Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
He was willing to move our top 3 picks next year for Aho, I won’t be surprised if we see a trade or 2 including some of those picks once Carolina officially signs Aho.

Exactly. By making that offer sheet, Bergevin clearly stated to other GM's he is willing to pay the compensation. So another GM in a cap bind could just as well call up Bergevin and make a trade.

Reactions: DAChampion

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm not even sure Laine is worth Suzuki if he wants $10M

it be a smart IF Laine is indeed to be traded and MTL works a deal...give him 10.5 x 7 yrs ...get it over with,lock him long term...NO 4 -5 YR DEAL ETC..

Jets got 21 million free cap after letting all those guys walk...

Kyle Conner? gotta be 8-9 million long term ....
Laine? gotta be 10m+....
Jets still in cap trouble...with no D...
Interesting time in the PEG

Last edited:

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
I was looking at Detroit's roster, not only do they have an aging Defense but also they've got some mileage between the pipes.

Mantha is still RFA next season. Detroit has a plethora of UFA D's and RFA F's to sign with - currently - only 5M in the bank.

How about:
Drouin + Juulsen + Alzner (50%) + Lindgren

for

Mantha + [ need to add because as-is clear overpayment ]

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was looking at Detroit's roster, not only do they have an aging Defense but also they've got some mileage between the pipes.

Mantha is still RFA next season. Detroit has a plethora of UFA D's and RFA F's to sign with - currently - only 5M in the bank.

How about:
Drouin + Juulsen + Alzner (50%) + Lindgren

for

Mantha + [ need to add because as-is clear overpayment ]

I would love Mantha on the Habs.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
it be a smart IF Laine is indeed to be traded and MTL works a deal...give him 10.5 x 7 yrs ...get it over with,lock him long term...NO 4 -5 YR DEAL ETC..

Jets got 21 million free cap after letting all those guys walk...

Kyle Conner? gotta be 8-9 million long term ....
Laine? gotta be 10m+....
Jets still in cap trouble...with no D...
Interesting time in the PEG
I'm just not a stoked Laine fan. I'd take him on my team but he is a complementary player and not a win-driver in my opinion. Marner is way ahead of him in my books.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Drouin, Lindgren and a 2nd is the new Ryder, Halak and a 2nd.

Everything old is new again.
Those who think Domi as C is expendable should look to trade him instead of Drouin, because the club will get a much bigger return from teams that will fight each other to take Montreal's unneeded star off its hands.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm just not a stoked Laine fan. I'd take him on my team but he is a complimentary player and not a win-driver in my opinion. Marner is way ahead of him in my books.

Any guy who scores 15-20 goals a yr on the PP is not a win driver?

Just trying to imagine....If we had Laine last year and he scored 15-20 pp goals on the powerplay...would we made the playoffs...hmmm

Laine got lots of guys around him with Jets....if he is the "main guy" as he would be in Mtl..be a different story.

In Montreal it would be Laine's team...he'd be our Crosby..he'd be our McDavid..etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23

Physical Ed

May 23, 2013
Personally my first choice as a RFA was AHO (considering the price to pay), then I would target Tkachuk before Laine. If we want to build around speed and grit he would provide all of that and scoring.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Personally my first choice as a RFA was AHO (considering the price to pay), then I would target Tkachuk before Laine. If we want to build around speed and grit he would provide all of that and scoring.

Aho is gonbe ?9but not fogotten..lol)

Tkachuk....i really do like ...welcome him on my team anyday....BUT,,this kid is goona be a 50 goal man ...i can't pass that...

Reactions: Physical Ed

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Those who think Domi as C is expendable should look to trade him instead of Drouin, because the club will get a much bigger return from teams that will fight each other to take Montreal's unneeded star off its hands.

Domi is not going anywhere. He's a productive player at a premium position and fan favorite. Fans wouldn't forgive the move even if it's not something a lot of posters look at when they're concocting fake trades. He's got to stay for the long haul. We've got ourselves a keeper.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Drouin, Juulsen and Lindgren get us close to Provorov and his supposed $8M AAV ?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Domi is not going anywhere. He's a productive player at a premium position and fan favorite. Fans wouldn't forgive the move even if it's not something a lot of posters look at when they're concocting fake trades. He's got to stay for the long haul. We've got ourselves a keeper.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want our best center in a decade or more traded on the outside, nor traded on the inside into another small winger, like we didn't have enough of them.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Exactly. By making that offer sheet, Bergevin clearly stated to other GM's he is willing to pay the compensation. So another GM in a cap bind could just as well call up Bergevin and make a trade.
That is the strategy i see. And i believe fear is usually a good motivator

MistaWa16

Sep 6, 2007
Montreal
Drouin, Juulsen and Lindgren get us close to Provorov and his supposed $8M AAV ?

Definetly not. And i don't why people are including Lindgren in packages as if he adds value. The guy will be paid 750k per year for the next two years in the Ahl and he isn't even strarter material there. Terrible contract.

Reactions: Deebs

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I'm just not a stoked Laine fan. I'd take him on my team but he is a complementary player and not a win-driver in my opinion. Marner is way ahead of him in my books.

From what I heard, he was injured last year. The year before, he was driving the team.

Reactions: DAChampion

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If you got this core locked long term(7 yr deals)

Domi KK and Laine.....you're set...

McDavid 287 games 128 goals
Laine 237 games 110 goals

Jeezus.

Yes, Laine is a strong PP threat. Now for the rest of the truth.

Laine had 15 even strength goals in 82 games.

Andrew Shaw had 16 even strength goals in 63 games.

Laine was a friggin' MINUS-24 on a good team!!!

He's moody and apparently greedy, and coming off his worst season. He had a total of 9 goals in 58 games after November 29th, and was a DETRIMENT to the team as they went down the stretch to try to win the division. After February 28th, he had 1 goal in 19 games, and zero at ES. He had a far worse stretch from December onwards than Jonathan Drouin, whom everyone is dumping on here.

Please do not mention him in the same sentence as McDavid.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
Laine had an absolute train wreck of a season and managed to score 30. Fortnite gossips aside, there were reports that he played with a back injury.

I'm not saying that Bergevin should sell the farm for him (although I imagine his price is very high) but I feel like a lot are downplaying Laine. He's only 21 and will way more than likely bounce back.

Also he's been good in his 2 playoffs appeareances so far, as well as in the Liiga playoffs. I wouldn't question his competitiveness when it truly counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad