Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 76 (No rest for the addicted edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I was more talking along the lines of trading down like 1OA for 5OA + York +. Im just not -in love- with Wright yet I guess.

Going just off statwatching York hasnt been doing as well as I thought in the AHL but surely he worth more than Poehling.

It’s tough to say cause there’s no recent benchmark value of trading down from 1OA.

Are you statwatching Wright too? Why don't you love him yet? Genuinely curious...I know the prospects board has a vocal minority that hates him, I wouldn't go based off just that.

He's still by large the consensus #1 pick

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Wish list:

Offseason
- Trade Petry for 1st or 2nd
- Trade Weber for picks
- Sign veteran goalie
- Sign veteran defenseman

TDL
- Trade Allen, run with veteran goalie/Montembeault
- Shop Byron (retained if needed), Drouin, Hoffman and Armia

Following season
- Trade Byron and Drouin retained to a cup contender

Hopefully we see a compliance buyout because of some covid related reason, use it on Gallagher.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Coyotes are not looking for anchor contracts. They are looking for LTIR contracts where the money is much less than the AAV/cap hit.

Gallagher is very very difficult to move at this point. 5 more years with a $6.5M cap hit and just turned 30 and might have had one of his worse seasons. Skating does not look good and he's getting smothered like Alzner did. We have no choice but to let him have a long offseason (first time in over 2 years) and see how much he can rebound. I see him rebounding but not sure by how much.

What we going to do? Trade all our guys age 25+ and go on a UFA spending spree where we sign more guys like Hoffman and Armia and repeat the process? Even if you can sign Letang and someone else of value, it's bubble playoffs again that leads to nowhere. Makes no sense during rebuild years. Just let most of them expire and trade them as rentals.
I could still see zona take on gally. Hed be a fan fav in AZ and probably do well in the sun with his body deteriorating. True they want LTIR, but can also afford it..
I'd give them Weber and Gally for a 3rd round.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I could still see zona take on gally. Hed be a fan fav in AZ and probably do well in the sun with his body deteriorating. True they want LTIR, but can also afford it..

Weber and a 3rd or 4th for a 7th might work.

Trying to slip Gallagher in won't. They will ask us to retain and offer more futures. Even if they believe in Gallagher, they are not dumb and will use their leverage like they did with the Dvorak trade. The book is out on Gallagher... Age 30+ years coming and he won't live up to that contract. Coyotes might welcome that but they are going to ask for incentive.

Also, Gallagher has a NMC/NTC where he lists 6 teams he can't be traded to. You better bet the Coyotes will be one of them.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Are you statwatching Wright too? Why don't you love him yet? Genuinely curious...I know the prospects board has a vocal minority that hates him, I wouldn't go based off just that.

He's still by large the consensus #1 pick

- Yes
- Im prob focusing on the negative being said about him too much

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine

Gally must have negative value. How long does Arizona plan to rebuild? Matthew's contract comes up in 2024. Will they ante up to bring back a local star to fill their new arena? Gallagher's salary would prevent them from fielding the team they tanked for. I don't see how they could take him. I was daydreaming the other day, I think for AZ to take on Gally you'd have to swap picks.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Dream scenario is Petry for a 1st to team that sill thinks can win but that is one injury away from a total disaster collapse lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: John B

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Thoughts on Andrew Copp? Give him a contract to play LW with Wright? Try darndest to dump one of Hoff/Drouin

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Thoughts on Andrew Copp? Give him a contract to play LW with Wright? Try darndest to dump one of Hoff/Drouin

Not that I hate the players but......Drouin, Hoffman, Pitlick, Pezzetta, Roy, Heineman.....we are good now and for the future for middle 6 LW. What we need is top line winger on the left.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wonder if we could package Petry + later 1st to Detroit or Buffalo, both of whom were said to have interest in Petry, to get another top 10 pick this year? Wishful thinking but would be nice!
Lol that'd be a dream unless we are talking about the Vegas 1st from Buffalo. I could see them trading that pick and Petry would make sense for them.

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Olofsson

Dahlin-Petry
Power-X

They already got a top 15 pick for Risto, got another top 16 pick this year from Eichel, and have their own top 10 pick so finally going for a playoff push makes sense.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
I would do something like this

To MTL: 3rd OA + Dylan Guenther
To ARI: 1st OA + Weber contract + CGY 1st

Maybe Im too greedy
Guenther better be really good, because you are trading down and tossing in webers contract with calgarys first, might as well add and get chychrun as well, i admit i do not know much about guenther, but the proposal is essentially calgarys first, weber contract plus the cost differance of drafting 1st from 3rd for Guenther

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Guenther better be really good, because you are trading down and tossing in webers contract with calgarys first, might as well add and get chychrun as well, i admit i do not know much about guenther, but the proposal is essentially calgarys first, weber contract plus the cost differance of drafting 1st from 3rd for Guenther

He went 9th OA in last draft and is one of the best players in the WHL. He's a top-20 drafted prospect.

There's almost no chance Arizona would move him to move up two spots.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Copp on an Armia-like contract playing solid two way hockey, size and physical element to his game neither benefits our team nor Wright?

You'd rather he play with who then? Hoffman and Gallagher?

You think Copp is going to get an Armia-like contract? He's going to definitely get more than that.

Reactions: MadMslm

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Always thought that most Habs fans were around Montreal Island but after reading a lot of takes I've formed another opinion.:nod:

d202349d-370c-4069-afc2-440d2d9434ce_text.gif

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Lol that'd be a dream unless we are talking about the Vegas 1st from Buffalo. I could see them trading that pick and Petry would make sense for them.

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Olofsson

Dahlin-Petry
Power-X

They already got a top 15 pick for Risto, got another top 16 pick this year from Eichel, and have their own top 10 pick so finally going for a playoff push makes sense.
And helping buffalo get better, so they can beat us. Helping the tank2.0

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Im curious, what do you project his value being now if we trade him vs next season?

Would we get a 1st now and drop off to a 2nd next year?

If that were the case I’d keep him anyways because a year of center depth as not to throw Wright into the wolves is worth the difference of drafting a late 1st vs a late 2nd.
Hard to say what the difference will be since we don’t know how much of inconsistency he will show next year. But it doesn’t really matter.

Habs can get max value for him now and use pretty much any alternative, like signing an old guy on a short term contract. I don’t think he is hard to replace for 1 year (or two)

Right now, Evans is better then Dvorak in driving possession and he also did it while facing tougher opposition, so Evans is also ready for a bigger role.

Wright will also eventually be ready to take a bigger role. Suzuki can hold the 1st line till Wright is ready.

Habs are not winning next year, so what does it matter if Habs score 5ish less goals because they trade Dvorak. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans scored more goals with a bigger role. So it could even be a wash.

Reactions: blarneylad

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Habs should’ve used one of those plethora of picks to draft Copp in 2013, they could’ve used him from 2015 onwards..

Don’t see the need now, Dvorak can produce higher output as 3C on a much more affordable AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad