Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I think if NYR retain on Kreider, the price will be a 1st and a conditional 1st.
Why would we need ‘retained salary’?

I’m interested in Kreider, I also see it as a reason to move on from Drouin, whether he’s included in the deal or in a separate deal.

As far as Price goes, he’s the one who asked the GM for our team to get better, it’s something he has to live with. I don’t see it as a problem.

Reactions: charliemurphy

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
"Handed"? Yeah SURE.

Trade for him? OK it's possible, but what would you give? I asked earlier, not sure if I missed the reply.

yup, i did answer.

We'd have to give up a 1st round pick to start.

Then one of our roster players ...(pick a name)

and then, whatever else goes...

If Laine was locked up at 5 .5 million Jets would get a king ransom for him..but saying that tho they would have no need to consider trading him..lol he'd fit under the cap....

But at $10.5 million? those type of contracts(when you trade them) changes the return of the player....you don't get a kings ransom for that anymore..not at 10.5-12.5 dollar contract range....and not when you're desperate to make the trade due to cap reasons

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Why would we need ‘retained salary’?

I’m interested in Kreider, I also see it as a reason to move on from Drouin, whether he’s included in the deal or in a separate deal.

As far as Price goes, he’s the one who asked the GM for our team to get better, it’s something he has to live with. I don’t see it as a problem.

Thanks for the response. Whats the status with Drouin?

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I would think Gorton would ask for a 1st and a mid-tier prospect or depending on the prospect perhaps just the one top prospect although we just dealt a couple of 2nds. In all honesty I wouldn't rule out Gorton adding to Kreider if it meant going after a specific prospect. Despite what folks on the main boards say, the Rangers aren't looking to make a run at things for at least a couple of seasons. The only reason I'm curious is because Montreal has really good depth at center (some would say a little too much, lol) and wondering if anything can be done with something based around Kreider as it looks as if he won't be part of NY's future.

Hmmm, if I read between the lines, i think you're interested in either poehling or suzuki (but probably more the former) for Kreider. The answer's no. What about sumthin around Danault for Skjei?

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Hmmm, if I read between the lines, i think you're interested in either poehling or suzuki (but probably more the former) for Kreider. The answer's no. What about sumthin around Danault for Skjei?

I don't think Skeji is available as he'll be pairing up with Trouba.
What center prospects are available? Is the plan to eventually go with Domi-Kotkaniemi-Poehling-Suzuki down the middle? Again, I don't know what the situation is at center long term for Montreal but it looks intense.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks for the response. Whats the status with Drouin?
I think he’s worn out his welcome here, mostly with the fans. It’s a tough crowd to please.

Imo, he needs to be second fiddle on a line with a true superstar to open up space for him. He’s not bad, he just needs to not try to create something out of nothing, just make the smart play positionally.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think he’s worn out his welcome here, mostly with the fans. It’s a tough crowd to please.

Imo, he needs to be second fiddle on a line with a true superstar to open up space for him. He’s not bad, he just needs to not try to create something out of nothing, just make the smart play positionally.

No way ...everyone was bashing the crap out of the fella in Colorado Nate McKinnion because why??? first round bust...trade him...... Then boom he took off...

Drouin, you watch ...and there's a reason COLORADO is sniffing around trying to get JD from the Habs...

The breakout of JD is on the cusp...

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I don't think Skeji is available as he'll be pairing up with Trouba.
What center prospects are available? Is the plan to eventually go with Domi-Kotkaniemi-Poehling-Suzuki down the middle? Again, I don't know what the situation is at center long term for Montreal but it looks intense.

Plan (at least mine) is Domi on lw, Suzuki on rw and roll with KK, Poehling and Danault. If Suzuki is ineffective playing on the wing then trade Danault.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Plan (at least mine) is Domi on lw, Suzuki on rw and roll with KK, Poehling and Danault. If Suzuki is ineffective playing on the wing then trade Danault.

I was going to bring up Danault... that seems like a lot of shuffling and not sure what kind of time frame that would take. Where does a prospect like Ikonen come in?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
You may say I should let go of the grudge but Kreider is still Undesirable #2 after Milan.

Would be cringey seeing either of them wearing the Habs logo. Kreider could definitely bring something to this team, but he's not the guy.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
No way ...everyone was bashing the crap out of the fella in Colorado Nate McKinnion because why??? first round bust...trade him...... Then boom he took off...

Drouin, you watch ...and there's a reason COLORADO is sniffing around trying to get JD from the Habs...

Or maybe the Avs want him because Drouin would be a good fit with McKinnon, which is more or less what I alluded to.

I’m not being anti Drouin, if he can adapt a play a disciplined style of hockey he could thrive here. As long as we lack the high end skill of other teams in our division we’ll have to play a more defensive style of hockey.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I was going to bring up Danault... that seems like a lot of shuffling and not sure what kind of time frame that would take. Where does a prospect like Ikonen come in?
I assume you mean Ylonen? Rw depth chart in 1/2 years: Gallagher, Suzuki, Caufield, Ylonen. Ikonen will likely never play for the Habs or even the NHL. Don't know either if Gallagher will stay/be re-signed after his contract ends.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

I believe it too. I do not want to trade him.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Dont know if anyone ask this before, but could a trade around Drouin vs Laine's rights something possible? Dont really know what Laine is asking as salary but under 9M (around the same as we offer Aho) for a 21 years old 30 goals scorer, I would be happy. He would also help our PP. Drouin is a 24 years old +/- 50 points with a cap friendly contract for Winnipeg.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Dont know if anyone ask this before, but could a trade around Drouin vs Laine's rights something possible? Dont really know what Laine is asking as salary but under 9M (around the same as we offer Aho) for a 21 years old 30 goals scorer, I would be happy. He would also help our PP. Drouin is a 24 years old +/- 50 points with a cap friendly contract for Winnipeg.
Why not go for Ehlers instead? Give the Jets what they really need - Lehkonen, lol. I mean cap space.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Why not go for Ehlers instead? Give the Jets what they really need - Lehkonen, lol. I mean cap space.
I dont we have the pièces to land him other than draft picks. And he is a small left-hand winger that we have a lot of. And I really like Lekhonen dont want to trade him at his current low value.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Both Poehling AND Danault as two-way centers ahead of our best offensive center in a decade at least.

So much fail.

If you don't want Domi anymore as a C, trade him. Someone else will value him more than you do.

Reactions: charliemurphy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad