Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Who would do Suzuki or Brook for Poolparty?
I wouldn't trade a top prospect for him. The best I would do is Hudon for him. Hudon has 38pts in 102 games. Puljujarvi has 35pts in 125 games. Oilers would never do this though. Both players need a change of scenery. Unfortunately I don't think too many teams would be willing to give much for Hudon because he is waiver blocked. Puljujarvi is another disappointing season away from fetching a Yakupov type return.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MB will stay the course, and use his cap money next year in ufa,
If.....some big fish don't sign with their clubs before that,

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'd love to bring in Puljujarvi to play with Kotkaniemi but not at the expense of a top prospect or first round pick. I'm not sure what the Oilers would want for him, they'd probably be asking a lot still.

Another down year though and things could change.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Who would do Suzuki or Brook for Poolparty?
I'm a big believer in Puljujarvi's hidden potential but trading either of them whould really break my heart. I'd rather offer Juulsen, which is still a lot, but you have to give something to get something. I believe Brook and Fleury can more than make up for losing Juulsen on the right side.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
He should consider trading Shaw, Tatar, Byron ... all under 6ft. They'll need bigger depth players to complement the smallish core group of forwards that includes Domi, Drouin, Gallagher, and eventually Suzuki. Price said it the other day - the forwards are getting boxed out around the opponent's net. It won't get easier in the playoffs. The supporting cast needs an overhaul.

Acquire picks, draft well :sarcasm:, let Kotka, Brook, Juulsen, Suzuki and Poehling develop, then in 2 years add the depth players who complement the top line/pairing guys using assets and cap space accumulated with trades.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If tarasenko is really on the market, ehat could be the price? Hés not a rental, only 27 years old, big winger who is able to score. so could a be a very interessting target for montreal.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Slavin for Mete and Tatar?
I'm 100% sure that isn't even close. We'd have to add Domi or Drouin.

If tarasenko is really on the market, ehat could be the price? Hés not a rental, only 27 years old, big winger who is able to score. so could a be a very interessting target for montreal.
I'd assume a 1st + young top 6 player/young top 4 D + top prospect.

I think it would end up being a 1st + Gallagher + Brook.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Never. Poolparty will become waiver material very soon. He lacks hockey sense and he does not use his size to create space.
I watched a game from edmonton oilers and seriously, poolparty remind me benoit pouliot. Big frame but dont use it. And soft on the puck. I understand why he is on market

Reactions: David Suzuki

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I don’t believe we will make the playoffs this year. We should consider trading some of our forwards who are able to play in a top 9 role. And we should look at trading Price/Weber and the draft for higher 1st round picks and good prospects.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I dont know what could be the price for nicklas kronwall, but he is on his last year contract. I saw him plays yesterday and he has speed and is physical. Maybe a second or third pick?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I dont know what could be the price for nicklas kronwall, but he is on his last year contract. I saw him plays yesterday and he has speed and is physical. Maybe a second or third pick?
short term fix

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
To montreal : nicklas kronwall and andreas athanasiou. To detroit : 2nd round pick, and 3rd pick, charles hudon and luke vejdemo. Montreal need size in offensive zone. Kronwall is ufa and could play with weber on the first pairing.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Is Scandella better than any left D we have right now or just another declining LD?

Would he be cheap option and what would he cost to Habs?

Decent contract for one more year, which gives us time for some young guys to progress.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Is Scandella better than any left D we have right now or just another declining LD?

Would he be cheap option and what would he cost to Habs?

Decent contract for one more year, which gives us time for some young guys to progress.

He's been dealing with a lot of injuries and doesn't seem to be as good as he once was. Plus I doubt Buffalo would do any trades with the Habs right now given they will be battling for a Wildcard spot with them.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Nik Kronwall is done.

He's also a pure rental. The real prize is Athanasiou, who has always shown flashes of upside, but is starting to put it together now.

Not that it matters, since it's an awful deal for Detroit.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's also a pure rental. The real prize is Athanasiou, who has always shown flashes of upside, but is starting to put it together now.

Not that it matters, since it's an awful deal for Detroit.
Not ready to pay a 2nd a 3rd and Vejdemo for a 15 goals scorer, its more of what we have, gotta upgrade on the depth winger we got, not add more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad