Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Of course it's a deterrent. If a player were told that as an "outsider", he would have to pay triple for a house what locals pay, it might still bother him even if he could afford it. They're human beings. Like I said, it even bothered Carbo enough to make it public.
His issue was different. Even though his children were educated in English because he was French they needed to go to a French school.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Thats ridiculous because a private school here costs a grand and in the US its ten... so yeah. I also think you think a bit too highly of the bros playing hockey and getting paid. The majority of them probably spend it like they earn it.
Not 10 000 try 56 000 usd My son played prep school hockey 2 years. Lucky he was given a scholarship.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why don’t we leavve out the Avs and trade Petry for Kadri? I think Kadri would do well as Domi's centre (moving Domi back to wing) and then move on from Drouin in a separate trade.

I have no interest in the Leafs top 9 spare assets cause the Habs are already cluttered with top 9 depth with Poehling and Suzuki coming soon. If we were trading with the Leafs and they wanted Petry, my asking price is Sandin & 2020 1st as a minimum. If we retain to help their salary cap issue, the prices goes higher. Add another 2nd.

Reactions: John B

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I have no interest in the Leafs top 9 spare assets cause the Habs are already cluttered with top 9 depth with Poehling and Suzuki coming soon. If we were trading with the Leafs and they wanted Petry, my asking price is Sandin & 2020 1st as a minimum. If we retain to help their salary cap issue, the prices goes higher. Add another 2nd.
Kadri would make our Top 9 better, if we have to get rid of someone let it be the weakest link.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would the Ducks do this considering how their salary is structured for them to win now vs later, their needs on RD, and the little cap space they have?

- Petry (50% retention)
- 2019 2nd (46th)
for
- 9th OA

The 9th OA pick does nothing for their current window. So do they value keeping this for after their current window or do they consider moving it for help now?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
JRAtLrvVtbwFQWjJ6
Nah, I'm not interested in Kadri when we have to give up assets to get him. His loyalties lies with the Leafs and I like our top 9 depth.
Google Image Result for https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Dq0jUQ-g4LXJxH_IWI1NZhoQ33k=/0x61:405x331/1200x800/filters:focal(0x61:405x331)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/18172023/boooooookadri.0.jpeg

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm not opposed to Leddy, depends on the price. I do know that he's somewhat regressed on the PP with fans wanting Pulock to take over the PP instead of him. I'd deal one of our expendable forwards (Byron, Lehk) plus CBJ's 2nd for him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I predict that we trade for Nick Leddy

He’s an interesting trade candidate if they are looking to clear up cap space to re-sign some of those forwards. Not sure if Hickey, Pelech or Toews can play 1LD though. That would be a lot of minutes that need replacing.

Leddy-Weber would be a top pairing in the NHL for a couple of years. Move Mete down with Juulsen and re-sign Kulak. All of a sudden you have a very good unit.

Last edited:

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Habs don't need Kadri and the Leafs will want a ransom so I pass.
I wouldn’t overpay to get him, Petry with 50% retained would be about it.

——-

If a team wanted to draft Spencer Knight with our pick and were willing to offer a recent mid 1st round pick d man like Ty Smith or Valimaki would that be trade you'd be interested in?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wouldn’t overpay to get him, Petry with 50% retained would be about it.

——-

If a team wanted to draft Spencer Knight with our pick and were willing to offer a recent mid 1st round pick d man like Ty Smith or Valimaki would that be trade you'd be interested in?

I'm not trading Petry with 50% retention for a top 9 forward. I value Kadri but we don't need him. All he does is clutter our top 9 depth and it's already cluttered as it is and Poehling and Suzuki are coming.

I value Petry over Kadri to be honest. I rather overpay for Skinner as a UFA before I trade Petry+ for Kadri

Show me your forward line-up with Kadri on the Habs?

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I'm not trading Petry with 50% retention for a top 9 forward. I value Kadri but we don't need him. All he does is clutter our top 9 depth and it's already cluttered as it is and Poehling and Suzuki are coming.

I value Petry over Kadri to be honest. I rather overpay for Skinner as a UFA before I trade Petry+ for Kadri

Show me your forward line-up with Kadri on the Habs?
Domi/Kadri/Suzuki
Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Shaw
Byron/Weal/Armia

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Domi/Kadri/Suzuki
Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Shaw
Byron/Weal/Armia

So you are adding Kadri at the cost of Drouin and Lehkonen and moving Poehling and Domi to wing? Did you know that Drouin out performed Kadri with similar ice time and Kadri played on the stacked PP unit?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
So you are adding Kadri at the cost of Drouin and Lehkonen and moving Poehling and Domi to wing? Did you know that Drouin out performed Kadri with similar ice time and Kadri played on the stacked PP unit?
I’d trade Droun and Lehkonen. If Julien had Kadri and Drouin on the bench who do you think would get ice time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad