Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 76 (No rest for the addicted edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
What about trading Hoffman for Tatar ?

Tatar will be FA in 2023 so we will save 4,5m for next summer.

Why could even try to reunite him and Gally and recreate there chemistry with Wright (really not confident about that don't worry !)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Why could even try to reunite him and Gally and recreate there chemistry with Wright (really not confident about that don't worry !)
Don't need another winger. Hoffman for Barrie makes more sense.

Reactions: Vachon23

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Copp on an Armia-like contract playing solid two way hockey, size and physical element to his game neither benefits our team nor Wright?

You'd rather he play with who then? Hoffman and Gallagher?

Our kids....time to develop, time to build.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There are very few realistic scenarios that I could even see us entertaining trading the 1st.

It would look something like.....

Arizona 3OV + Carolina 1st for Wright (we still draft Cooley or Slaf) and pick up a late 1st

Columbus 6th+12th (we end up with Nemec/Jiricek + Lambert/Yurov) - long shot

Laf + Rangers 1st 2023 (lottery protected) - would love unprotected, but no way they do that.

Can't see much else in the way of trade for Wright
I would switch firsts with Arizona if they give us the option to switch firsts with them next year, 2023. If it happens we finish lower than them next year, I want our 2nd pick back in '24 instead.

Reactions: waitin425

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

We couldn’t even move him or even play him when he was here. Why would we try to acquire him!?!?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The only difference is that Tatar is off the book after the season.
We already got too many wingers and I imagine we'd like to sign some too (a guy like Mason Marchment for instance).

Marchment-Suzuki-Caufield
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Pitlick-Wright-Gallagher
Byron-Evans-Armia

Then you got Poehling, Ylonen, Pezzetta, Dauphin, T.Pitlick

Meanwhile for defense, it's very bleak, especially after the Petry trade

Eddy-Barron
Romanov-Savard
Harris-Shoe/Wideman

Of course we are likely to sign someone here too, but ideally Barron and Harris are sent down. Even if not sent down, nobody besides maybe Barron can work a PP from the backend. That's why to me Barrie makes sense.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We already got too many wingers and I imagine we'd like to sign some too (a guy like Mason Marchment for instance).

Marchment-Suzuki-Caufield
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Pitlick-Wright-Gallagher
Byron-Evans-Armia

Then you got Poehling, Ylonen, Pezzetta, Dauphin, T.Pitlick

Meanwhile for defense, it's very bleak, especially after the Petry trade

Eddy-Barron
Romanov-Savard
Harris-Shoe/Wideman

Of course we are likely to sign someone here too, but ideally Barron and Harris are sent down. Even if not sent down, nobody besides maybe Barron can work a PP from the backend. That's why to me Barrie makes sense.
Where is Hoffman ?

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I think a deal around trading CGY 1st pick (received through the Toff trade) + Weber's contract + second + Poehling or other B prospect for Chychrun would be ideal.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
David Perron (UFA) reportedly would be interested in playing in MTL. 1-2 years max (current salary is 4M).

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Hagelin 2 years. sucks at faceoffs but he would be a good addition and would enable the Habs to trade Dvorak with Evans being ready for a bigger role.

Kerfoot, Girgenson, Barbanov, Perron, etc. are a few others that come to mind.

But I’d guess Hagelin is a HuGo type of player. (Would need to work on faceoffs) He is mosty a W but I think he would be perfect as #3C/#4C while the kids grow a bit.

First 9 games could try:
Suzuki
Evans
Wright
Hagelin

Last edited:

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
David Perron (UFA) reportedly would be interested in playing in MTL. 1-2 years max (current salary is 4M).
I'd like that, but we have way too many vets wingers, and Ylonen needs a spot at some point. I think Byron will be waived to start the season, which is sad

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
I'd want Nichushkin playing LW next to Wright (or 14 and 22). I think he's essentially a faster, bigger, more talented Lehkonen who could still be useful in 4-5 years.
Depends on what he's looking for, he's been really productive this season but based on previous ones I wouldn't go above 4.5 or 4.75 for 5 years.

Also, have to trade Drouin and Hoffman before. I don't care what we get for them, they don't bring anything substantial to the team and don't fit in the culture.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Kent will move one of Hoffman or JD. why you ask.. drop the $$
it may cost us or no return but I feel he will

I believe he will at least look to trade them indeed to drop the cap hits as you said . Not sure it would cost to drop Hoffman, he was paid 4x1 at STL (27 goals pace) before signing with MTL (18 goals pace during this really bad season). Honestly he gets a ton of crap but he has been far from the worst player on this team.

Regarding Drouin I think he has a bit of value to a GM in ARI or SEA as a reclamation project to trade him at TDL (like CHI has done with Fleury and OTT has failed to do with Stepan)

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
We drafted 10 extra picks in the last 3 years. 14 this year.
We can’t trade for multiple assets we will lose them for nothing.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hagelin 2 years. sucks at faceoffs but he would be a good addition and would enable the Habs to trade Dvorak with Evans being ready for a bigger role.

Kerfoot, Girgenson, Barbanov, Perron, etc. are a few others that come to mind.

But I’d guess Hagelin is a HuGo type of player. (Would need to work on faceoffs) He is mosty a W but I think he would be perfect as #3C/#4C while the kids grow a bit.

First 9 games could try:
Suzuki
Evans
Wright
Hagelin

Hagelin is 34 and has never played centre in his career.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I'm hoping for another tank year and high end pick. Our turnaround can be sped up exponentially.

Main players to trade and/or not resign. **we need cap space**

Petry
Hoffman
Drouin
Byron
Price (retire)
Weber (retire)

Not sure what the returns would be for these players but I would be focusing all my energy on this point at keeping as much cap space open for our future. We may need solid locker room vets on short term/small cap hit contracts

Draft Wright 2022

Summer 2023....

- Draft Bedard/Michkov/Fantilli
- Offersheet Lafreniere (I think he is on the cusp of turning this around)

Future projected lineup (could be a few years)

Laf - Suzuki - Caufield
Roy - Wright - Bedard/Michkov/Fantilli
Anderson - Kidney - Gally
Ylonen - Evans - Farrell

Romanov - Guhle
Eddie - Barron
Harris - Mailloux

Montembault

Three things to focus on to get us here.....

Roy reaching his potential
Offersheet Laf
Top 3 pick in 2023

This is what we need to do. When Gally and Andy come off the books, we will be resigning Wright and one of the 2023 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad