Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Because we need to make room for the slew of RDs that are coming Juulsen, Fleury, Brook could all be ready next year. Why wait for Petry to lose value before trading him?

Do you disagree that he will lose value? He already only has one point in 9 games. Weber is taking away his offensive opportinities and Petry isnt the best defensively, so where is his value if he doesnt produce ?

Makes sense. If it gets us something really good, especially a young #1 left D, then it would be worth it.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
If Matthews and Marner get to July 1st they will get a lot more,they will both get offer sheets.
The LAFFS better sign them soon, because, if I am a GM from another team, then I attempt to dismantle them right to the ground, with a massive offer sheet on July 1st, which they could not possibly match...LOL. It would be FUN!!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That is an excellent plan. Thumbs up!

Sarcasm ?

The Habs will have to make room for the younger players to play sooner or later, why not sooner, while Petry is worth more, while the Habs are losing, while the Habs are rebuilding and while the pick were going to get back from Petry is going to be the same age as the competition window ?

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Sarcasm ?

The Habs will have to make room for the younger players to play sooner or later, why not sooner, while Petry is worth more, while the Habs are losing, while the Habs are rebuilding and while the pick were going to get back from Petry is going to be the same age as the competition window ?
Absolutely not. Petry is part of the 5 MAJOR "P" problems of the past 5 to 10 years, that the team has experienced. They have gotten rid of P.K., Pacioretty, and Plekanec, and it's time to do the same with Petry, and Price. All good riddance, and the sooner the other two bums go, the better.

Last edited:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I doubt we get a good #1 LD. We'd need to give a lot to get that, but we might be able to draft one, with the 1st round pick Petry will get us.

I don’t see the point it trading Petry for only a 1st. I also doubt that Bergie will sacrifice this year for the hope of winning in 3-4 years. If Petey is traded it is for help on the D this year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don’t see the point it trading Petry for only a 1st. I also doubt that Bergie will sacrifice this year for the hope of winning in 3-4 years. If Petey is traded it is for help on the D this year.
It's not going to happen. At best, we get a Pacioretty type of deal.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

It depends on how good the younger D would be? If Petry is traded to a contender for a blue chip D prospect, I don't think that the GM will have trouble selling that to a relatively young team looking to truly compete in a few years. Petry for Sandin, from Toronto, and a pick (ideally 1st, but likely 2nd) wouldn't be a bad trade, IMO.

Reactions: bsl

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
As Scriptor said, really depends who you're targeting as a partner. Avs, althought not rushed, could be a very good partner to trade with come deadline. They have a solid team, their biggest area of need is on Defense. I'm sure they'd be interested in Petry.
As Scriptor said Toronto would probably be the most desperate, they have Matthews, Marner and Kapanen that need new contracts next year..I'm sure they want to go all in this spring and they need Ds.

Reactions: bsl and Bacchus1

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Grade a prospect, top 6 forward and a 2nd? Sign me up.
I second the motion. Do that immediately. This time make it a grade A defensive prospect, Who do the Kings have that is a grade A defensive prospect? That prospect, Vilardi(top 6 forward...potentially), and a 2nd round draft pick, for Petry. Do it now ! !

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I second the motion. Do that immediately. This time make it a grade A defensive prospect, Who do the Kings have that is a grade A defensive prospect? That prospect, Vilardi(top 6 forward...potentially), and a 2nd round draft pick, for Petry. Do it now ! !

Kings are starting a rebuild, they wont have any interest in a deal like that.

Maybe another deal with Vegas if they are in the playoff picture near the TDL: Petry vs Nicolas Hague+2nd round pick or something like that

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Maybe another deal with Vegas if they are in the playoff picture near the TDL: Petry vs Nicolas Hague+2nd round pick or something like that
Yup Vegas makes sense to me. Also if the yotes want to make a push, they make sense too.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
As Scriptor said, really depends who you're targeting as a partner. Avs, althought not rushed, could be a very good partner to trade with come deadline. They have a solid team, their biggest area of need is on Defense. I'm sure they'd be interested in Petry.
As Scriptor said Toronto would probably be the most desperate, they have Matthews, Marner and Kapanen that need new contracts next year..I'm sure they want to go all in this spring and they need Ds.

Petry for kapanen?

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018

Even better. They have Shea Theodore.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Petry for 2nd and Hague is a dream come true.

Hague is just too good.

I'd most likely do Hague for Petry straight up, but thats mostly because I have a crush on Nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad