Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Mete cant shoot, so you would rather have a 35 year old who scored 2 goals in his last 127 games?
Yes. Keith would fit in very nicely with the direction this team is going. He still has speed. Before coming here, Domi was shit in Arizona for two years. Tatar was a healthy scratch. A change of scenery wouldn't be bad for Keith.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Please no Duncan Keith. 2 goals in 82 games last year. 35 years old, signed until age 40, can't shoot for beans, yet another diminutive player and he has an NMC to boot, which is going to do wonders for us at the expansion draft. Ugh, no.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Yes. Keith would fit in very nicely with the direction this team is going. He still has speed. Before coming here, Domi was **** in Arizona for two years. Tatar was a healthy scratch. A change of scenery wouldn't be bad for Keith.

The problem isnt whether Keith is still good or bad, its that trading a 20 year with top 4 potential for a 35 year old is a terrible move...

Reactions: mariolemieux66

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Please no Duncan Keith. 2 goals in 82 games last year. 35 years old, signed until age 40, can't shoot for beans, yet another diminutive player and he has an NMC to boot, which is going to do wonders for us at the expansion draft. Ugh, no.
As soon as he waives, the NMC is no more. I'd rather Muzzin myself, but in the end, the team has to address the left D. They will have to give to get.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As soon as he waives, the NMC is no more. I'd rather Muzzin myself, but in the end, the team has to address the left D. They will have to give to get.

Not even. If Chicago buys him out and we sign him on a one year deal, then it's another story. Otherwise, they can keep him.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Not even. If Chicago buys him out and we sign him on a one year deal, then it's another story. Otherwise, they can keep him.
Bearing in mind that it would benefit the team to have immediate help on left D, this being the trade thread, who do you recommend we go after?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Good question. Any team will do, though. Best return on Shaw. Of course, trade them for value, esp. Petry -- he's raised his stock.
Dont forget that Shaw has 9 goals, 11 assists for 20 points in 29 games while playing 3rd line minutes. If the rumor is true that Winnipeg was willing to give a 1st for him at last year's trade deadline, is value is definitely the same today, if not higher.

Reactions: jaffy27

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Dont forget that Shaw has 9 goals, 11 assists for 20 points in 29 games while playing 3rd line minutes. If the rumor that Winnipeg was willing to give a 1st for him at last year's trade deadline, is value is definitely the same today, if not higher.
I am not so sure about trading Shaw anymore. He really is making Drouin and Domi so much better, and having a player making our young players so much better is worth a lot imo. Of course it depends what the return is, but I dont mind keeping him.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I am not so sure about trading Shaw anymore. He really is making Drouin and Domi so much better, and having a player making our young players so much better is worth a lot imo. Of course it depends what the return is, but I dont mind keeping him.
Good point.
We will need to trade a winger at some point or risking losing more players to waivers. And the problem with Shaw it's his history of concussions, which I want to pass to someone else.

Reactions: bsl

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I get that but it's also a business. Even on the downside, Duncan Keith gets us to the playoffs. That's two or more playoff games. 4-6M is not bad.

Who the f*** cares about habs financials? You think Habs are gonna collapse financially or something without 2 additional PO games? LMAO. Was your post a joke? It sounds like you are posting on the Panthers board.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Good point.
We will need to trade a winger at some point or risking losing more players to waivers. And the problem with Shaw it's his history of concussions, which I want to pass to someone else.
I absolutely understand what you are saying. I wanted Shaw gone as much as anyone before he got moved to the first line. However, I really think he is a more valuable piece to us if he can help convert drouin and Domi from 60 point players to 70+ point players. Hes no longer just getting easy points because of those 2, hes a key part of that line.

Of course we shouldn't close the door on trading him, but we shouldn't be looking to actively trade him either imo.

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Who the **** cares about habs financials? You think Habs are gonna collapse financially or something without 2 additional PO games? LMAO. Was your post a joke? It sounds like you are posting on the Panthers board.
The Habs brass care about the financials and this is a trade thread correct? Keith's name has come up. Providing some type of trade around that is why this thread exists. Regardless, one can choose to ignore instead of being a self righteous prick.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I absolutely understand what you are saying. I wanted Shaw gone as much as anyone before he got moved to the first line. However, I really think he is a more valuable piece to us if he can help convert drouin and Domi from 60 point players to 70+ point players. Hes mo longer just getting easy points because of those 2, hes a key part of that line.

Of course we shouldn't close the door on trading him, but we shouldn't be looking yo actively trade him either imo.
I would give Hudon or Agostino a look on the first line. Shaw also often take bad penalties at bad moments. He's playing well and raising his value. I would be happy with a 1st and a prospect.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would give Hudon or Agostino a look on the first line. Shaw also often take bad penalties at bad moments. He's playing well and raising his value. I would be happy with a 1st and a prospect.

Hudon as his chance and it's didn't go well ! Shaw product really really well and don't forget something with Shaw, he is a VERY popular guy in the Habs lockeroom !

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hudon has been disappointing on that first line and Agostino sucks outside of being stellar on the 4th line. If we sign a Mark Stone then sure you should trade Shaw 100%.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bearing in mind that it would benefit the team to have immediate help on left D, this being the trade thread, who do you recommend we go after?

I would definitely target teams that have a lot of LHD depth. I don't have a name, but know what I don't think we should go after and that would be a 35 year old on a long-term deal and with an NMC. There have to be better profiles than that, that won't cost us massively.

Also, bear in mind that LHDs are not in short supply like RHDs or Centers. There should be more opportunities, esp. if we make a RHD like Petry available.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I just want a similar return to what we paid for Shaw. Get our money back, so to speak. Two high seconds in either of the next two drafts, would be a great move.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Hudon as his chance and it's didn't go well ! Shaw product really really well and don't forget something with Shaw, he is a VERY popular guy in the Habs lockeroom !
Lots of guys are popular in the dressing room. The way I see it is that we have too many wingers and one as to go and I think it as to be Tatar, Byron or Shaw. Also should bring a 1st back. Petry is another player that needs to be traded for another 1st as the next 2 drafts has future stars writing all over.

Reactions: Runner77

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I would definitely target teams that have a lot of LHD depth. I don't have a name, but know what I don't think we should go after and that would be a 35 year old on a long-term deal and with an NMC. There have to be better profiles than that, that won't cost us massively.

Also, bear in mind that LHDs are not in short supply like RHDs or Centers. There should be more opportunities, esp. if we make a RHD like Petry available.
A younger D that can slot in beside Weber would come with a higher price tag too.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Lots of guys are popular in the dressing room. The way I see it is that we have too many wingers and one as to go and I think it as to be Tatar, Byron or Shaw. Also should bring a 1st back. Petry is another player that needs to be traded for another 1st as the next 2 drafts has future stars writing all over.
Petry might land you a first, but it won't be a top twenty pick.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Petry might land you a first, but it won't be a top twenty pick.

Trading for a draft pick, especially one past #20, is rolling the dice on whether the player will be another Mike McCarron or Scherbak, or what you need.

It makes WAY more sense to use your good trading chips to get what you need DIRECTLY. Move Petry for a LHD of similar calibre for example, or keep Petry and move two NHL calibre 20 goal scoring wingers for a good LHD, especially if you feel Poehling and Suzuki will be the real thing. You could also look at moving Juulsen for a similar young LHD, since we have both Brook and Fleury in the system, and if we are keeping Petry and Weber both.

Also, while this is the trade thread, it should be remembered that we have over $10M in cap space and we can use that space in one way or another to get good players.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad