Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Both Poehling AND Danault as two-way centers ahead of our best offensive center in a decade at least.

So much fail.

If you don't want Domi anymore as a C, trade him. Someone else will value him more than you do.
Chill dude. Nothing's set in stone. It's just that i think Poehling is more of a natural center than Domi. I'd have no problems trading Danault and roll with Kk, Domi and Poehling at center. Reason I want to try Domi at LW is because I also want to give Poehling top 6 minutes to gauge his offensive potential. Domi-Kk-Suzuki, Drouin-Poehling-Caufield as a top 6 and Danault centering the 3rd line looks promising af.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I assume you mean Ylonen? Rw depth chart in 1/2 years: Gallagher, Suzuki, Caufield, Ylonen. Ikonen will likely never play for the Habs or even the NHL. Don't know either if Gallagher will stay/be re-signed after his contract ends.

No, I meant Ikonen. Why? Thought he only signed a one year extension with KalPa.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If we're going to do that, might as well pay more and target Marner.

Agreed. Also, offer sheeting Laine is more a favor to Western teams and Jets' division rivals. Offer sheeting Marner targets a direct rival. So it's a double bonus.

Not to mention Marner is a better player. And how great would it be to reunite Marner and Domi?

Reactions: jaffy27

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Would ya give up the 4 1sts for Laine?

It's doubtful that trading four first rounders for a sure-thing second overall starting his ELC is a good thing. It's absolutely idiotic to give up four first rounders for a guy you have to pay over $10M per year for and is not a Generational Superstar (Crosby, Gretzky, Lemieux, etc.)

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Jul 6, 2016
Agreed. Also, offer sheeting Laine is more a favor to Western teams and Jets' division rivals. Offer sheeting Marner targets a direct rival. So it's a double bonus.

Not to mention Marner is a better player. And how great would it be to reunite Marner and Domi?

It would be awesome !

Too bad, it won't happen.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Reason I want to try Domi at LW is because I also want to give Poehling top 6 minutes to gauge his offensive potential. /QUOTE]

ROTFLMFAO.

What next? If Poehling succeeds and puts up second line points, we move him to wing and try the next guy?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The best option for OS was Kapanen, over paying for him would have caused issue for the Toronto, they would have taken the pick. I don’t see MB making a other OS but the possibility of a offer sheet should be to enough to gain leverage in a trade. We have cap space and something for everyone. Still surprised we haven’t made a deal with Vegas, TB or Wpg to help them clear some cap space.

Drouin/ Tatar
Lehkonen
Byron
Juulsen
Lindgren
Suzuki
Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad