Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trades and tirades.

Where were we ... trade Lindgren or waive Niemi?

One of the bogus sites is suggesting trading Hudon for a Price back up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hudon doesn't look to be attracting much of a return at this point, I've heard a pundit say he's been trying to move him for months.

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Hudon doesn't look to be attracting much of a return at this point, I've heard a pundit say he's been trying to move him for months.

Then move him to the AHL. At least he gets playing time right ? If claimed he’s claimed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Then move him to the AHL. At least he gets playing time right ? If claimed he’s claimed.

I think they know that he'll be claimed otherwise they would have already sent him down before Agostino.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Not worried about the back up position at all for this season. There will be plenty of back up goalies available on July 1st. No sense giving up assets for nothing.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As long as MB can get someone to take Hudon, it'll be better than losing him for nothing. A 5th should be obtainable.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If Chicago wanted to save money we could flip Niemi for Ward. Both contracts are expiring.

Chicago’s making a push for the playoffs. Crawford’s hurt and that trade would leave them with Niemi and Delia. No way Chicago does that to save a couple of bucks.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Lebrun said last week or the week before that there was a team interested in Hudon but the Habs said they weren't interested in moving him at the time. :dunno: That was before the Weise and Thompson moves and Lebrun then said maybe things have since changed.

IMO if there was a team interested in Hudon he would've been traded unless the other team wanted the Habs to take a bad contract or something back which I doubt for Hudon.

I'm not expecting much from MB this deadline but hopefully he looks at his roster and tries to move any players he's not expecting to bring back next season (Benn, Hudon maybe) even if it's for 5th - 7th round picks.

Reactions: Runner77

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Lebrun said last week or the week before that there was a team interested in Hudon but the Habs said they weren't interested in moving him at the time. :dunno: That was before the Weise and Thompson moves and Lebrun then said maybe things have since changed.

IMO if there was a team interested in Hudon he would've been traded unless the other team wanted the Habs to take a bad contract or something back which I doubt for Hudon.

I'm not expecting much from MB this deadline but hopefully he looks at his roster and tries to move any players he's not expecting to bring back next season (Benn, Hudon maybe) even if it's for 5th - 7th round picks.
If the Habs wanted to think outside the box, they could always move guys like Benn and/or Hudon for a cap dump with short term to get a better return.

For example:
Benn to Tampa Bay for Coburn and a better pick or prospect than we would get for just trading Benn.
Coburn at 50% retained to some other team for a mid to late rounder.

You would end up with a better asset for Benn and then another asset for Coburn in this example. This is only an example though. Not sure if Tampa does that deal.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Lehkonen is a player I would dangle.

He's good defensively but I'd like to see KK with a more offensive player. Silfverberg would be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankyZetts

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

He's good defensively but I'd like to see KK with a more offensive player. Silfverberg would be nice.
Just use the wingers we have better.

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Domi-Shaw
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Poehling-Suzuki/Weise

Lehkonen can still be one of the top 4 penalty killers.

Jul 6, 2016

Byron or Drouin would be nice too... And they are already Habs' players.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Byron or Drouin would be nice too... And they are already Habs' players.

My first step for KK would be to give him Tatar and leave Armia with them for puck retrieval and defence. Domi with Byron and Shaw would work, but eventually I would think Drouin and Domi get back together and Danault plays with Gallagher and Byron. If Suzuki is ready sooner or later, we'll have even more options.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
François Gagnon seems to be saying that Bergevin will look to add a D by the TDL:

Reactions: Vachon23

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Chicago’s making a push for the playoffs. Crawford’s hurt and that trade would leave them with Niemi and Delia. No way Chicago does that to save a couple of bucks.
According to RDS.ca https://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/rumeu...teront-pas-du-renfort-a-court-terme-1.6622289 :

Translated:
Jimmy Greenfield of the Chicago Tribune thinks the team should not try to boost the roster in the short term in order to make the playoffs. Greenfield writes that the Blackhawks could move Cam Ward, Gustav Forsling, Slater Koekkoek, Carl Dahlstrom, Marcus Kruger, John Hayden and Brendan Perlini by the trade deadline without giving the impression of giving up on the season.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
According to RDS.ca https://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/rumeu...teront-pas-du-renfort-a-court-terme-1.6622289 :

Translated:
Jimmy Greenfield of the Chicago Tribune thinks the team should not try to boost the roster in the short term in order to make the playoffs. Greenfield writes that the Blackhawks could move Cam Ward, Gustav Forsling, Slater Koekkoek, Carl Dahlstrom, Marcus Kruger, John Hayden and Brendan Perlini by the trade deadline without giving the impression of giving up on the season.

If they move out Ward, I would guess they’ll be in the market for a rental goalie that’s a lot better then Niemi. Ward’s been playing decent for them as of late. Niemi does nothing for them.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Would Petry and our 1st get us Tkachuk from the Sens?
Why in heaven's name? That's not even the Tkachuk I'd want. But that cost is too high.

At the same time, I doubt the Sens would do it either. Just not a good fit because our need is for D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad