Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
- Petry (50% retention)
for
- Ducks 9th OA
- Ducks 2nd rounder

There is a little chatter on the main board and I countered them with the proposal above. Not getting jumped on for it yet which means something on HF boards. lol.

Like or dislike?
That's not bad. I'd certainly consider it. I didn't know the Ducks were interested in acquiring defensemen though. Thought they were pretty deep at that position?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I spoke to a friend who works for the Canadiens Bergevin has reached out to Cheveldayoff about taking on salary. Potentially Adam Lowry and Matthieu Perrault. I don’t know about the player Bergevin is offering but this will clear up $6 mil cap space for the Jets to resign Patrik Laine.

if true I'd be interested in what we could get for taking on over 7M in cap space for 2 years. (7,041,666) so it better be something very good. Last year we took on Mason at 4.1M plus Armia a 4th in 2020 and a 7th in '19.

Perrault is coming off the worst season of his career ppg wise in any season he's played more then 40 games. He does have a 5 team no trade clause.

I would assume this means Thompson and Weal aren't back if he was to do this deal as I assume we wouldn't buy out either player. The Jets only have 3 picks at the draft so perhaps we could add a pick if they were to add someone like Roslovic, Vesalainen or Morrissey depending on who Timmins likes more vs what pick we were to give up.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
I spoke to a friend who works for the Canadiens Bergevin has reached out to Cheveldayoff about taking on salary. Potentially Adam Lowry and Matthieu Perrault. I don’t know about the player Bergevin is offering but this will clear up $6 mil cap space for the Jets to resign Patrik Laine.
Perreault or Lowry might not be a bad acquisitions. Especially if the Jets are giving an incentive to take them.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
if true I'd be interested in what we could get for taking on over 7M in cap space for 2 years. (7,041,666) so it better be something very good. Last year we took on Mason at 4.1M plus Armia a 4th in 2020 and a 7th in '19.

Perrault is coming off the worst season of his career ppg wise in any season he's played more then 40 games. He does have a 5 team no trade clause.

I would assume this means Thompson and Weal aren't back if he was to do this deal as I assume we wouldn't buy out either player. The Jets only have 3 picks at the draft so perhaps we could add a pick if they were to add someone like Roslovic, Vesalainen or Morrissey depending on who Timmins likes more vs what pick we were to give up.

Morrissey isn’t going anywhere. He is there best defenseman. Roslovic could be an option or Sami Niku, Logan Stanley

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
CLAUSE DETAILS: Lists 8 teams he can NOT be traded to

May be academic in the end, Neal may nix a deal.

Assuming he wouldn't, he doesn't fit where the Habs are going. He's not a great skater. He's got size and would be useful on the PP but the extra contract year and greater salary vs. Alzner makes him unpalatable.

Alzner can be buried and bought out. Why add another ball and chain.

I think if the Flames are desperate to move him/free up cap space to address their goalie situation (which, I believe they will be to really make a run at cup contending over the next 2-3 years), they will be willing to part with quality futures to make it happen.

Valimaki & Bennett (or Jankowski) are exactly the kinds of assets that would fit in perfectly with out roster make-up. Neal, while i agree not a perfect fit, is worth the flyer on if we can add those two and exit Alnzner in the process.

Unlike Lucic, there's pretty strong reason to believe he can bounce back to a 20+ goal scorer. While his skating and defensive play are subpar, our top-9 group has those two attributes in spades, but lack his size, nastiness & PP scoring proficiency (even in his disastrous year, he put up 1/2 as many PP goals as any of our forwards, and through his career has consistently put up more than what our guys produce).

Worthwhile gamble imo, IF we get one of Valimaki/Bennett and ship out Alzner in the process.

living in Cgy (and following the flames more than i otherwise would), i still think a large deal makes sense for both teams...

To Cgy
Byron(or Shaw), Hudon (or Reilly), Alzner (1M retained)
~7M

To Mtl
Valimaki, Bennett, Neal, Frolik
~13.5M

frees us up to then trade Drouin for a quality picks/prospects, and still end up with an upgraded Defense and forward group and cap room intact...

Tatar - Domi - Neal
Frolik - Danault - Gallagher
Bennett - JKO - Shaw
Lekhonen - Poehling - Armia

Mete - Weber
Valimaki - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Who's spot they taken? Both are 4th liners,have MTL not enough choice as is?
They are better than 4th liners. If our 4th line gets 15 goals and 30 pts a year then that is very good. They are a considerable upgrade over Peca, Hudon, Thompson, Dlo and Weise.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
I think if the Flames are desperate to move him/free up cap space to address their goalie situation (which, I believe they will be to really make a run at cup contending over the next 2-3 years), they will be willing to part with quality futures to make it happen.

Valimaki & Bennett (or Jankowski) are exactly the kinds of assets that would fit in perfectly with out roster make-up. Neal, while i agree not a perfect fit, is worth the flyer on if we can add those two and exit Alnzner in the process.

Unlike Lucic, there's pretty strong reason to believe he can bounce back to a 20+ goal scorer. While his skating and defensive play are subpar, our top-9 group has those two attributes in spades, but lack his size, nastiness & PP scoring proficiency (even in his disastrous year, he put up 1/2 as many PP goals as any of our forwards, and through his career has consistently put up more than what our guys produce).

Worthwhile gamble imo, IF we get one of Valimaki/Bennett and ship out Alzner in the process.

living in Cgy (and following the flames more than i otherwise would), i still think a large deal makes sense for both teams...

To Cgy
Byron(or Shaw), Hudon (or Reilly), Alzner (1M retained)
~7M

To Mtl
Valimaki, Bennett, Neal, Frolik
~13.5M

frees us up to then trade Drouin for a quality picks/prospects, and still end up with an upgraded Defense and forward group and cap room intact...

Tatar - Domi - Neal
Frolik - Danault - Gallagher
Bennett - JKO - Shaw
Lekhonen - Poehling - Armia

Mete - Weber
Valimaki - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen

Price
Lindgren
They won’t move Valimaki. Maybe Lehkonen and 2nd for Brodie and Stone to free up cap space for Flames. Doesn’t hurt us either. Both Wpg and Vegas need cap space so Lowry (Wpg) would be a nice addition and Tuch from Vegas. Need to get bigger but good skating big guys are even better.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
They won’t move Valimaki. Maybe Lehkonen and 2nd for Brodie and Stone to free up cap space for Flames. Doesn’t hurt us either. Both Wpg and Vegas need cap space so Lowry (Wpg) would be a nice addition and Tuch from Vegas. Need to get bigger but good skating big guys are even better.
Actually Taney on Wpg would also be a nice pickup. Great motor, plays big and could develop into a great top 9 player.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Actually Taney on Wpg would also be a nice pickup. Great motor, plays big and could develop into a great top 9 player.

Already 27 though, not a 'young' player anymore, produced a bit this season, wonder if he just benefited from Wpg firepower or if he could produce even more with more icetime. Also, may hit UFA if Wpg don't re-sign him.

As for your previous comment, Las Vegas just has no incentives to trade Tuch, he's one of the their best and biggest forwards, and only 22.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
They are better than 4th liners. If our 4th line gets 15 goals and 30 pts a year then that is very good. They are a considerable upgrade over Peca, Hudon, Thompson, Dlo and Weise.

I forgot we have Hudon.

Maybe he’ll be in a package to the Jets.

I think Lowry and Armia are good friends. Taking on Pear contract means they will need to add in something like a second and 5th.

Something along the line....

To MTL: Adam Lowry, Matthieu Perrault, 2nd round 2020, 5th round 2019.

To Wpg: Charles Hudon, and Matthew Peca

Ps Lowry is a center winking 57-58% faceoffs

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Domi
Lehkonen Lowry Armia
Poehling Weal Byron
Shaw

Last edited:

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Already 27 though, not a 'young' player anymore, produced a bit this season, wonder if he just benefited from Wpg firepower or if he could produce even more with more icetime. Also, may hit UFA if Wpg don't re-sign him.

As for your previous comment, Las Vegas just has no incentives to trade Tuch, he's one of the their best and biggest forwards, and only 22.
Tuch is a wish to have but if you look at their roster, not sure who else would go. He is now a third line player. I am assuming they want to keep Karlsson.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The question was about a one for one:

To Calgary: Alzner
To Mtl: James Neal

So, your answer is no, you wouldn't do it.

Of course, if we start adding pieces, then it becomes an Armia deal, which is a whole other question.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
They can reached out with another teams?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Morrissey isn’t going anywhere. He is there best defenseman. Roslovic could be an option or Sami Niku, Logan Stanley

Wasn't aware on Morrissey as I don't think I saw the Jets play all year. Not really interested in Stanley, although I'd have to think about seeing him play against Laval a few times this year if he did anything or not. Vesalainen if we send back something good would be an interesting pickup.

Well if they want to upgrade the 4th line since Peca, Hudon and Weise could be in Laval, DLO a 13/14th forward and Thompson is a UFA.

I forgot we have Hudon.

Maybe he’ll be in a package to the Jets.

I think Lowry and Armia are good friends. Taking on Pear contract means they will need to add in something like a second and 5th.

Something along the line....

To MTL: Adam Lowry, Matthieu Perrault, 2nd round 2020, 5th round 2019.

To Wpg: Charles Hudon, and Matthew Peca

I'd want more then a 2nd and a 5th to take on 7M a year in cap space for 2 years unless they think Lowry is really worth it. Plus I don't see them trading a pick for this summers draft when they have only 3 to begin with.

The question was about a one for one:

To Calgary: Alzner
To Mtl: James Neal

So, your answer is no, you wouldn't do it.

Of course, if we start adding pieces, then it becomes an Armia deal, which is a whole other question.

That's a tough one, it would come down to why management felt he had such a bad year. Just not a fit with the flames or age catching up to him as he was never the quickest of players. Considering that he's in year 1 of a 5 year 28.750M deal, there's a lot of risk when we can just have Alzner in Laval helping our young blueliners. After next season, in July when he gets his 1.5M bonus, he'll be owed 5M over the final 2 years of his contract so you might be able to trade him for something not that bad perhaps.

Since we don't need the cap space I wouldn't trade Alzner and take on more cap as I'd just rather have him in Laval and take on other teams cap problems in order to get a good asset or two.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Who's spot they taken? Both are 4th liners,have MTL not enough choice as is?
I don't know, but if the incentive is good enough, it doesn't matter. I think Perreault would be an upgrade over Hudon, Deslauriers, Thompson, Weise, Peca, and maybe even Armia. Perreault might pass as a middle six guy, while Lowry is more bottom 6. Bottom line is that it's all about the incentive that comes with them. Habs could retain on any of them and try to move them later in the season or at the deadline if they don't want to keep them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For sure. They could make a trade right this minute if they wanted to.

I always thought it would be a fun thing to have all the eliminated teams announce trades throughout the playoffs.

Of course, the rationale against it is how those dealing now don't have the advantage of being able to shop with all NHL teams, however, there must be some teams that have working offers that they could now attempt to finalize.

Reactions: NobleSix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad