Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
but it is when it's 5'11 195? That's Plekanec's size and he has been called small for years

ps: it's also Crosby's size and nobody is saying that he's small... the grass is always greener on the other side. (Don't say Duchene and Crosby play big and Plekanec plays small, execpt for this year he has always been one of the biggest pest in the league)

I'm not saying both are small but you got to chose either it is or not you can't say one is and the other isn't

and to be sure not compairing talent only size and perception of the fans

Plekanec plays smaller than his size. That's why his size is an issue.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
but it is when it's 5'11 195? That's Plekanec's size and he has been called small for years

ps: it's also Crosby's size and nobody is saying that he's small... the grass is always greener on the other side. (Don't say Duchene and Crosby play big and Plekanec plays small, execpt for this year he has always been one of the biggest pest in the league)

I'm not saying both are small but you got to chose either it is or not you can't say one is and the other isn't

and to be sure not compairing talent only size and perception of the fans

I'm 5'10 and a half. When I was standing next to Plekanec's last year when I met him, I was taller then him wearing flats and he had heels. Take hockey heights and weights with a grain of salt.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Yep. Sometimes these "soft" guys play a soft game out of necessity. You spend every day going into the corners with guys that have 30 pounds on you. You shy away or you get hurt.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
If indeed the cost for Duchene is Sergachev+, I'd pass. I can't imagine how the Habs LD would be w/o Serge. I rather go for RNH. He might not be as good as Duchene right now but definitely has some untapped potential. Playing third fiddle in Edmonton hurts his stats for sure so perhaps a change of scenery would be what the doctor ordered. Plus, he's a cerebral player that likes to dish off the puck; one can hope he'd gel with the captain. One thing's for sure, the cost would be cheaper than Duchene.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015

this year and last year yes I agree, but not his hole career and he's been called small for years

he was one of the most hard to play agaisnt player in the east, Crosby himself said he hated playing agaisnt Plekanec... those were the good old days...

but even then fans said he was too small

and if you say that Plekanec 5'11 is boosted why should we think that Crosby 5'11 or Duchene 5'11 aren't?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it ****ing kills me to think that if we had tanked a little bit more, we would've legitimately had a shot at Matthews or laine...imagine one of those with 27 for next 10 years
:cry:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If indeed the cost for Duchene is Sergachev+, I'd pass. I can't imagine how the Habs LD would be w/o Serge. I rather go for RNH. He might not be as good as Duchene right now but definitely has some untapped potential. Playing third fiddle in Edmonton hurts his stats for sure so perhaps a change of scenery would be what the doctor ordered. Plus, he's a cerebral player that likes to dish off the puck; one can hope he'd gel with the captain. One thing's for sure, the cost would be cheaper than Duchene.

I wouldn't, if you have a chance to get Duschene or Landeskog you make a credible offer to get one of them because it's what we lack. The Avs are in trouble but they are not giving away either of those players for some of the out of whack trade proposals in this thread. You have to go big or go home when it comes to landing big names and it is a question of whether MB will try and do it or not.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
it ****ing kills me to think that if we had tanked a little bit more, we would've legitimately had a shot at Matthews or laine...imagine one of those with 27 for next 10 years

We had 13 more pts than last place team. There was zero chance for us to finish there.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Landeskog is on pace for about 30pts this year.... people are sure that they'd trade a big package for that?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Landeskog is on pace for about 30pts this year.... people are sure that they'd trade a big package for that?

This

On the other hand, Duchene is on pace for 33 goals and 62 pts.

Also, if we look at these 2 lineups, I think it's pretty clear which one we would rather have going into the playoffs this year.

Assuming Pleky is included in the package:

With Landeskog:
Landeskog - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - McCarron - Shaw
Lehkonen - Mitchell - Carr

vs

With Duchene:
Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Duchene - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - McCarron

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
But we were only 3 point ahead of Winnipeg and Laine.

That's a loser's mentality.

Now, don't get me wrong. If your team is bad and need to tank in order to get better, I get it. But given our lineup, finishing 21st was as bad as it could get. The teams below us were simply terrible, while we were pretending to be terrible.

The very fact that people are still talking about tanking for the Habs is a real head scratcher for me. You can't tank with that much talent.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Hockey is more than points. He was injured a bit and is the only forward who lifts his weight (and then some) defensively. Production in this year is an anomaly.

Meh, Duchene floats alot (very talented tho, of course), Landeskog plays hard and has talent aswell.

:laugh:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Ave's may decline buts it's not way way off. Most people fail to realize both Guys are UFA in 2.5 seasons and that will affect value.

No, everybody is acutely aware of their contract status and how silly it is to pretend that two and a half seasons isn't a long time. Your offer is way, way off.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ave's may decline buts it's not way way off. Most people fail to realize both Guys are UFA in 2.5 seasons and that will affect value.

Being a UFA in 2.5 years doesn't lower your value. If anything, it keeps it high because he's not a rental. In fact, you have him for another 2 seasons after the current season is over and you have the chance to negociate for a whole year during his final contract year.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Landeskog is such a MT/MB player.

Duchesne has too much skill and personality for this squad.

Live feed of MT trying to explain why the newly acquired Duchesne only played 14:23 :

12cuhv.gif

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
They tanked with comparable talent last year. It all comes down to injuries.

Of course, but that's kinda out of the GM's control. However, I agree that if your season is derailed by injuries to key players, you might as well be a seller at the deadline and prepare for next year.

In comparison, some guys here would want to see us tank every year until we win a Cup.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

We ran out of season. Those below us were so far below there was no way to catch them in half a season. Our 1st half was too good, but yeah, Mathews or Laine would be really sweet right now. Jets got really lucky on that one.

The organization I really feel sorry for is Vancouver. Both Winnipeg and Columbus jumped over them landing them the 5th spot. They also passed on Tkachuk and Keller for Juolevi. We'll see how that works out for them, although they do desperately need quality D prospects, but....

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I wouldn't, if you have a chance to get Duschene or Landeskog you make a credible offer to get one of them because it's what we lack. The Avs are in trouble but they are not giving away either of those players for some of the out of whack trade proposals in this thread. You have to go big or go home when it comes to landing big names and it is a question of whether MB will try and do it or not.

True. If the Habs are serious about contending, and if they feel Duchene is the right fit, then none of our prospects is untouchable. This team is 1 or 2 major tweaks away from being one of the Cup favorites: top 6 pivot and a defense partner for Weber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad