Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Tarasenko is a player that isn’t made available for trade very often. We should 100% go after him. I would do a trade where Poehling is the center piece.
So would I.....love the potential of Poehling but it’s almost certain that this is a no go from St Louis’s side if he isn’t involved.

Poehling, an NHL winger, a young D not named Brook and a 1st or two 2nds....

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Gotta be a team that's in the same position as us but opposite.....too many left defenceman.....we need a Petry swap

Jul 6, 2016
Would the Isles willing to trade Nick Leddy ? Not the best defensively but a great puck carrier, passer and skater.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I would give Hudon or Agostino a look on the first line. Shaw also often take bad penalties at bad moments. He's playing well and raising his value. I would be happy with a 1st and a prospect.
It would be a step backwards to put either of those guys on the 1st line. Shaw has been excellent and we're not getting a 1st rounder and a pick, so let that dream die right now.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Package Petry and our 1st, maybe 2nd, for Tkachuk. Oh, Danault too.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Bearing in mind that it would benefit the team to have immediate help on left D, this being the trade thread, who do you recommend we go after?
Price with cap & salary retained for....DUNN, TARASENKO, and Blues number one draft pick in 2020(Lafreniere? ?). Have Lindgren play for $650 000. He won't be any worse than "discounted". Perhaps upgrade the back up?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So would I.....love the potential of Poehling but it’s almost certain that this is a no go from St Louis’s side if he isn’t involved.

Poehling, an NHL winger, a young D not named Brook and a 1st or two 2nds....
Pacioretty fetched a blue chip prospect, I don't think Blues move Tara unless they get one. Poe isn't one.

Blues are still playing with Jake Allen in nets, can you believe that? They might be one of the teams interested in Price. I'd seriously give up Price+ in order to get Tara.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Price with cap & salary retained for....DUNN, TARASENKO, and Blues number one draft pick in 2020(Lafreniere? ?). Have Lindgren play for $650 000. He won't be any worse than "discounted". Perhaps upgrade the back up?

0 reason Blues take on Price and move Vlad.

They want to rebuild if they're going to move on from Tarasenko; and if they are trying to compete now then they add Price but not at the cost of a top-tier NHL player.

The cost for Tarasenko isn't one the Habs can realistically afford to pay; the only way it makes sense to go for him is if we can make room for Panarin too and use their friendship as a tool to get some elite talent upfront.

Alzner + Poehling + Brook + Primeau + 2019 1st + 2020 1st for Tarasenko (1m retained) is probably what it would take to get it done. Sign Panarin at 10x6

Move Shaw to free up the cap space.

Panarin/Danault/Tarasenko (Logic being that those two need someone who can play defensively and let them do their thing)
Drouin/Domi/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Armia
Tatar/Suzuki/Byron

But in the realm of realism, we don't even try to trade for Tarasenko. Offer-sheet Matthews something stupid, and if E.K somehow makes it to free agency give him a blank cheque.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018

They want to rebuild if they're going to move on from Tarasenko; and if they are trying to compete now then they add Price but not at the cost of a top-tier NHL player.

The cost for Tarasenko isn't one the Habs can realistically afford to pay; the only way it makes sense to go for him is if we can make room for Panarin too and use their friendship as a tool to get some elite talent upfront.

Alzner + Poehling + Brook + Primeau + 2019 1st + 2020 1st for Tarasenko (1m retained) is probably what it would take to get it done. Sign Panarin at 10x6

Panarin/Danault/Tarasenko (Logic being that those two need someone who can play defensively and let them do their thing)
Drouin/Domi/Gallagher
Tatar/Suzuki/Byron

But in the realm of realism, we don't even try to trade for Tarasenko. Offer-sheet Matthews something stupid, and if E.K somehow makes it to free agency give him a blank cheque.
Do you work for, or are a fan of the St. Louis Blues? Poehling, Brook, Primeau, AND number one picks??...LOL. They can keep him.

Reactions: Habs Icing

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Pacioretty fetched a blue chip prospect, I don't think Blues move Tara unless they get one. Poe isn't one.

Blues are still playing with Jake Allen in nets, can you believe that? They might be one of the teams interested in Price. I'd seriously give up Price+ in order to get Tara.
I’m all down at moving Price, at 10.5m$, I’m not getting my money’s worth, and I love the player. Plus, I predicted a while back that if Price was dealt, he would be St-Louis bound (or EDM)

If you look at the Karlsson and Skinner deal, not much was given.....at least not when you compare it to the Patch deal. I’m hoping that Tarasenko could be had at a comparable deal.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Drouin/Domi/Gallagher
Tatar/Suzuki/Byron

WHAT!!!!.....your proposal is ludicrous!!!!

You do know Tarasenko’s numbers have been trending down over 4yrs.

40 goals
39 goals
33 goals
On pace for about 25 goals

You don’t give up a top offensive AND defensive prospect plus 2 firsts for this type of player.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I’m all down at moving Price, at 10.5m$, I’m not getting my money’s worth, and I love the player. Plus, I predicted a while back that if Price was dealt, he would be St-Louis bound (or EDM)

If you look at the Karlsson and Skinner deal, not much was given.....at least not when you compare it to the Patch deal. I’m hoping that Tarasenko could be had at a comparable deal.
Karlsson was in a situation where Sens absolutely had to move him though. Blues can keep Tara..it's not like he wants out, and he's got a pretty decent deal with 4 more years at 7.5M.
Skinner, while interesting, he never played at the high point of what Tarasenko has shown.
So I assume it's more likely Blues get a Patches type of return.

Reactions: 417

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Drouin/Domi/Gallagher
Tatar/Suzuki/Byron

lol Alzner + 1st rounder + our best d prospect + a top 14 pick this year + another 1st pick top 15 next year for Tarasenko who has peeked?

Oh my god , this is probably the worst trade offer ive seen on the proposal trades in the last 2 years.

Guy makes like 10-15 points more than Pacioretty and we got a 2nd + tatar who was cap dump but got somewhat lucky and a prospect.

i cant even
oh my god
jesus

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No we don't. We need a big 3 with Weber LD and Petry

Don't matter. Even if we get a solid LD to play with Weber, we still lack pieces to turn us into a contender in the short term. So the faster the Habs management realize this, the better. This pride/rebound year has clouded their judgment on the direction we should take.

Sell at the deadline please. Don't have to sell everything but we should be looking to capitalize on stupid GM's looking for pieces for their cup dream run.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Don't matter. Even if we get a solid LD to play with Weber, we still lack pieces to turn us into a contender in the short term. So the faster the Habs management realize this, the better. This pride/rebound year has clouded their judgment on the direction we should take.

Sell at the deadline please. Don't have to sell everything but we should be looking to capitalize on stupid GM's looking for pieces for their cup dream run.
Yes,for sure pick a direction and rebuild hopefully with a new GM,teams would give a king's ransom for a healthy Weber and many other players have value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad