Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
There is no guarantee that the Habs would have won the lottery. The Jets lucked into their draft spot.

And they lucked into Laine being potentially one of the great all-time No. 2 overall draft selections.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
There is no guarantee that the Habs would have won the lottery. The Jets lucked into their draft spot.

But the Jets did, didn't they. What difference would it have made if we lost 2 more games? Patrick Laine was the difference. Last year was our chance to tank and we didnt jump on it.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
But the Jets did, didn't they. What difference would it have made if we lost 2 more games? Patrick Laine was the difference. Last year was our chance to tank and we didnt jump on it.

Its not anyways fault the team started so hot. Once Price went down the team was in full tank mode. The record from December on speaks for itself.

Unless you are saying the team should of went into the season after finishing 2nd in the NHL with the idea to finish in last ???

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

This kind of thinking is so bizarre. It's all dumb luck. So the Habs should have known they needed to finish exactly 6th last instead of 4th, 5th, 7th or 8th? Then to secure Laine they would have told the players they needed to tank for exactly 78 points but with fewer ROW than Winnipeg.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Its not anyways fault the team started so hot. Once Price went down the team was in full tank mode. The record from December on speaks for itself.

Unless you are saying the team should of went into the season after finishing 2nd in the NHL with the idea to finish in last ???

Exactly! Season was done in December, but we couldnt get another 2 losses in the 50 games left?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
This kind of thinking is so bizarre. It's all dumb luck. So the Habs should have known they needed to finish exactly 6th last instead of 4th, 5th, 7th or 8th? Then to secure Laine they would have told the players they needed to tank for exactly 78 points but with fewer ROW than Winnipeg.

Everyone knew the top 3 of last year's draft was a gold mine. We knew Price was done for the season by December. Why not try your best to tank???

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Exactly! Season was done in December, but we couldnt get another 2 losses in the 50 games left?

Can't blame the players or the coach they aren't going to try and lose games on purpose.

MB did what he could, dropped Fleish/Weise to give the habs 0 depth. Half the team was AHLers. Even shut PK down for the last 14 games.

In the end all you can do is blame the guys on the ice for having to much pride and actually playing to win rather than deciding to mail it in and lose those 2 extra games.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
If they were trying to tank, wouldn't you think that they would've shut Galchenyuk down who played with a broken hand the last month of the season? And IIRC, Subban was also cleared to play by the team, he himself chose not to.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MB in a tough spot, knows what he needs but will have to pay alot to get it,

i bet he waits until the trade deadline, mean while we suffer with what we have.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
MB in a tough spot, knows what he needs but will have to pay alot to get it,

i bet he waits until the trade deadline, mean while we suffer with what we have.

If the habs go into a dangerous slump he may have his hand forced. He could deal a little from position of strength right now due to Habs positioning and strong play thus far.

But I think the habs will be fine, wait until the deadline when more cap space is opened up.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If the habs go into a dangerous slump he may have his hand forced. He could deal a little from position of strength right now due to Habs positioning and strong play thus far.

But I think the habs will be fine, wait until the deadline when more cap space is opened up.

I honestly think this team will continue to tread water this month.
We aren't going to slump like last year...
Unless we lose one of Radulov Price or Weber?

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Everyone knew the top 3 of last year's draft was a gold mine. We knew Price was done for the season by December. Why not try your best to tank???

The Habs went 21-34-2 after Price went down. You can't reasonably expect any worse than that. Pretty sure it was worst in the league over that span. It just so happens Winnipeg fluked it in the 6th slot and got Laine.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Check the Jan sched. It's not a rough one. AG is skating just fine on the ice today. Give him 3 or 4 weeks max.

MB should be smart and wait for the right price. No need to move right this moment while still on top of the division and 6th overall in the NHL.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If they were trying to tank, wouldn't you think that they would've shut Galchenyuk down who played with a broken hand the last month of the season? And IIRC, Subban was also cleared to play by the team, he himself chose not to.

It was a broken finger.
And I sure am glad that they let Galchenyuk play. The last 30 games was huge for his development as a 1C. He proved to himself and to everyone that he is capable of playing there and producing.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Sign Shipachev to a 2017-18 contract (can they?)

Sharp for Plekanec and 3rd

Struggling UFA for Struggling UFA, Dallas gets a sweetener

Possible Plekanec finds a fit as a 2/3C in Dallas, where Seguin is playing wing. I would slot Sharp in with Galchenyuk and Radulov on LW. He adds a needed RHS to the PP.

Hanzal for 2 x 2nds, Desharnais, Carr/Hudon

Arizona gets a nice return and happily tries out Desharnais for a few months.

Sharp - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Hanzal - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - McCarron
Terry - Flynn - Hudon/Carr

Beaulieu - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Markov - Pateryn
Barberio - Redmond

Really like the look and depth of that forward group.

I'd like to make a trade to bring in a top 4 LD but I don't see one we can afford unless Minnesota does indeed want to trade a D-man.

We can't give up core roster pieces like Pacioretty or Gallagher in-season and we don't have top end prospects not named Sergachev (who really shouldn't go anywhere) to get a top D. Unless the d really falters I see a depth trade for a steady RD for the bottom pair and nothing else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->