Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
So now that Sportsnet (Doug Maclean) is looking for hits by saying Montreal is in on a signed Duchene, what is an acceptable cost that won't have fans reaching for a garbage can to puke?
Nothing. I'd rather gamble that he's still there on July 1st and make a pitch then if Bergevin is truly interested. Honestly, I would prefer addressing the issue on LD before worrying about adding to our forwards.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Nothing. I'd rather gamble that he's still there on July 1st and make a pitch then if Bergevin is truly interested. Honestly, I would prefer addressing the issue on LD before worrying about adding to our forwards.
Perhaps. With the possible exception of Gardener, there are no options at LD coming up as UFA. Very few forwards either for that matter.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If Panthers get Bob and Panarin this summer, based on Juulsen being 100%, Brook NHL ready next year, AND panthers NOT winning the lotto and the Habs ending up with around the 18th pick.

Panthers -
Petry
Drouin
Lindgren
1st 2019

Habs -
Huberdeau
Borgstrom
Reimer (cap dump)
1st 2019

Id rather keep our pick and get theirs.

I think
Petry is worth Borgstrom and a first
Drouin is worth around Huberdeau

Were giving Lindgren and a 1st to go from a 1st round from a 2nd on the Petry deal... thats quite a lot imo, just to get a few picks higher.

Id be willing to sacrifice Borgstrom if the 1st is top 10.

I dont know. Its a tough one, maybe if we get a 2nd back? I like the essence of it though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We don't get any help on LD though, so that 1st rounder better be a good one.

it should be.

Id rather keep our pick and get theirs.

I think
Petry is worth Borgstrom and a first
Drouin is worth around Huberdeau

Were giving Lindgren and a 1st to go from a 1st round from a 2nd on the Petry deal... thats quite a lot imo, just to get a few picks higher.

Id be willing to sacrifice Borgstrom if the 1st is top 10.

I dont know. Its a tough one, maybe if we get a 2nd back? I like the essence of it though.

I think Huberdeau is worth a good bit more then Drouin, I know Drouin is skilled and puts up points but he's frustrating and GM's are going to see his inconsistent play. Huberdeau with 69 pts last year, on pace for 76 this year.

For the pick I was thinking it would be around 8-10 spots higher. Panthers don't have a 2nd this year so maybe our 2nd vs their 1st if they would go for it.

I want Borgstrom badly, really think he's going to be a beast, a Borgstrom Kotka Leks line would be a lot of fun to see.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
it should be.

I think Huberdeau is worth a good bit more then Drouin, I know Drouin is skilled and puts up points but he's frustrating and GM's are going to see his inconsistent play. Huberdeau with 69 pts last year, on pace for 76 this year.

For the pick I was thinking it would be around 8-10 spots higher. Panthers don't have a 2nd this year so maybe our 2nd vs their 1st if they would go for it.

I want Borgstrom badly, really think he's going to be a beast, a Borgstrom Kotka Leks line would be a lot of fun to see.
I used to think Huberdeau was going to take the next step and be a star left winger, but I'm just not seeing it anymore. Him and Drouin are very similar players. Both have exciting qualities, but also drawbacks. Take them for what they are I guess.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I used to think Huberdeau was going to take the next step and be a star left winger, but I'm just not seeing it anymore. Him and Drouin are very similar players. Both have exciting qualities, but also drawbacks. Take them for what they are I guess.

You don't think putting up 69 pts last year and a .93 ppg this year makes him a star player?

Reactions: Miller Time

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Drouin in 2 years = Huberdeau

Lateral move at best.

As for Duchene. Not a fan
Suzuki 1st Lekhonen for Duchene...

Drouin Duchene Domi
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Byron Kk Shaw
Hudon/peca/ DLo Thompson Armia

Reactions: le_sean and Deebs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
it should be.

Im taking your word on Borgstrom but that 1st rounder is really bugging me. I kinda agree on Hubby though, but theres still some run off value there... like you say, maybe adding in a 2nd could cover for it.

Teams usually dont want to leave a draft without any top 90 picks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Drouin in 2 years = Huberdeau

Lateral move at best.

As for Duchene. Not a fan
Suzuki 1st Lekhonen for Duchene...

Drouin Duchene Domi
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Byron Kk Shaw
Hudon/peca/ DLo Thompson Armia

it's not lateral if we get the better player now vs 2 years from now. Plus Drouin will likely always have consistency and defensive issues. It costs 400K a year more in cap but you would be getting a guy that is in his prime.

I wouldn't want to give up a 1st, Suzuki and Leks for Duchene.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Connor Brown seems like he would be a buy low, potential boom (slight) player.

Right handed shot and his shot seems to be pretty good, a type of player we need.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He said it on sportsnet before the penguins and devils game

You heard him say it? What does "Habs are in on a signed Duchene", mean? They're one of several teams vying for a sign and trade or they're the team that lands him?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
it's not lateral if we get the better player now vs 2 years from now. Plus Drouin will likely always have consistency and defensive issues. It costs 400K a year more in cap but you would be getting a guy that is in his prime.

I wouldn't want to give up a 1st, Suzuki and Leks for Duchene.

With an extension I think I do it. Duchene is much older, so losing Suzuki and a 1st hurts. But Duchene is really good in the new NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig