Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 76 (No rest for the addicted edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
He will be inconsistent next year because that’s how he has been since he is in the league which is 350ish games. He will turn 27 next year so chances he puts it all together are weak.

No the Habs won’t make the playoffs next year because they keep Dvorak but it makes no sens to not get something of value for him if he isn’t in the plans and if he doesn’t fill a gap for a team going to the playoffs.

He is too slow to be a HuGo guy, so we already know he is gone. Might as well get the most out of him and that will be achieved by trading him this summer.
Im curious, what do you project his value being now if we trade him vs next season?

Would we get a 1st now and drop off to a 2nd next year?

If that were the case I’d keep him anyways because a year of center depth as not to throw Wright into the wolves is worth the difference of drafting a late 1st vs a late 2nd.

Reactions: themilosh

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'd play Drouin with Wright in hopes if raising his value for the TDL next year. He's a player that could have good value if he shows he's over his wrist injuries and plays well. Feel like he's almost playing for his NHL career at this point and he needs to play hard this year after taking the last 1 1/2 season off.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, there's that guy we keep hearing about....Lafrenière.......that might be the starting point for such a trade.

Rangers are in a tough spot with Lafreniere.... They are not happy with his D+1 and D+2 but they also think he still has top 10 value and can try to trade him for Suzuki or Caufield types (young players in the NHL producing).

It's not happening so they have two choices... Keep believing he will improve or trade him for the best offer now before it gets worse. I think the Habs would be in a position to offer the best offer over others but it's not going to be as golden as they prefer.

If Lafreniere has another meh season, his value gets lower. Personally, I would trade Kidney and Anderson for him and maybe the Oilers 2nd as a sweetener. That's as far as I would go

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I would do something like this

To MTL: 3rd OA + Dylan Guenther
To ARI: 1st OA + Weber contract + CGY 1st

Maybe Im too greedy

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I'd play Drouin with Wright in hopes if raising his value for the TDL next year. He's a player that could have good value if he shows he's over his wrist injuries and plays well. Feel like he's almost playing for his NHL career at this point and he needs to play hard this year after taking the last 1 1/2 season off.
And what if they develop chemistry? On a cheaper contract, Drouin could be valuable complementary offense. We know what we get, 40-50 points, good passer, perimeter and streaky player, with rare flashes of an elite player. The kind of player we would overpay for to replace him (Hoffman for example).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would do something like this

To MTL: 3rd OA + Dylan Guenther
To ARI: 1st OA + Weber contract + CGY 1st

Maybe Im too greedy

Don't think it's bad value but when I put myself in the Coyotes shoes, it's two good young pieces for 1 with a chance of missing with the Flames pick.

Doubt they trade Guenther. Maybe this works better but we might say no then.

1st OA and Weber
for
3rd OA and Canes 1st.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Jeff marek on 32 thoughts today proposed habs 1 OA to Arizona for 3 OA + 2023 1st. That's obviously garbage for Arizona and they would never propose it, but if you were to remove Arizona's pick this season would anyone here trade Wright for Arizona's first next season? I probably couldn't bring myself to do it just incase they got a hot goalie and end up picking Iike 7th, but I wouldn't be insulted. Their pick + ours would give us a great shot at Bedard.

No. Do that and Arizona has control on the quality of the pick. They're well positioned to make moves to get them out of the basement. You'd want to find a team that

1) Would really want Wright
2) May be willing to give up an unprotected 1st this year and next year
3) Has a top 5/6 1st this year
4) Has a good shot at being a lottery team next year

I don't think there's a team that fits the bill, but the closest is probably Philly.

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
Don't think it's bad value but when I put myself in the Coyotes shoes, it's two good young pieces for 1 with a chance of missing with the Flames pick.

Doubt they trade Guenther. Maybe this works better but we might say no then.

1st OA and Weber
for
3rd OA and Canes 1st.

Yea they prob wouldnt trade Guenther.

No. Do that and Arizona has control on the quality of the pick. They're well positioned to make moves to get them out of the basement. You'd want to find a team that

1) Would really want Wright
2) May be willing to give up an unprotected 1st this year and next year
3) Has a top 5/6 1st this year
4) Has a good shot at being a lottery team next year

I don't think there's a team that fits the bill, but the closest is probably Philly.

Trading with Chuck Fletcher is a great idea. Maybe something around Cam York ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yea they prob wouldnt trade Guenther.

Trading with Chuck Fletcher is a great idea. Maybe something around Cam York ?

Poehling for York? Not sure I would do it though cause York would be in a tough spot with Romaonv, Harris, Norlinder with Struble on his was as well.

Maybe York for Norlinder and a 3rd?

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
I was more talking along the lines of trading down like 1OA for 5OA + York +. Im just not -in love- with Wright yet I guess.

Going just off statwatching York hasnt been doing as well as I thought in the AHL but surely he worth more than Poehling.

It’s tough to say cause there’s no recent benchmark value of trading down from 1OA.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Petry might be good to have around for Wright's development. It's good that he learn pro hockey along with a D that can pass the puck.

Reactions: waitin425

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
And what if they develop chemistry? On a cheaper contract, Drouin could be valuable complementary offense. We know what we get, 40-50 points, good passer, perimeter and streaky player, with rare flashes of an elite player. The kind of player we would overpay for to replace him (Hoffman for example).
That’s a good problem to have. I hope it’s the case!

Reactions: GrandBison

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
There are very few realistic scenarios that I could even see us entertaining trading the 1st.

It would look something like.....

Arizona 3OV + Carolina 1st for Wright (we still draft Cooley or Slaf) and pick up a late 1st

Columbus 6th+12th (we end up with Nemec/Jiricek + Lambert/Yurov) - long shot

Laf + Rangers 1st 2023 (lottery protected) - would love unprotected, but no way they do that.

Can't see much else in the way of trade for Wright

Reactions: Sterling Archer

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
You can find great Ds anywhere in the 1st, and in later rounds, but the best Cs are basically only found at the very top of the draft, as in the 1st pick or two. Probably a reason nobody has ever traded 1OA. Guessing we don't break that run.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
finally get a first overall and people wanna trade it :facepalm: we have enough quantity its time to get some quality

Just chit chat. I don't think most of us really want to trade it vs considering what we could get if we trade it. Usually, it takes an offer you can't refuse and I don't see other teams doing it. Maybe there is conversations but it leads to nowhere in the end... just like the chatter you see on HF boards about what the 1st OA would be worth.

99.999% Wright is in a Habs jersey on draft day

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Unless theyre Zona

Coyotes are not looking for anchor contracts. They are looking for LTIR contracts where the money is much less than the AAV/cap hit.

Gallagher is very very difficult to move at this point. 5 more years with a $6.5M cap hit and just turned 30 and might have had one of his worse seasons. Skating does not look good and he's getting smothered like Alzner did. We have no choice but to let him have a long offseason (first time in over 2 years) and see how much he can rebound. I see him rebounding but not sure by how much.

What we going to do? Trade all our guys age 25+ and go on a UFA spending spree where we sign more guys like Hoffman and Armia and repeat the process? Even if you can sign Letang and someone else of value, it's bubble playoffs again that leads to nowhere. Makes no sense during rebuild years. Just let most of them expire and trade them as rentals.

Reactions: sampollock

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some of you who are throwing out the "get rid of him" narrative... What's your plan with the cap space? Keep it or spend it? Explain your cap troubles and strategy of how you spend it when you talk "get rid of him" narratives.

Remember, these are rebuild years and there is no RFA we can't sign. So what's the point of getting rid of all the dead weight during rebuild years? Explain please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad