Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I was thinking $8M for Duchene as well. Hard to imagine he signs for less than $8 IMO.

It looks like Ottawa will overpay to resign Duchene, as they did with Ryan, and he won't hit the open market. They don't want to be perceived as giving up the farm for him and then letting him walk.

It's what we should have done with Radulov if we had wanted to avoid the total collapse we saw last year.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Wayne Simmonds would be a nice UFA target, could see him slotting nicely with those two.

Oh man would he ever. I'd target him and panarin.

Drouin - Domi - Simmonds
Suzuki - Kotkaniemi - Panarin
Lehkonen - Poehling - Gallagher
Hudon - Danault - Shaw

Romanov - Weber
Mete - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen

Price
Primeau

What a future

Though I see Petry and Shaw getting dealt to make room for signings and also bring in assets to acquire a true LD

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oh man would he ever. I'd target him and panarin.

Drouin - Domi - Simmonds
Suzuki - Kotkaniemi - Panarin
Lehkonen - Poehling - Gallagher
Hudon - Danault - Shaw

Romanov - Weber
Mete - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen

Price
Primeau

What a future

Though I see Petry and Shaw getting dealt to make room for signings and also bring in assets to acquire a true LD
Panarin is a LW.

We dont need Simmonds, hes going to slow down as soon as hes out of philly and their destructive PP.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don’t understand why people are so willing to trade Petry. I’d rather trade Byron for a 1st+ and keep Petry. He had some hard games last year, but since he came here he has been mostly solid, and he leads mostly by example.

If we could get a solid LD to play with Weber, and keep Petry, we would be looking at one of the best backends in the NHL, and could quite possibly give Price the support he needs to rebound.
Because we need to make room for the slew of RDs that are coming Juulsen, Fleury, Brook could all be ready next year. Why wait for Petry to lose value before trading him?

Do you disagree that he will lose value? He already only has one point in 9 games. Weber is taking away his offensive opportinities and Petry isnt the best defensively, so where is his value if he doesnt produce ?

Reactions: bsl and dralaf

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Because we need to make room for the slew of RDs that are coming Juulsen, Fleury, Brook could all be ready next year. Why wait for Petry to lose value before trading him?

Do you disagree that he will lose value? He already only has one point in 9 games. Weber is taking away his offensive opportinities and Petry isnt the best defensively, so where is his value if he doesnt produce ?

Petry is going to be 31 and has played over 500 games in the NHL, GMs know what they are going to get with him. The only place his value is going to drop off because Weber is back is in fantasy hockey leagues.

Reactions: OB5

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Petry is going to be 31 and has played over 500 games in the NHL, GMs know what they are going to get with him. The only place his value is going to drop off because Weber is back is in fantasy hockey leagues.
Wouldnt it be nice if that was true? Yet, Alzner, Lucic, and so on. We see reputation and what have you done for me lately every year in the NHL.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
I think the judiscious trade of Petry and Tatar should be able to fill the hole in D and add more the youth movement we have going on for one more year. Starting 2019-2010 we need to develop and start building back up to a contender status and those two guys don’t fit into that longer term goal.

We need to trade them while they’re at peak value and maximize the young returns we can get for them. We are not a contender. We need to act as such.
Agreed to when it comes to #31. It should have happened 5 years ago already. Tatar has been excellent. He should stay, since you need at least 2, or 3 veterans.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Now he is a guy that a team would deal Mete PLUS for. Even include Petry, or Price.

Vilardi seems to have a skating concern pegged on him. Add his back issues and his value is not the greatest. Kings won't trade him for cheap either cause if we had him, would we?

- Mete+: Yes I would do it
- Mete+ and Petry: No, too much
- Price: No, way too much. I value Price and I'm not ignoring the bad D we put in front of him.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Nah. I like Heiskanen a lot and he fits our needs but adding Lehkonen and a 2nd and taking Spezza who has a NMC/MNTC (10 teams) is not the type of deal we should do. It ends up being Petry, Lehkonen, and a 2nd for Heiskanen.

I doubt the Stars would do it either. Spezza had us on his no trade list before too.

You take Lehkonen out of our line-up and our speed takes a hit. I think we should keep Lehkonen. He can play both wings in the middle 6 and he is a valuable piece.
Good point. Remove Lehkonen, and do Petry, and a 2nd round draft pick in 2020, for Heiskanen.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Good point. Remove Lehkonen, and do Petry, and a 2nd round draft pick in 2020, for Heiskanen.

I think the Stars need Heiskanen so I don't think they trade him. Usually, teams trade from position of strength and the Starts don't have a good group of prospects on D. But lets say they are interested in trading him... Petry and a 2nd might do it but it depends on what others offer as well.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Vilardi seems to have a skating concern pegged on him. Add his back issues and his value is not the greatest. Kings won't trade him for cheap either cause if we had him, would we?

- Mete+: Yes I would do it
- Mete+ and Petry: No, too much
- Price: No, way too much. I value Price and I'm not ignoring the bad D we put in front of him.
THUMBS DOWN on point two, and definitely three. It's not too much for tall, strong, robust, and skilled. #31 = BUM!!

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
I think the Stars need Heiskanen so I don't think they trade him. Usually, teams trade from position of strength and the Starts don't have a good group of prospects on D. But lets say they are interested in trading him... Petry and a 2nd might do it but it depends on what others offer as well.
Indeed. Perhaps Les Canadiens will need to add to Petry, and a 2nd round pick. More picks?? Or, Petry, Mete?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It looks like Ottawa will overpay to resign Duchene, as they did with Ryan, and he won't hit the open market. They don't want to be perceived as giving up the farm for him and then letting him walk.

It's what we should have done with Radulov if we had wanted to avoid the total collapse we saw last year.

Depends on what Duchene wants. Sens can't force a deal and they are not known to overpay too often. Karlsson would be like, you don't want to pay me $12M but you want to pay Duchene $9M? WTF! lol.

Duchene will get $8M from several teams IMO. Sens would either hope he likes Ottawa a lot or they would have to pay above $8M.

I honestly don't know if he stays or leaves. I think he test the UFA market as he has earned this right

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Wayne Simmonds would be a nice UFA target, could see him slotting nicely with those two.
No OLD(on the wrong side of 30), expensive guys. He can stay where he is, or go elsewhere. Not to Les Canadiens. Now then, Gabriel Vilardi between those two 5'6" squirts, even if he is a bit slower.....YEEES!!

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
Let's trade Petry to help fill the hole that Petry is filling

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kimota

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
THUMBS DOWN on point two, and definitely three. It's not too much for tall, strong, robust, and skilled. #31 = BUM!!

I have a certain level of dissapointment with Price and the monster contract he got from us. But I still think he is one of the best in the world. Definitely top 10 and arguably top 5. Once you get past the fact he is overpaid by about $2M (according to future goalie prices, not past), it's not that bad. To put things in perspective, the Leafs are still paying $1.2M of Kessel's salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad