Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
It'll cost Sergachev+ to get either Landy or Duchene, i'd pay that for Landeskog. Alternatively we can trade for Duchene and move Danault to the wing (or put Byron/Lehkonen there) to play w/ him and Gally.. but i have a lot of confidence in Danault.

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Radulov
Landeskog Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Shaw
Byron Mitchell McCarron/Carr

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It'll cost Sergachev+ to get either Landy or Duchene, i'd pay that for Landeskog. Alternatively we can trade for Duchene and move Danault to the wing (or put Byron/Lehkonen there) to play w/ him and Gally.. but i have a lot of confidence in Danault.

I'd rather go for Duchene rather than Landeskog

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Burmistrov on waivers. Dudley drafted him with ATL IIRC. Wonder if that might happen.

Looks like he's been really bad this year. Not sure if there's any point - we don't need any more bottom-six centres or fringe NHLers.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Looks like he's been really bad this year. Not sure if there's any point - we don't need any more bottom-six centres or fringe NHLers.

Yeah ,he'd have to outplay Mitchell/Flynn/Lehkonen/Carr to be worth it and I just don't think he can at this point. From everything I'm reading on the Jets board he's completely done as an NHLer.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I hope Bergevin comes up with a trade to address a top 4 dman and a top 6 forward.

The Habs were already lacking these two needs before Galchenyuk and Markov went down. The defense is a bit shaky right now and even with Markov coming back it needs to be bolstered. This could also protect the Habs from other injuries that they could face.

The scoring could always use a boost and is in need of another top 6 for sometime.

I think the ideal scenario would maybe a Sharp & Oduya package. I know Oduya isn't what he was before but I think he could help out with Markov's minutes. They could swap between the 2nd and 3rd Left side pairings based on the minutes and play required. Seidenberg could be of help too.

Sharp could help the second line LW, I am kind of on the assumption that Danault could handle the 2C slot when Galchenyuk comes back. Plekanec moves to the 3rd line. Desharnais would need to be moved or something which isn't easy in itself. Beaulieu at this point I think might be used in a deal to help get some help. Just my opinion.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
We rly need to make a run at duchene and if we can do so without wasting a top 6

We will just get a step closer to the cup

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
I really believe that, when healthy, Habs are only two smaller pieces away from being a contender. By smaller pieces, I mean a top 9 scorer and maybe a #4-5 D.

Trade 1: Sven Andrighetto + Draft Pick to Florida for Jaromir Jagr

Trade 2: Draft Pick to Colorado for Francois Beauchemin

Lineup with 4 potential scoring lines:

Alexander Radulov - Alex Galchenyuk - Paul Byron
Arturri Lehkonen - Tomas Plekanec - Jaromir Jagr
Brendan Gallagher - Phillip Danault - Andrew Shaw
Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Michael McCarron

or simply:

Alexander Radulov - Alex Galchenyuk - Max Pacioretty
Brendan Gallagher - Tomas Plekanec - Jaromir Jagr
Paul Byron - Phillip Danault - Andrew Shaw
Arturri Lehkonen - Torrey Mitchell - David Desharnais/McCarron/Flynn

Shea Weber - Nathan Beaulieu
Andrei Markov - Jeff Petry
Alexei Emelin - Francois Beauchemin
Greg Pateryn

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I really believe that, when healthy, Habs are only two smaller pieces away from being a contender. By smaller pieces, I mean a top 9 scorer and maybe a #4-5 D.

Trade 1: Sven Andrighetto + Draft Pick to Florida for Jaromir Jagr

Trade 2: Draft Pick to Colorado for Francois Beauchemin

Brendan Gallagher - Phillip Danault - Andrew Shaw
Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Michael McCarron

or simply:

Alexander Radulov - Alex Galchenyuk - Max Pacioretty
Brendan Gallagher - Tomas Plekanec - Jaromir Jagr
Paul Byron - Phillip Danault - Andrew Shaw
Arturri Lehkonen - Torrey Mitchell - David Desharnais/McCarron/Flynn

Shea Weber - Nathan Beaulieu
Andrei Markov - Jeff Petry
Alexei Emelin - Francois Beauchemin
Greg Pateryn

That is about 9mill in cap the Habs take on. Just for draft picks. Won't happen as the Habs have no where near that about of space left. Even both at 50% retained its a total for 4.5mill in cap which the Habs still can't afford without salary headed out.

Desharnais has to be move for sure. Flynn and Beaulieu might have to be moved as well to help. They make a total of 5.5mill in cap space.

Jul 6, 2016
Plekanec + ??? for Jason Spezza, a big rh center that is now used to play on a second line in Dallas.

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
That is about 9mill in cap the Habs take on. Just for draft picks. Won't happen as the Habs have no where near that about of space left. Even both at 50% retained its a total for 4.5mill in cap which the Habs still can't afford without salary headed out.

Desharnais has to be move for sure. Flynn and Beaulieu might have to be moved as well to help. They make a total of 5.5mill in cap space.

Even with the pro-rated contracts at the Trade Deadline? Not sure how that all works TBH..

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I actually think Sharp would look really good with Galchenyuk and Radulov.

I also think he could be useful on the PP as a RHS on the offside. They don't have a RHS fwd to take one timers from the deep slot and I think his addition could open up space for other options and make the PP more dangerous.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I actually think Sharp would look really good with Galchenyuk and Radulov.

I also think he could be useful on the PP as a RHS on the offside. They don't have a RHS fwd to take one timers from the deep slot and I think his addition could open up space for other options and make the PP more dangerous.

I totally agree with this as well. The only PP shots from the left side is from Weber not really much else. Petty sets up in the middle at the top blueline. Gallagher our RHS is usually planted at the net.

Sharp and Oduya are what the Habs need. Bergevin and Chicago connection there. Plus Dallas seems like they could be selling this year. Seems like good trading partners.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I totally agree with this as well. The only PP shots from the left side is from Weber not really much else. Petty sets up in the middle at the top blueline. Gallagher our RHS is usually planted at the net.

Sharp and Oduya are what the Habs need. Bergevin and Chicago connection there. Plus Dallas seems like they could be selling this year. Seems like good trading partners.

Why do we want to get older? why cant we trade strength for strength and get younger guys instead of all these older guys, Most want to resign Markov, Weber is in his 30's we should stop with the older crowd and keep our young guys. Trading fior someone in the mid 20's makes sense.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Do we really want a future lineup where Plekanec is a 2nd line center?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Radulov
Landeskog Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Shaw
Byron Mitchell McCarron/Carr

Or just move Plekanec and his 6m and put Danult as 3rd C.Also go after Duchene instead of Landeskog as he is a bigger need , is more versatile since he can also play wing if need be and is one of the best faceoffs guy in the league

Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Duchene - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Ghetto/Flynn/Carr - Mitchell - McCarron

Then at the deadline try to go for a guy like Jagr for more scoring depth since he likely will only cost picks to acquire (If FLO is out of it)

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
We rly need to make a run at duchene and if we can do so without wasting a top 6

We will just get a step closer to the cup

I know we are starved for a 2c but with AG seen as a offensive #1 centre do we not want a more two-way and bigger player than Duchense? Perhaps a much younger version of Pleks?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This Duchene talk is starting to remind me of the Drouin talk last year.

I have a feeling he wont be traded until the off season. Sakic wants the moon for him and I think most GM's will balk at the high asking Price.

Also once a team trades for him they will have to protect him for expansion. Give up top prospects/young players and possibly lose another key player to expansion. Might be a hard pill for some GM's to swallow.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

I have a feeling he wont be traded until the off season. Sakic wants the moon for him and I think most GM's will balk at the high asking Price.

Also once a team trades for him they will have to protect him for expansion. Give up top prospects/young players and possibly lose another key player to expansion. Might be a hard pill for some GM's to swallow.

that is a very good point that many are ignoring. Those prospect close to the nhl but dont need protection, are even more valuable then normal

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I know we are starved for a 2c but with AG seen as a offensive #1 centre do we not want a more two-way and bigger player than Duchense? Perhaps a much younger version of Pleks?

Duchene has a good two way game. And he's 5''11 200lbs which is fine

If we want a bigger and more two way guy that is available then we have to look at a guy like Hanzal. Huge and solid defensively but not as offensive as a guy like Duchene.

OPersonally i thnik Duchene is the perfect fit. It just depends on the price asked but apparently it's pretty high so.....

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I think we should put a claim in for Burmistrov, might be a better solution than Terry in our bottom 6. Worse case scenario we just put him back on waivers if he doesn't work out.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I think we should put a claim in for Burmistrov, might be a better solution than Terry in our bottom 6. Worse case scenario we just put him back on waivers if he doesn't work out.

We'd be wasting some of our cap because of his cap hit if we did that. Pass.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Wouldn't the fact of Duchene requiring protection and bumping off some other intended protectible asset be priced into the negotiations? Unless of course, a protectible is part of the package that goes the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA