That said, don’t know enough about Connor but I have not heard that he has Laine’s issues, which is a good thing.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Totally agree. I think it's time they start packaging picks to move up starting next year. Quantity isn't really what they need, but you can turn quantity of picks into (hopefully) greater quality.
No team is going to trade 1st round picks for 3rd round and lower picks. I don’t give a shit how many 3 to 5th round picks habs have. Where’s the one extra f***ing first round pick?

Reactions: habsfan891

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No team is going to trade 1st round picks for 3rd round and lower picks. I don’t give a **** how many 3 to 5th round picks habs have. Where’s the one extra ****ing first round pick?

Draft in Montreal — that extra first round pick is NOT a luxury!!! :sarcasm:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'm all for it value-wise, it's rare that a scorer like Laine is said to be available. However, the hole at defense would sink the team unless young players really progressed or Price had another Hart trophy season.
Who gives a shit about how habs do this year? Laine and another top 5 pick this year? Yeah baby.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Losing 6-4 or 7-5 sounds so much better then what we’re doing now. If that doesn’t make us a playoff contender I don’t know what will.

Then Price will just lose it, demand a trade and then the team’s downward death spiral builds momentum.
Hockey is all about scoring goals. That’s the first priority. You worry about d after that.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Pretty sure the ask is Domi, I was known 1-2 months ago that the Jets really wanted Domi from MTL.

Domi for Laine is something I would think about, but the problem is Laine mindset

I'd have a hard time trading Domi. He's one of the few players we've had here who seem like they really give a shit about wearing the CH and love playing here. I haven't seen a player that vocal about being a Hab in a very long time.

I'd explore every avenue possible to land Laine, but that would be tough.

Reactions: Yoor and DarkSender

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
No team is going to trade 1st round picks for 3rd round and lower picks. I don’t give a **** how many 3 to 5th round picks habs have. Where’s the one extra ****ing first round pick?

Never suggested the Habs could use 3rd and 5th round picks to get a 1st. But their own 1st and a 3rd might get the up a few spots. Or a 1st and 2nd. Or 2 x 2nds might get you another 1st. Then maybe 2 x 1sts gets you a really high pick. That kind of thing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd have a hard time trading Domi. He's one of the few players we've had here who seem like they really give a **** about wearing the CH and love playing here. I haven't seen a player that vocal about being a Hab in a very long time.

I'd explore every avenue possible to land Laine, but that would be tough.

You've got a stronger stomach than I do. I don't think I would make Domi available in a Laine scenario at all. He'd be a deal-breaker for me. As would be KK.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
If Juulsen shows some amazing things in the camp and pre-season we could see a trade involving Petry + center prospect for Laine

only IF Juulsen is ready to take top 4 role ( IDC about doing the playoffs this year, I want 1 more top 10 prospect and we are good)
Why do we want to trade Petry????I don’t care how much Juulsen shows in camp or this year, his skill set is not on par with Petry. Two totally different d-man. Weber is our best all around d-man but Petry is our best d-man that can skate the puck out of our zone, he is also under appreciated in his all around game. Until we have a d-man that can rival Petry in skill set, Petry is our anchor on the 2nd pairing.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
That’s the deal Tkachuk wants, that’s why you make the offer. That’s why Aho signed his deal, it was a good deal for him. Calgary would prefer either a bridge deal or a long term deal, make it hard for them to sign. I’d much rather have Tkachuk over Laine.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes. You have to do it to get a player of his quality.

No way it would be enough though so don't worry about it.

My question was rhetorical, obviously.

As I mentioned in a follow-up post, you deal with the Petry fallout after the deal is done. Landing someone of Laine's caliber is a rare opportunity -- you can always find a way to replace Petry.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Just like Edmonton, I’ll pass.

Like Edmonton ? Most of their forward struggled to get 30, even 20 points. I'm not sure just the fact of having McDavid in itself qualifies as prioritizing goals. They've mostly done the opposite, they've slowly traded away their point producers (even potential future guys like Barzal) for plugs.

Reactions: DarkSender

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Would you do Suzuki+Juulsen+Weise+second for Laine?

Juulsen fits well in Winnipeg they get a much needed the young&ready RH D
Suzuki is our best prospect up front
Weise as cap dump

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Would you do Suzuki+Juulsen+Weise+second for Laine?

Juulsen fits well in Winnipeg they get a much needed the young&ready RH D
Suzuki is our best prospect up front
Weise as cap dump

I would. I don’t know if Peg might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad