Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 76 (No rest for the addicted edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
You have to keep Dvorak. He played better under MSL and you need to insulate Wright by not giving him too many assignments right away.
He played better for some games but I don’t think he will keep that up for a full year, his history says that anyway.

If history does repeat its self, as it normally does, he will have lost this little extra value.

I’d much rather trade him even if Wright goes back to juniors.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I see you piggybacked off my proposal in the other thread lol

giphy.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He played better for some games but I don’t think he will keep that up for a full year, his history says that anyway.

If history does repeat its self, as it normally does, he will have lost this little extra value.

I’d much rather trade him even if Wright goes back to juniors.

His production with the Habs is very close to what he did for the Coyotes last year. Dvorak can be traded but we don't have to be in a hurry to do so. He had a rough start but finished strong and this is basically what you get. 15-20 goals and 40-50 pts. It's been consistent for a while and in 19/20, he had a good 2nd half vs 1st half.

17 goals with 31 pts in 56 games
vs
11 goals with 33 pts in 56 games.

You want to trade Dvorak and have Wright in the OHL? I smell what you are cooking... CB

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Not a dream. A comment or question. I'm not pretending these are high probability moves so don't spin it back to me like that.

Personally, I don't think the value is horrible. However, this is about help now and nobody is trading pieces like Caufield or Suzuki who are proven in the NHL. Romanov maybe. Guhle maybe. Depends on teams who are trading from a position of strength but the narrative here is help now for the Devils. My package offers both help now and futures. Probably a no answer but it's not horrible.

Do you really think any team trades a Suzuki type for a 2nd OA dart? Is that what you are going to use as your defense?

Well, there's that guy we keep hearing about....Lafrenière.......that might be the starting point for such a trade.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Habs just have to resign Dauphin or let Rem Pitlick play center. Dvorak has trade value and he's not in the long term plan of the team.

Not so fast....I would have totally agreed with you 2 days ago....
The landscape just changed in Habsland

Dvorak does have a value but right now, everything must be about development, everything.
With a young Wright in the line-up, a guy like Dvorak on the 3rd line is more than perfect for his development, a Pitlick or Dauphin would on the 3rd would expose Wright to tougher match-up.

Right now, I would stick with Dvorak for at least another year

Reactions: Prairie Habs

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Dvorak will have the same trade value next summer if not better and we will have a better idea of what he can bring. We need to keep him this year, we don't have any depth at Center
He will have worse trade value next summer since everyone will know he is inconsistent.

Why do we need to keep him this year? To make the playoffs?! Seriously, this summer is the perfect time to try and regain something of value because of a hot streak under MSL.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He will have worse trade value next summer since everyone will know he is inconsistent.

Why do we need to keep him this year? To make the playoffs?! Seriously, this summer is the perfect time to try and regain something of value because of a hot streak under MSL.
Who knows how he will show up next year ? He can only upgrade his value next summer after a hard start and injuries.

Because we don't have anyone to take his role and I don't want to put to much pressure on our young players. Where not gonna make the playoff because we keep Dvorak.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Wow, why not sacrifice a good young center for unnecessary cap space?

Chanelling Normand Flynn talking about trading Suzuki to get Wayne Simmonds

"Je serais prêt à donner un jeune joueur comme Nick Suzuki pour aller le chercher. Parce que Suzuki, tu vas en avoir des Suzuki dans l'équipe du Canadien. Suzuki c'est comme Byron, Suzuki c'est un petit attaquant qui est bon passeur mais t'as Kotkaniemi qui et là et t'as Lehkonen..."

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Who knows how he will show up next year ? He can only upgrade his value next summer after a hard start and injuries.

Because we don't have anyone to take his role and I don't want to put to much pressure on our young players. Where not gonna make the playoff because we keep Dvorak.
He will be inconsistent next year because that’s how he has been since he is in the league which is 350ish games. He will turn 27 next year so chances he puts it all together are weak.

No the Habs won’t make the playoffs next year because they keep Dvorak but it makes no sens to not get something of value for him if he isn’t in the plans and if he doesn’t fill a gap for a team going to the playoffs.

He is too slow to be a HuGo guy, so we already know he is gone. Might as well get the most out of him and that will be achieved by trading him this summer.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He will be inconsistent next year because that’s how he has been since he is in the league which is 350ish games. He will turn 27 next year so chances he puts it all together are weak.

No the Habs won’t make the playoffs next year because they keep Dvorak but it makes no sens to not get something of value for him if he isn’t in the plans and if he doesn’t fill a gap for a team going to the playoffs.

He is too slow to be a HuGo guy, so we already know he is gone. Might as well get the most out of him and that will be achieved by trading him this summer.
We will get something valuable, but when our young center will be ready to take his place. A rebuilding team is plenty of players that are not part of your futur but they are there to take a spot to rush your young players.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019

"Je serais prêt à donner un jeune joueur comme Nick Suzuki pour aller le chercher. Parce que Suzuki, tu vas en avoir des Suzuki dans l'équipe du Canadien. Suzuki c'est comme Byron, Suzuki c'est un petit attaquant qui est bon passeur mais t'as Kotkaniemi qui et là et t'as Lehkonen..."
Imagine being Normand Flynn and being paid to comment hockey. We do it for free here and most are more relevant than him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Imagine being Normand Flynn and being paid to comment hockey. We do it for free here and most are more relevant than him.

We saw all sorts of posts like that on these boards about how we over rate our young players and we should have traded them before it was found out they were busts. And Poehling was ahead of Suzuki on many polls before he made the Canadiens. They said he was too slow and small...

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
We saw all sorts of posts like that on these boards about how we over rate our young players and we should have traded them before it was found out they were busts. And Poehling was ahead of Suzuki on many polls before he made the Canadiens. They said he was too slow and small...
People here could say what they want, we are not paid to watch hockey. Those analysts should be the ones coming with less uninformed statements.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
People here could say what they want, we are not paid to watch hockey. Those analysts should be the ones coming with less uninformed statements.
I'm not a fan of Flynn's general perspective. But I can go through pretty much any NHL GM or Coach or pundit and name really dumb trades they made.

Imagine trading McDonagh for Scott Gomez's astronomical cap hit.

Imagine trading Sergachev for Drouin, or giving Gallagher a huge Contract extension.

The guy who did a much better job building his expansion team than Francis did once traded prospect Filip Forsberg for washed up vet Martin Erat.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I'm not a fan of Flynn's general perspective. But I can go through pretty much any NHL GM or Coach or pundit and name really dumb trades they made.

Imagine trading McDonagh for Scott Gomez's astronomical cap hit.

Imagine trading Sergachev for Drouin, or giving Gallagher a huge Contract extension.

The guy who did a much better job building his expansion team than Francis did once traded prospect Filip Forsberg for washed up vet Martin Erat.
Trading for needs leads to that and you can't go 100% as a GM. I was surprised that Drouin only costs Sergachev at the time, like many here that won't admit it. This board is more driven by future than actual results, and I don't always agree with a lot of posts. But if I'm going on tv to talk about a prospect, I'll make sure I'll watch some games and get informed before making a statement. They have all the means and the time they need to do it and they don't.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
You can't put Kidney, Roy or Farrell in with other prospects that didn't pan out until we've seen what they become.

Timmins' record with forwards wasn't good. But we've gotten forwards like Pacioretty, Gallagher amd Plekanec outside of the lottery before - plus Subban, Romanov, Markov, and Streit on D.
Every year its a new batch of hyped hopefuls.

Pacioretty was a 1st round pick you hope they become serviceable NHLers. Gallagher and Pleks in what 20 years of drafting?

I have zero faith that any of the three you mentioned will pan out as anything more than cost effective bottom 6 players. And the chances are even smaller that all three pan out let alone just one.

I'm a jaded Habs fan. I've watched this team go from Koivu to Plekanec, to Desharnais to Danault. That is the center depth I've enjoyed as a fan for the last 20 years. This team has been lousy for ever.

They have failed time and again to draft substantial players. Gallagher and Pleks are the exception for sure. Subban and Romanov were good 2nd round picks Markov was ages ago.

I'm not saying these three won't make it, nor that they won't be top tier talents. But I am highlighting a 1st overall finally a stud prospect. Not a Kotkaniemi where everyone in the room is like what the heck.

These other guys are guys with high ceilings, but very low floors too. Wright has a high ceiling and his floor is pretty high. His chance of being a bust is small

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Jeff marek on 32 thoughts today proposed habs 1 OA to Arizona for 3 OA + 2023 1st. That's obviously garbage for Arizona and they would never propose it, but if you were to remove Arizona's pick this season would anyone here trade Wright for Arizona's first next season? I probably couldn't bring myself to do it just incase they got a hot goalie and end up picking Iike 7th, but I wouldn't be insulted. Their pick + ours would give us a great shot at Bedard.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Jeff marek on 32 thoughts today proposed habs 1 OA to Arizona for 3 OA + 2023 1st. That's obviously garbage for Arizona and they would never propose it, but if you were to remove Arizona's pick this season would anyone here trade Wright for Arizona's first next season? I probably couldn't bring myself to do it just incase they got a hot goalie and end up picking Iike 7th, but I wouldn't be insulted. Their pick + ours would give us a great shot at Bedard.
How about Chychrun + 3rd overall for 1st overall + Calgary’s 1st +?

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
I wouldn't be able to ante such an asset on a bet like this one. Chances are great that Arizona's pick is top 5 next year, but who knows what will happen?

Imagine the players are pride-bitten by playing in front of an empty 3000 seats arena and pull off a miracle on ice season. It would be worse than what happened to San Jose when they traded for Karlsson.

Yeah but we're not as handsome and elegant as he is :sarcasm:

Reactions: GrandBison

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
1652322343837.gif

Reactions: blarneylad

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

that comment should be criminal.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Bro you do trade any day of the week. Chychrun is a young yet established #1D, Arizona would never do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad