Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Petry for 2nd and Hague is a dream come true.

Hague is just too good.

I'd most likely do Hague for Petry straight up, but thats mostly because I have a crush on Nic.

Me too, they already have Brannstrom-Theodore-Schmidt as young top4 dman and Mcphee is not scared to trade young top prospect for a playoff run so who knows

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Petry for 2nd and Hague is a dream come true.

Hague is just too good.

I'd most likely do Hague for Petry straight up, but thats mostly because I have a crush on Nic.

Hague's a legitimate prospect for sure and has been pretty good at the AHL level already, but I see flashes of Cody Franson in his game and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. If we're trading Petry this year for only one prospect with no picks added (highly unrealistic), I hope it'll be a better one than Hague, someone like Brannstrom (pipedream, I know).

Last edited:

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Hague's a legitimate prospect for sure and has been pretty good at the AHL level already, but I see flashes of Cody Franson in his game and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. If we're trading Petry this year for only one prospect with no picks added (highly unrealistic), I hope it'll be a better one than Hague, someone like Brannstrom.

Brannstrom would be great, other then him, i dont see many prospect that could be realistically available for Petry that i have over Hague. I see Liljgren and Alexeiv in the same tier as Hague and i think Toronto and Wash could use Petry. Adam Fox would be great but Carolina have no need for Petry, but maybe they could be interested in Tatar.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No, Leafs aren't going to rid themselves of any good roster player. We would have to look at young prospects and picks.

If we eat some Leaf salary I think they’d go for a deal centred around Petry for Sandin plus a 1st. They are in win right now mode and D is at the top of the list. Given Petry’s Performance while Weber was out, I think he’s be really attract option for them.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
If we eat some Leaf salary I think they’d go for a deal centred around Petry for Sandin plus a 1st. They are in win right now mode and D is at the top of the list. Given Petry’s Performance while Weber was out, I think he’s be really attract option for them.
You want to improve the LAFFS team?? Why?? That team needs to be DESTROYED, not improved. Get with the program.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It has nothing to do with my statement, other than they are the LAFFS. And, it's easy to laugh at them, even now. They likely will NOT win the Stanley Cup this year, and then, next year, they will have to start to dismantle their team if they want to keep 4 players...LOL. If that is not funny, I don't know what is.
All very good teams have cap issues as they contend. They resolve them. If Habs contend, they will have Cap issues too. You think they'll contend with 10 mill left on the Cap?

And who cares about the leafs. They have not hurt habs since 67. In fact, I want them to win the cup. As Habs will then be the original 6 team longest without a cup and this is so embarrassing it might finally force some much needed change here. Hating the Leafs is childish. I hate the Pens 10 times as much, the tanking kings.

Last edited:

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
All very good teams have cap issues as they contend. They resolve them. If Habs contend, they will have Cap issues too. You think they'll contend with 10 mill left on the Cap?

And who cares about the leafs. They have not hurt habs since 67. In fact, I want them to win the cup. As Habs will then be the original 6 team longest without a cup and this is so embarrassing it might finally force some much needed change here. Hating the Leafs is childish. I hate the Pens 10 times as much, the tanking kings.
I actually don't care about any of the other teams. Especially the YANK teams. Hate is a strong word. However, if most of the teams were to drop off the face of the Earth, I certainly would not mind.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
But, Les Canadiens should NOT in any way be assisting them to improve. NONE! Now, on the other hand, if they want Alzner, they can have him...lol.

“Les Canadiens” are in no position to start getting picky. The Leafs potentially winning a cup has nothing to do with us improving as a club. Whoever the highest bidder is, you make the trade. Like another poster said, there isn’t a strong hatred with Toronto. The Bruins are the only team where I could see there being that kind of issue, but even then we’d get a third party involved like we have in the past. Obviously you wouldn’t want to send a player who could hurt your team for years within your division, but guys like Petry aren’t them.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You want to improve the LAFFS team?? Why?? That team needs to be DESTROYED, not improved. Get with the program.

I could care less about the Leafs. Only about seeing Habs get better.

Were you upset about trading them Plex?

Also, you asking if Heiskanen can move to the right side tells me you’re not terrible sophisticated when it comes to hockey matters. Can McDavid play the wing??

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hague's a legitimate prospect for sure and has been pretty good at the AHL level already, but I see flashes of Cody Franson in his game and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. If we're trading Petry this year for only one prospect with no picks added (highly unrealistic), I hope it'll be a better one than Hague, someone like Brannstrom (pipedream, I know).
I think both are similar, tbh. Obviously Brannstrom has more offense to his kit and would be perfect for Weber or Juulsen... but hes also tiny and similar to Mete, though better.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Trade Alzner + 3rd for Gagner
Send Kotka to Finland for the month & WJC
Play Gagner in an ozone/pp heavy role for a few weeks
Trade Gagner for a 2nd(+?) ahead of the deadline

Upgrading assets, that should be the only focus for the next 2 months

:)

Reactions: Bacchus1

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Trade Alzner + 3rd for Gagner
Send Kotka to Finland for the month & WJC
Play Gagner in an ozone/pp heavy role for a few weeks
Trade Gagner for a 2nd(+?) ahead of the deadline

Upgrading assets, that should be the only focus for the next 2 months

:)

Yes the Vancouver Canucks who have Edler - Hutton - Pouliot/MDZ on the left side would be thrilled to acquire Karl Alzner and his contract especially considering they need to re-sign all 4 of those guys (or whomever they want to keep) and then go on to sign Boeser and Goldobin to extensions. (among other extensions)

The Nucks have literally no use for Alzner and would probably much rather have Gagner. A 3rd doesn't convince the Nucks to do this deal. The extra couple years, the higher cap hit... Gagner can at least play in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad