Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
If Bergy wants to get help right now, i hope he will pay for guys like Parayko or Edmunson who are 25 even if its a steeper price and not for a Muzzin who’s about to turn 30.. You want to be a contender 2-3 years from now when KK will be ready to file the no1 center role.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If Bergy wants to get help right now, i hope he will pay for guys like Parayko or Edmunson who are 25 even if its a steeper price and not for a Muzzin who’s about to turn 30.. You want to be a contender 2-3 years from now when KK will be ready to file the no1 center role.

We have Weber Petry Juulsen don't see the fit for Pareyko

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
The best possible trade could be : Dunn + Tarasenko, but a trade like that would cost way too much
Could they be talked into a great shut down defenceman, like Karl Alzner?...wink..wink...LOL. With Montreal retaining, of course. Perhaps add Mete, a few draft picks, and a pair of young prospects NOT named Poehling, Brook, Suzuki, Fleury, or Romanov? How about adding McNiven, or Lindgren? I would not normally mention either of them, since that discounted, washed up, BUM in net, needs to be replaced as soon as possible, as well as his backup, but we would still have Primeau, and whichever one of the two is left.

Reactions: ForrestHabsGump

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Could they be talked into a great shut down defenceman, like Karl Alzner?...wink..wink...LOL. With Montreal retaining, of course. Perhaps add Mete, a few draft picks, and a pair of young prospects NOT named Poehling, Brook, Suzuki, Fleury, or Romanov? How about adding McNiven, or Lindgren? I would not normally mention either of them, since that discounted, washed up, BUM in net, needs to be replaced as soon as possible, as well as his backup, but we would still have Primeau, and whichever one of the two is left.

You will NEVER have Tarasenko without giving Poehling/Suzuki/Brook

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
poehling in occurence
Our GM is not that dumb, is he??...hint..hint...lol. For Poehling, it better be a YOUNG, TALL, ROBUST, FAST, and SKILLED LD, like Fowler, Theodore, Dunn, and there are others. Not Keith who is a washed up, aging, BUM, who will no longer do anything useful, especially not in a city like Montreal.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I would do Mete and a second for Keith. I like Mete, but I've cooled on his ceiling. He can't shoot for shit.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I think Bergevin is looking for players who are close to hitting or are currently in their prime (23-26 ages). I doubt he'd make a move to acquire a 30-year old unless the price is low. And we have no reason to think Muzzin will come cheap.

He may have traded youth like Sergachev and Galchenyuk, but he ensured to get young players about to break out in those moves. Same goes with acquiring Armia. He even got younger by getting Tatar in the Pacioretty trade. I think the order of the day is to get young players, but not just prospects and picks, but young players at ages that could help them in the now as well as the near future.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I would do Mete and a second for Keith. I like Mete, but I've cooled on his ceiling. He can't shoot for ****.
Keith neither lol, dont see the point to trade a young promising PMD for a declining and soon to retire Duncan Keith, especially considering we are a young growing team, we shouldnt target players older than 26-27 yrs old...

Reactions: Runner77

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Tarasenko is a player that isn’t made available for trade very often. We should 100% go after him. I would do a trade where Poehling is the center piece.
NO ! NO! NOOOOOO! Bergevin, and Julien don't even like Russian players...lol. Now if you can get him for much less, draft picks, or Alzner, Mete, Sclemko, Benn, then do it. Hell, St. Louis can have them all, and Les Canadiens will retain some cap hit, and salary.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Keith either lol, dont see the point to trade a young promising PMD for a declining and soon to retire Duncan Keith, especially considering we are a young growing team, we shouldnt target players older than 26-27 yrs old...
I get that but it's also a business. Even on the downside, Duncan Keith gets us to the playoffs. That's two or more playoff games. 4-6M is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad