Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wonder if this isn't Pat Hickey putting his own spin, thinking that MB should have tried to land Glass instead. Of course it would have been better but it wouldn't have been the same deal, would have cost way more. Probably Glass wasn't even available.

I don't know what Hickey means by he's not a no. 1 guy -- so what if he's a second line player? Or did they think Suzuki profiled as a first line player and that he could be a center but now they realize that he likely will be neither so they're making him available? Do the Habs view Suzuki as trade bait? Or is he trade bait according to Hickey only?
It's weird, he makes it sound like it's the number one center thing... Even then, I don't think nobody every thought Suzuki had that upside to him, but it wouldn't surprise me with the whole "play him at C" thing early this season. I still see him as a possible top line winger, to be honest. I don't understand the comment, it's either Pat Hickey doesn't know much about Suzuki and is just talking out of his poopoo shooter or, he's talking about something he knows, which comes from upper management, and thats a scary thought, because it means the evaluation was way, way off.

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah, even if he becomes a 2nd line player we would still have got two 2nd line players in that trade, which is pretty damn good! I don't think he's available, we'll need a guy with great passing skills anyway to make our PP work, Drouin ain't cutting it. Suzuki could be a good option on the PP later on.
Suzuki is much more than a good passer, he's a bonafide goalscorer, something we dearly need. He's already the fifth best goalscorer in the whole organisation and he's not even ready for prime-time. It's both a testament to the weakness of the pro-team and the talent he has. I'd only consider Gallagher, Weber, Tatar and Kotkaniemi better goalscorers than him at this point, we really, really need him to pan out goalscoring wise, playmaking wise, there's plenty of option.

Reactions: a55p2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's weird, he makes it sound like it's the number one center thing... Even then, I don't think nobody every thought Suzuki had that upside to him, but it wouldn't surprise me with the whole "play him at C" thing early this season. I still see him as a possible top line winger, to be honest. I don't understand the comment, it's either Pat Hickey doesn't know much about Suzuki and is just talking out of his poopoo shooter or, he's talking about something he knows, which comes from upper management, and thats a scary thought, because it means the evaluation was way, way off.

Hickey is really the elder statesman of Habs reporters. He's built a lot of contacts over the years. Hence, I wouldn't totally dismiss him for that reason.

When he made the comment, I too thought the same as you did -- when the Habs suggested to Suzuki's first junior team that they had a preference for him to play center. Maybe they've been monitoring that and now they've arrived at a different conclusion. I think a lot of posters here were already saying that they saw him more as a winger, so that is hardly a surprise.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hickey is really the elder statesman of Habs reporters. He's built a lot of contacts over the years. Hence, I wouldn't totally dismiss him for that reason.

When he made the comment, I too thought the same as you did -- when the Habs suggested to Suzuki's first junior team that they had a preference for him to play center. Maybe they've been monitoring that and now they've arrived at a different conclusion. I think a lot of posters here were already saying that they saw him more as a winger, so that is hardly a surprise.
Really, if they needed a full year, in his draft+2 season to figure that out... theres a reason why this team has struggled to put out talent on the ice.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Really, if they needed a full year, in his draft+2 season to figure that out... theres a reason why this team has struggled to put out talent on the ice.

I know. Just trying to extrapolate from a limited quote. I have no reliable explanations. Hickey either knows something or he doesn't.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Jul 6, 2016
He also waived Alzner and fired Therrien, it just took more time than we would have liked.

Drouin would be moved if Bergevin got the right offer for him.

Huberdeau for Drouin ? Panther's coach and Huberdeau are not on the same wavelength at all.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Dreger mention something about Lehkonen for Burakovsky and MB basically already turn it down earlier this year.

Both struggling, who would prefer burakovsky ? does a team need to add, if so who?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Why is Suzuki "not what they thought they had" ? What has he shown that was different from his prior years ?

It's either bad scouting before trading for him, or bad scouting right now, because he's the same player, with the same weaknesses and the same strength he had before the Pac trade.
i would add "or it's either Pat Hickey that has no clue about what the Habs think they have ."
Suzuki used to slow the game and he told during an interview that Habs management asked him to think and play the game faster . His game isn't the same from his prior years

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I would be ok with trading Suzuki if it means add a legit top 4 LD.
The centre prospect position is ironically one of the teams strengths now and I think Kotkaniemi and Poehling are both better than Suzuki.

Reactions: dinodebino

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Dreger mention something about Lehkonen for Burakovsky and MB basically already turn it down earlier this year.

Both struggling, who would prefer burakovsky ? does a team need to add, if so who?

Lehkonen easily. The Caps have completely abandoned all hope on Burakovsky. He was already getting healthy scratched often last season.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Lehkonen is a much better player

John B

Nov 19, 2016

I wouldn't do this deal even if Washington added to Burakovsky. Lehkonen is a good fit for the 3rd line. Burakovsky has defensive issues and I don't see him being better than a middle six guy. Lehkonen just has better intangibles.

Having said all that, if this deal were to happen, I would try to get Washington to add. They have very little cap space, so the Habs would be doing them a favor by trading them the player with the lesser cap hit and the better intangibles.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wouldn't do this deal even if Washington added to Burakovsky. Lehkonen is a good fit for the 3rd line. Burakovsky has defensive issues and I don't see him being better than a middle six guy. Lehkonen just has better intangibles.

Having said all that, if this deal were to happen, I would try to get Washington to add. They have very little cap space, so the Habs would be doing them a favor by trading them the player with the lesser cap hit and the better intangibles.
Agreed. Burakovsky is not even better than Lekhonen offensively, so it makes no sense.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Duclair possibly did not want a two-way deal.

I was talking about overpaying him - his highest offer elsewhere was 650k - as a way to make it more beneficial for him to come here and therfore accept going to Joel Bouchard University for a year to get his s--t together. Short term pain, playong in the A, for short term financial gain, as well as hopefully long term financial gain. If he becomes the player he can be, he'll get the big contract.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Best case is Duchene goes to Preds and Stone to Jets. Neither can/will likely sign them and they’ll be UFAs we can look at on July 1.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If Panthers get Bob and Panarin this summer, based on Juulsen being 100%, Brook NHL ready next year, AND panthers NOT winning the lotto and the Habs ending up with around the 18th pick.

Panthers -
Petry
Drouin
Lindgren
1st 2019

Habs -
Huberdeau
Borgstrom
Reimer (cap dump)
1st 2019

Reactions: Runner77 and vokiel

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
So now that Sportsnet (Doug Maclean) is looking for hits by saying Montreal is in on a signed Duchene, what is an acceptable cost that won't have fans reaching for a garbage can to puke?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If Panthers get Bob and Panarin this summer, based on Juulsen being 100%, Brook NHL ready next year, AND panthers NOT winning the lotto and the Habs ending up with around the 18th pick.

Panthers -
Petry
Drouin
Lindgren
1st 2019

Habs -
Huberdeau
Borgstrom
Reimer (cap dump)
1st 2019
We don't get any help on LD though, so that 1st rounder better be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad