Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Juuelsen, shcerbak, gally and 2nd for duchene and tysson barrie. What do you think?

I don't see Tyson Barrie as a target for the Habs. He's overkill for the 3rd pair and Colorado is thin on D so I don't see them moving him without at least 1 D coming back or more likely not at all.

Also, I don't think we can afford to lose Gallagher especially while adding that much. If I remove Gallagher and Barrie it makes more sense:

Duchene for Juulsen, Scherbak, 2nd

I would suggest one of Juulsen or Scherbak would be replaced by a 1st, so:

Duchene for 1st, 2nd, Juulsen/Scherbak

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Quick question guys. If you were to package sergachev in a trade for Tyson Barrie and Matt Duchene or Landeskog you guys wouldn't do it?

If Barrie was included, I'd consider it, depending on the other pieces of course. But I'd rather a left D. We're solid on the right.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If you were trading Duchene would you accept that? I certainly wouldn't, it will probably take Bealieu and Sergachev plus our 1st pick to get a guy like that.

I like Duchesne a lot. But he's not a 1st line centre in my opinion. He's a superb 2nd. We're already wanting on the left side. Who would replace Beaulieu?

If Scherbak makes the NHL, and I'd hazard it's a near certainty, he'll be a 1st or 2nd line winger. He's our second best prospect.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I like Duchesne a lot. But he's not a 1st line centre in my opinion. He's a superb 2nd. We're already wanting on the left side. Who would replace Beaulieu?

Exactly. If we get a young, good top 4 LD like a Scandella, Brodin, etc before this then maybe but that's still a ton to pay from a position we are thinnest at.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

If Scherbak makes the NHL, and I'd hazard it's a near certainty, he'll be a 1st or 2nd line winger. He's our second best prospect.

I thought Scherbak would be here by now but I don't really know the development situation that he is going through with the baby habs because none of the prospects that have played there under Lefebvre have been very impressive so there is that. I know that the trade that I mentioned would leave us with holes but I was merely pointing out that if you are Colorado you do not give up Duchene or Landeskog for much less than good quality players to get either one of them. I don't see MB as the type of GM to give up young players or prospects to any team but I could see him go after a vet on D and at forward maybe in a rental situation or with intention of leaving them unprotected for the expansion draft.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Top 10 in ES scoring among all players since the last lockout, but not a #1 centre? That sure is an interesting POV.

Scherbak being our 2nd best prospect carries little value around the league, and he's a guy that's going to be the 3rd most valuable asset if you're trying to get a guy like Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->