Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d trade Droun and Lehkonen. If Julien had Kadri and Drouin on the bench who do you think would get ice time?

You don't know how well Kadri would fit our team so lets not pretend. I rather keep Drouin before I trade Petry with retention to the Leafs for Kadri. Kadri as our #1C? I'm not buying that.

What kind of player was Kadri before they Leafs inserted the 3 young guns and then Tavares this past year? Yeah, he played 3C for them this year but he did get a lot of PP time though. How the hell did Drouin get 16 pts and Kadri get 13 pts on the PP with pretty much the same PP ice time when the Leafs PP was stacked with talent? I think you are overvaluing Kadri.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
I am reading a lot of trade proposals for Petry. I don’t understand why, we are not well stocked in d-man prospects. Let me clarify that by saying high end prospects.He is a good value for his contract and quite frankly is much needed insurance if Weber continues to regress. We desperately need a blue chip d-man prospect who can contribute at both ends of the ice...for now Petry is a valuable member of this team.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Pass on Kadri. He won't put us over the top, we don't need him and that selfish prick f***ed up his teams playoff chances two years in a row now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I am reading a lot of trade proposals for Petry. I don’t understand why, we are not well stocked in d-man prospects. Let me clarify that by saying high end prospects.He is a good value for his contract and quite frankly is much needed insurance if Weber continues to regress. We desperately need a blue chip d-man prospect who can contribute at both ends of the ice...for now Petry is a valuable member of this team.
We do though. Brook, Fleury, Harris, Juulsen is probably the best RD depth in the league after Chicago.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We do though. Brook, Fleury, Harris, Juulsen is probably the best RD depth in the league after Chicago.

You don't want to rush any of these guys until they're ready. Juulsen is cleared to play but may need time in the AHL. Why rush anyone on account of an ill-timed Petry trade?

Reactions: Vachon23

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
You don't want to rush any of these guys until they're ready. Juulsen is cleared to play but may need time in the AHL. Why rush anyone on account of an ill-timed Petry trade?
Yeah I can't see Petry being dealt until next offseason. By then we will know whether Juulsen has fully overcome his injury and Brook would have a year of pro hockey under his belt. Maybe he gets dealt mid season if the price is right and Brook/Juulsen are playing really well but even then I can't see it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I continue to see several posts pining for Brodin as if he's that much better than Mete. I had several posts about Brodin at the TDL. I'll reprise them here.

Again, how is Brodin better than Mete? If we're acquiring him to fill a 1D role then he needs to be significantly better than what we have. Both his production and TOI don't trump Mete. And Mete is an elite skater who makes a great first pass. Brodin projects more as a second pairing guy than he does as first pairing.

I'd wait for a better option, maybe in the summer.

Even the other option of say paying dirt cheap or taking a chance on a D who is having a bad season or who fell out of favor and needs a change of scenery, usually doesn't help you land a top pairing D. I believe that if you really want a first pairing D, you either pay for one or you develop one.

I don't know what goals Brodin is scoring. In the last 5 years, he has three seasons where he's posted 2, 3 and 3 goals totals for the season. I'm certain Mete can match that, it's not exactly an elite threshold.

Look at this year. Brodin has 16 points in 61 games. Mete has 8 in 50 games. How is Brodin significantly better than Mete? With more experience, Mete will equal if not surpass Brodin offensively. Brodin is not producing first pairing worthy stats to such an extent as to be significantly better than Mete.

I'd rather not expend any resources chasing someone like Brodin. He's not a first pairing D.

The last post was from Feb. 22nd. Brodin completed the season with 18 points -- 4 goals and 14 assists. Mete with no goals and 13 assists, for 13 points.

Why do we need Brodin, again? He's not a first pairing D.

Reactions: jaffy27

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Ewww Kadri on the Habs would make me throw up

I'd love to have Kadri. I hate to be the one to tell you but he's EXACTLY the kind of player Julien loves. He's excelled excelled when he was put in a top 6 position and is a two time 30 goal scorer with grit who gets under the skin of the opponents. Why exactly do you not like him??

I'd love him on this team except we don't need another center. If we did, I'd be all over him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Juulsen only plays AHL if he takes a step back in development. He was NHL ready to start this year and he played like top 4D quality in the first 1/4 of the season so it's reasonable to assume that 3rd pairing spot is his unless he doesn't work for it and takes a step back in development. Or someone plays better than him

He was one of the leaders on D for us in blocks, hits, and +/- in his 1/4 NHL season sample size. If he can continue this type of play, Julien will have him in the line-up.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pass on Kadri. He won't put us over the top, we don't need him and that selfish prick ****ed up his teams playoff chances two years in a row now.

To be fair to Kadri, look how important he must be that his team ultimately lost when they lost him.

Someone took a shot at Marner, Kadri, because he can't fight, but wants to stick up for his teammates took a dirty shot and got suspended for it. I think it was Wingels, or some shit player like that.

DeBrusk threw a big hit on Marleau and the samething played out.

Not like someone hit him and he decided to get revenge.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Think of the most random player in the league.

That's who Bergevin is trading for

Reactions: Holystik

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I continue to see several posts pining for Brodin as if he's that much better than Mete. I had several posts about Brodin at the TDL. I'll reprise them here.

The last post was from Feb. 22nd. Brodin completed the season with 18 points -- 4 goals and 14 assists. Mete with no goals and 13 assists, for 13 points.

Why do we need Brodin, again? He's not a first pairing D.

Brodin would be way better offensively on a team that are fast and based on fast transition like here then a team like Minny where they play a slower tempo. Don’t forget he’s just 25 (he will be 26 n’est season) Plus, Brodin is a stud defensively that prove that he can play 22min and more. He is way better then Mete don’t look just at the stats with Brodin. He could be a great fit for both Weber and Petry. The only problem I see with him is that I don’t think Minny will trade him and if yes they will ask for alote.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Would the Ducks do this considering how their salary is structured for them to win now vs later, their needs on RD, and the little cap space they have?

- Petry (50% retention)
- 2019 2nd (46th)
for
- 9th OA

The 9th OA pick does nothing for their current window. So do they value keeping this for after their current window or do they consider moving it for help now?
The ducks are interesting. Not tanking just yet. I want lindholm but don’t know their ld depth. Draft trade ups into top ten are rare. But ducks might listen. Gonna hurt though. I’ve said this before. Timmins has to know there is nothing that good after ten. If so. Trade up or trade the 15th.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
His issue was different. Even though his children were educated in English because he was French they needed to go to a French school.
Same issue, just applied to his situation. He married an American and his kids went to school in Dallas, and were ineligible to attend their neighbourhood English school here as a result.

Whether Carbo was from here or the USA, the result would have been the same.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The ducks are interesting. Not tanking just yet. I want lindholm but don’t know their ld depth. Draft trade ups into top ten are rare. But ducks might listen. Gonna hurt though. I’ve said this before. Timmins has to know there is nothing that good after ten. If so. Trade up or trade the 15th.

Many Ducks fans will say no and the counter offer I got was Petry and the 15th for the 9th OA. What a joke!

In all honestly, I don't know what the Ducks plans are. Are they rebuilding or are they still a very good team that had an off year due to some injuries? If they still believe they can win in the short term, this deal fits for them. But if they want to be a fringe playoff team and build for the future at the same time, this deal don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad