Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 76 (No rest for the addicted edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Let's start the discussion for the off-season!

At the draft..."We have two trades to announce"

Habs - Wings

Jeff Petry to Detroit for Filip Zadina and 2022 3rd round pick

The Montreal Canadiens have traded the Oilers 2nd Round pick, their own 3rd round pick and the Redwings 3rd round pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs for the Leafs 1st round selection #25.

Habs pick #1, 25, 26(Calgary) and 33rd

1 - Shane Wright
25 - falling Miroshnenko
26 - Luneau
33 - Gaucher

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TooMuchMan

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

Habs - Wings

The Montreal Canadiens have traded the Oilers 2nd Round pick, their own 3rd round pick and the Redwings 3rd round pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs for the Leafs 1st round selection #25.

Habs pick #1, 25, 26(Calgary) and 32nd

1 - Shane Wright
25 - falling Miroshnenko
26 - Luneau
32 - Gaucher
I think Groton already is preparing to jump into the end of the first round of the draft with the extra picks to make a splash so I see this as a real chance of happening

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
In addition to my OP...if we manage to unload Petry, does anyone have any interest in bringing back Subban as a UFA for a 2 year contract at let's say 1.25 mil per year? If anything, he helps with our tank for Bedard :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Kanye East

Feb 21, 2022
Stalking Kim.
After spending almost all my time in this thread, I'm taking a break. I'm going in hibernation from it, please wake me up when the offseason is start!🥱🐻
Screenshot_20220322_091052.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As Hughes said, they were close to trading Weber's contract. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, Renaud Lavoie said on TV yesterday that Yzerman and HuGo have spoken about Petry. I'm sure they've spoken to other teams, as well. I think the groundwork to trade Petry in the off-season has been laid.

And we also got the rumor that teams have spoken to Habs about Armia and Dvorak. So it's possible they go.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

Habs - Wings

1 - Shane Wright
25 - falling Miroshnenko
26 - Luneau
33 - Gaucher
Edmonton's 2nd is next year I doubt Toronto agrees to that

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
As Hughes said, they were close to trading Weber's contract. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, Renaud Lavoie said on TV yesterday that Yzerman and HuGo have spoken about Petry. I'm sure they've spoken to other teams, as well. I think the groundwork to trade Petry in the off-season has been laid.

And we also got the rumor that teams have spoken to Habs about Armia and Dvorak. So it's possible they go.
Arizona wanted it but took on Little's contract instead. Summer

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
can we move on from Subban hes just terrible nowadays rather give the chance to someone else
He is terrible. But not out of the NHL terrible. A simple low-cost 2 year contract might be fun while our D prospects develop. Especially if we clear out Petry on the right side and dump Weber's contract. A low money/term guy for a couple of years would be good until we have to start thinking about signing some of these awesome prospects.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I have no doubt that we will make trades on draft day and in the summer to free up cap flexilibty. The best leverage we have is to use our 3rd and 4th rounders on draft day to move guys like Weber, Armia, Dvorak, Hoffman. Not all will go but maybe 2 of them. Hard to guess.

If Hughes moves all 4 and we don't get hosed on the trades, I'll be impressed. I do think the goal is to create cap flexibility

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
He is terrible. But not out of the NHL terrible. A simple low-cost 2 year contract might be fun while our D prospects develop. Especially if we clear out Petry on the right side and dump Weber's contract. A low money/term guy for a couple of years would be good until we have to start thinking about signing some of these awesome prospects.
hes terrible.... why even waste a contract spot on him if we need bodies go another route with someone younger that might impress us,we had good years with PK but its time to move hes horrible nowadays

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Habs - Wings

1 - Shane Wright
25 - falling Miroshnenko
26 - Luneau
33 - Gaucher

Why would Detroit trade for Zadina for Petry, this proposal makes no sense nor does the Leafs moving down for a 2nd and a third.

Reactions: NicRattlehead

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
You make a good point. Ok, so who are we moving next? :laugh:

On a serious note, I'm curious to see what team is willing to take Weber's contract and more curious Petry.
Arizona is clearly a front runner for Weber's contract.

Petry is a wild card.....Hughes will have to work hard to get that trade done.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Arizona is clearly a front runner for Weber's contract.

Petry is a wild card.....Hughes will have to work hard to get that trade done.
Arizona makes sense even if they took Brian Little's contract. It appears that they will need Weber's contract to hit the floor next season.

I agree on Petry, this will be a tough one for Hughes.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Why would Detroit trade for Zadina for Petry, this proposal makes no sense nor does the Leafs moving down for a 2nd and a third.
Zadina hasn't performed up to his standards so far. As a guy drafted around Svech, Tkachuk and even KK he is nowhere near trending with those players. Detroit might be tempted to move on from him and a third included is really nothing. Petry still has value and is a Michigan boy.

As for the Leafs....they have 3 picks in 7 rounds this draft. If anyone would be willing to sell their first for 3 other picks, it would be them. Maybe we have to negotiate a bit depending on where there pick is.

If it is 20-24 we include package 33rd + a 3rd rounder.

If it is 25-32 we package 50 + 2 thirds.

Use your imagination.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought it was 2023 regardless?

The Oilers traded a conditional 3rd round pick to Chicago for Duncan Keith. The condition is a weird one, though.

Here are the conditions:
- Edmonton needs to make the Stanley Cup Final.
- Duncan Keith needs to play Top-4 ice time among D in the first 3 rounds.

Now, IF those conditions are met, that 2022 3rd round pick becomes a 2022 2nd round pick. IF that condition is met, Chicago gets the 2022 2nd and the Habs get the Oilers' 2023 2nd round pick.

IF the conditions are not met, then Chicago gets Edmonton's 2022 3rd round pick and Habs get the 2022 2nd round pick.

No matter what, Habs are getting a 2nd round pick. Only thing we need to wait for is to see if it's the 2022 2nd round pick or the 2023 one.

Reactions: habsfan891

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
When you look value... I see trades like that :

Tyler Toffoli for Justin Barron, 2nd pick EDM 2022 and 2nd pick COL 2024.
Artturi Lehkonen for Emil Heineman and 1st pick CGY 2022.
Ben Chiarot for Ty Smilanic and 1st pick FLO 2023.
Brett Kulak for Tyler Pitlick, William Lagesson, 4th pick NYR 2022, 5th pick FLO 2023 and 7th pick EDM 2024.

That's very very good when you look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad