Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
As long as the base is good, I would easily change the second for a first if that all it takes... Laine on KK's wing would be absolutly lethal for next 10 years. Just do it !

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Would you do Suzuki+Juulsen+Weise+second for Laine?

Juulsen fits well in Winnipeg they get a much needed the young&ready RH D
Suzuki is our best prospect up front
Weise as cap dump
The Jets would not take a cap dump when they're up against the cap already. Secondly, offering Suzuki is just too much. What did the Jets say to us when we were looking for a young center for Pacioretty? The same thing we should tell them now with Suzuki: The deal is too expensive.

Reactions: Omar

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
If our young centers take a big step forward, could a Danault with a small + for Connor swap make some sense? Cheaper than Laine, solid PP option.

Why do we want to trade Petry????I don’t care how much Juulsen shows in camp or this year, his skill set is not on par with Petry. Two totally different d-man. Weber is our best all around d-man but Petry is our best d-man that can skate the puck out of our zone, he is also under appreciated in his all around game. Until we have a d-man that can rival Petry in skill set, Petry is our anchor on the 2nd pairing.

I usually agree about not trading a core player at a premium position like Petry until a replacement is available. But if in some silly world, Petry is a piece the Jets want in a Laine trade, you throw caution to the wind. 7+ years of Laine is worth way way more than the rest of Petry's contract.

Reactions: habsfan891

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Would you do Suzuki+Juulsen+Weise+second for Laine?

Juulsen fits well in Winnipeg they get a much needed the young&ready RH D
Suzuki is our best prospect up front
Weise as cap dump

thats bad for the jets
They arent going to take just prospects when trading a 21 year old 40 goalscorer.

Also trading weise as a cap dump would probably require to give up a 2nd round pick.

So your trade proposal is basically Suzuki + Juulsen for Laine which is nowhere near enough.

Drouin + 1st + Juulsen is what I would do

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I'd do Suzuki+1st+Juuslen/Mete easily, for Laine on a max term deal around 9m.

Drouin-KK-Laine
Tatar-Domi-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia
Weal-Poehling-Byron

please and thank you.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The Jets would not take a cap dump when they're up against the cap already. Secondly, offering Suzuki is just too much. What did the Jets say to us when we were looking for a young center for Pacioretty? The same thing we should tell them now with Suzuki: The deal is too expensive.

If you get Laine and Caulfield next year......chances are there won't be any places left for Suzuki anyway on the top 6.....so i would not mind one bit about giving up Suzuki in that deal.

Unless you are sure that Suzuki will put up 70+ points season...we will get the best player in that deal

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If our young centers take a big step forward, could a Danault with a small + for Connor swap make some sense? Cheaper than Laine, solid PP option.

I usually agree about not trading a core player at a premium position like Petry until a replacement is available. But if in some silly world, Petry is a piece the Jets want in a Laine trade, you throw caution to the wind. 7+ years of Laine is worth way way more than the rest of Petry's contract.

I doubt Connor is cheaper than Laine. Laine's obviously the better goal scorer, but Connor is a much more complete player.

Reactions: JAPPO

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Doesn't look like the Jets are going to be able to fit both Connor and Laine under the cap and from the two, Laine looks like the one to go.

Wondering how much of a shot the Habs have.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Doesn't look like the Jets are going to be able to fit both Connor and Laine under the cap and from the two, Laine looks like the one to go.

Wondering how much of a shot the Habs have.
Ive heard our GM's are friends so you never know be nice for our team to get lucky for once though

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
When are you people going to learn?

Laine/Connor aren’t coming here. MB is an idiot. What you see today is what you get October 5th.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Ideally, you’d want one of the young players ready to step in.

But, you know how that goes — sometimes you have a chance at an amazing player and you can miss out for not being a little more flexible. Get Laine while you can, deal with the Petry fallout afterwards.
Isn't petry a right d? And aren't they much easier to acquire as opposed to left defenders?

Montreality

Jul 11, 2012
Montreal
I'd do Suzuki+1st+Juuslen/Mete easily, for Laine on a max term deal around 9m.

Drouin-KK-Laine
Tatar-Domi-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia
Weal-Poehling-Byron

please and thank you.

OR

Domi-KK-Laine ( Domi can play Center to start if needed)
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Poehling-Armia
Lehkonen-Weal/Thompson-Byron

jesus price thats a beauty lineup compared to a couple of years ago haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad