Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC94

May 13, 2018
I would angle for another first, get Zegras and Poulin in first round be cool. Trade down from 15 to 20, take Poulin and add another 2nd. I would try to add another first by taking on either Lucic or Reimer. If the deal was right.
Maybe we could trade up to #8 with a Lucic deal any takers on that?

Oilers get #15

Habs get
Lucic (salery retained on Oilers end)

Not too familiar with this draft would this even be worth it? Probably not but I would love to sneak into the top 10 would make the pick a bit more exciting

Reactions: FF de Mars

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I say no to the following trade, but I'm interested to hear anyone who says yes:

To Calgary: Alzner
To Mtl: James Neal

Neal's cap hit is 1 million more than Alzner's and his contract goes another year. We get him from the age of 32 to 35. He may be done or may be able to get back to being a 20 goal scorer. I say not worth the risk, and even if he can score twenty next year, he'll likely regress seriously again at 33 or 34.

CLAUSE DETAILS: Lists 8 teams he can NOT be traded to

May be academic in the end, Neal may nix a deal.

Assuming he wouldn't, he doesn't fit where the Habs are going. He's not a great skater. He's got size and would be useful on the PP but the extra contract year and greater salary vs. Alzner makes him unpalatable.

Alzner can be buried and bought out. Why add another ball and chain.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Oilers get #15

Habs get

Not too familiar with this draft would this even be worth it? Probably not but I would love to sneak into the top 10 would make the pick a bit more exciting

Doubt that getting rid of Lucic's contract is worth moving down to 25th from 8th for them, not when buying out Lucic's contract would save them 4M off the top on its own. Would you move down from 8th to 15th for a 2M Cap savings?

MC94

May 13, 2018
Doubt that getting rid of Lucic's contract is worth moving down to 25th from 8th for them, not when buying out Lucic's contract would save them 4M off the top on its own. Would you move down from 8th to 15th for a 2M Cap savings?
In my current position I would do anything to save 2 million dollars lol in that position probably not how would buying him out save more than 50% off the cap though what do the rules look like now adays

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Oilers get #15

Habs get

Yes but we can still hit with the 15th pick just as much as the 8th OA. The only difference is probability of hitting. If the Habs do their homework with scouting like they have in the last two drafts, we should keep our 15th pick. It's a deep draft and we will have options when it comes time to pick.

Lucic is the worse contract in the NHL and he has a NMC. I'd be interested in Lucic and the 8th OA but were not giving up much in return. Taking on Lucic means we are forced to buy him out (or asking him to waive his NMC) before the next expansion draft. Plus he may become a distraction. Give Alzner credit for not complaining. Not sure Lucic handles a demotion to the AHL the same.

I'm interested in talking but no way I'm going out of our way to help the Oilers unload Lucic.

Reactions: MC94

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
- Petry (50% retention)
for
- Ducks 9th OA
- Ducks 2nd rounder

There is a little chatter on the main board and I countered them with the proposal above. Not getting jumped on for it yet which means something on HF boards. lol.

Like or dislike?

MC94

May 13, 2018
Yes but we can still hit with the 15th pick just as much as the 8th OA. The only difference is probability of hitting. If the Habs do their homework with scouting like they have in the last two drafts, we should keep our 15th pick. It's a deep draft and we will have options when it comes time to pick.

Lucic is the worse contract in the NHL and he has a NMC. I'd be interested in Lucic and the 8th OA but were not giving up much in return. Taking on Lucic means we are forced to buy him out (or asking him to waive his NMC) before the next expansion draft. Plus he may become a distraction. Give Alzner credit for not complaining. Not sure Lucic handles a demotion to the AHL the same.

I'm interested in talking but no way I'm going out of our way to help the Oilers unload Lucic.
Oh come on the Oilers went out of their way to make sure he didnt sign with the Habs lol only fair to return the favour
Edit: could you imagine the habs had lucic alzner and wiese taking up 14 million of our cap for next season man that would look bad lol

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oh come on the Oilers went out of their way to make sure he didnt sign with the Habs lol only fair to return the favour

I just wonder how Lucic would look playing on a team with better top 9 talent. Probability says he still disappoints but we just don't know. I think Lucic performs much better on our bottom 6 vs the Oilers bottom 6. Go look at that Oilers depth in the bottom 6. It's horrible.

Still don't mean I'm willing to take him on unless we get the 8th OA pick. Doubt they do it so they can drown with him.

MC94

May 13, 2018
I just wonder how Lucic would look playing on a team with better top 9 talent. Probability says he still disappoints but we just don't know. I think Lucic performs much better on our bottom 6 vs the Oilers bottom 6. Go look at that Oilers depth in the bottom 6. It's horrible.

Still don't mean I'm willing to take him on unless we get the 8th OA pick. Doubt they do it so they can drown with him.
I feel a change of scenery would help litterally anybody on that team produce better numbers,
something in that City just aint right

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I feel a change of scenery would help litterally anybody on that team produce better numbers,
something in that City just aint right

Just a thought (not sure I like or dislike it)... would you trade our 15th and Alzner or their 8th and Lucic?

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
- Petry (50% retention)
for
- Ducks 9th OA
- Ducks 2nd rounder

There is a little chatter on the main board and I countered them with the proposal above. Not getting jumped on for it yet which means something on HF boards. lol.

Like or dislike?
I like it maximizing petry's value is the smart play.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
- Petry (50% retention)
for
- Ducks 9th OA
- Ducks 2nd rounder

Like or dislike?

That makes a lot of sense for Anaheim, who are ready to compete for the cup with Getzlaf+Perry still in their prime.

I think youre aiming a little low though. Maybe ask for 9OA + Lindholm ?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Lehkonen ?

I think we all agree that 2 years of Petry is worth more than a top 10 pick tho. Guy is only 31. Dont forget we need LHD.

I'd think so, but that doesn't mean that it's his market value.

And if the Ducks want to compete now, then why would they move who is essentially their best D-man?

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I'd think so, but that doesn't mean that it's his market value.

And if the Ducks want to compete now, then why would they move who is essentially their best D-man?

I think Bergevin has a higher pick in mind for Petry. Probably the Avs pick (4 oa).

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I spoke to a friend who works for the Canadiens Bergevin has reached out to Cheveldayoff about taking on salary. Potentially Adam Lowry and Matthieu Perrault. I don’t know about the player Bergevin is offering but this will clear up $6 mil cap space for the Jets to resign Patrik Laine.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I spoke to a friend who works for the Canadiens Bergevin has reached out to Cheveldayoff about taking on salary. Potentially Adam Lowry and Matthieu Perrault. I don’t know about the player Bergevin is offering but this will clear up $6 mil cap space for the Jets to resign Patrik Laine.

Have no way of validating this but just for argument’s sake, would definitely like 6’5 Lowry. We don’t need Perreault, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad