Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
gSW7dWG.gif

@Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Next few weeks is the prime time to be aggressive in trying to move some of these assets.

Quite a few teams badly underperforming & with GM's likely believing they can still salvage their season.

Benn, Schlemko, Peca, Ouellette... Turning these guys into picks is what MB needs to be focused on.

Alzner in a deal for a similarly underperforming high cap hit vet on a shorter term would be great, especially if we can get a sweetner for taking on a higher cap hit.

Lastly, Drouin... At least kicking some tires to see if someone would be willing to value him at a lottery 1st level, as we mistakenly did, is a must.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sell high on a 23 year old player signed long term for $5.5m that will probably hit 70 points just to hopefully find an 18 year old that can potentially become a 23 year old player that hits 70 points.

It’s dumb.
Maybe they get two? Maybe they find a 90 points player? Maybe we get that dere LD? Kicking tires on every player in the organisation but Kotkaniemi is the way to go.

Reactions: groovejuice

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe they get two? Maybe they find a 90 points player? Maybe we get that dere LD? Kicking tires on every player in the organisation but Kotkaniemi is the way to go.

Well then trade everyone for draft picks if that’s the case. Maybe they can trade Kotkaniemi for a 1st and find a player that can get 13 points in his first 23 games instead of 12.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Its selling high on a player. He could get a great return.

Trading Drouin right now is not selling high. It's selling low.

It would be basically trading a ~50 pt player on a hot start with high potential. The sample size is too small.
Trading high would be if we were to trade him at the end of the season after he scored 70 pts.

Either way, it would be idiotic for a team lacking in talent to trade their most talented player.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
We need a d but to say we are perfect upfront ...

Shaw isnt a top 6 player
He's producing like one right now so until he isn't, he's probably staying up there. Good versatility to be able to play everywhere in the lineup

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
We could have what ? A 5th round pick ? At this price I prefer keeping him

Well the reports said the price could be high .. so I'll guess it will be more than a 5th.

They are also sayinh that the Habs like him and they have no interest in trading him. So that rule out the 5th round. I'll say we could get a draft pick ( something like a second and a third) and decent second pairing defenseman for him. or a middle six forward.

Edit: I guess what I meant is that we will trade him if we can get that kind of return... not.. that we will absolutely get that kind of return. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Well the reports said the price could be high .. so I'll guess it will be more than a 5th.

They are also sayinh that the Habs like him and they have no interest in trading him. So that rule out the 5th round. I'll say we could get a draft pick ( something like a second and a third) and decend second pairing defenseman for him. or a middle six forward.

Are you kidding?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

They are also sayinh that the Habs like him and they have no interest in trading him. So that rule out the 5th round. I'll say we could get a draft pick ( something like a second and a third) and decend second pairing defenseman for him. or a middle six forward.

You're joking right

He won't get us anything remotely close to that.

Reactions: Vachon23

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
That's the point ! They will keep him because they don't gonna have a big offer for an AHLer

I get you. I don't think they'll trade him if the price is a fifth. Will see if this rumor means anything or not. I doubt he will be traded since the asking price is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad