Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Ah the salary cap is so constricting. What does the NHL expect teams to do when every year players are getting paid more and more.

I'd put my money on Shane Doan coming to the Habs to play with Carey. MB has dealt with ARZ in the past and ARZ seems to not be afraid of pulling the trigger.

FWIW I would rather Doan than Iginla.

Chara would be interesting that's for sure. LHS. Would make the slowest back end in the league with Chara-Weber lol. Or you could go

Emelin-Weber
Chara-Petry
Markov-Beaulieu/Nest/Pateryn

IMO. That would be the best defense in the NHL. I am not sure on Chara's value though, plus he has a NMC, and I doubt that montreal would be his favorite place in the world given his history.

I think we are one star away from being a contender. Ideally we set up a trade for Tavares with Galchenyuk+.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
That's true. I just have a feeling at the end of the day he'll go at the deadline because avs would like picks for this years draft. Could be totally off though. Only time will tell.

They can trade him at the draft - when they will have a lot more suitors because the salary cap won't be an issue - and still have picks for this years draft.

But this years draft isn't particularly good so the entire conceit that they would make the deal sooner rather than later to have picks in this years draft doesn't really make a lot of sense anyway.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
They can trade him at the draft - when they will have a lot more suitors because the salary cap won't be an issue - and still have picks for this years draft.

But this years draft isn't particularly good so the entire conceit that they would make the deal sooner rather than later to have picks in this years draft doesn't really make a lot of sense anyway.

Again I know all these things.... I just have a feeling that's what will happen.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
How about a deal with Buffalo?

To Buffalo: Nathan Beaulieu and a 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Dmitry Kulikov and Marcus Foligno

Sabres get a former 1st rounder with talent and a pick, while the Habs get a Russian defenseman that's been injured and is a UFA to be. Adds depth for a playoff run, while Foligno gives the Habs a guy with size that can wear down opposing defensemen and make life miserable for other teams.

Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Foligno - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Kulikov - Nesterov/Pateryn

You don't add depth by trading like position for like position. That is a lateral move not to mention Foligno is only a quality 3rd liner. He isn't worth throwing away Beaulieu over.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
How about a deal with Buffalo?

To Buffalo: Nathan Beaulieu and a 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Dmitry Kulikov and Marcus Foligno

Sabres get a former 1st rounder with talent and a pick, while the Habs get a Russian defenseman that's been injured and is a UFA to be. Adds depth for a playoff run, while Foligno gives the Habs a guy with size that can wear down opposing defensemen and make life miserable for other teams.

Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Foligno - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Kulikov - Nesterov/Pateryn

I think those two are a great target... I proposed a Scherbak/2nd/DD, if it was Beaulieu I'd take out the pick all together, or add a pick on Buffalo's side.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
I like the Kulikov idea. He's similar to Beaulieu, but older and more developped. I'd feel safer with him going into the playoffs. And then there's the Russian factor. We'd be icing 4 Russians on defense!

Of all the names that have been floating around, Duchene is still the guy I'd prefer. Speed, skill and versatility. Surrounded by proper leadership, in a true hockey city, on a team with a legit shot at the cup, I think this guy could excel and make a real difference.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I like the Kulikov idea. He's similar to Beaulieu, but older and more developped. I'd feel safer with him going into the playoffs. And then there's the Russian factor. We'd be icing 4 Russians on defense!

Of all the names that have been floating around, Duchene is still the guy I'd prefer. Speed, skill and versatility. Surrounded by proper leadership, in a true hockey city, on a team with a legit shot at the cup, I think this guy could excel and make a real difference.

Kulikov is a UFA to be. Beaulieu isn't.

No thank you

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Meh, I can't say I find Kulikov to be much of an improvement over Beaulieu. If anything, Nate is faster and he's got more of a mean streak ( It comes and goes mind you) . Kulikov hasn't shown more of an offensive game at the pro level than Beaulieu has either.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Meh, I can't say I find Kulikov to be much of an improvement over Beaulieu. If anything, Nate is faster and he's got more of a mean streak ( It comes and goes mind you) . Kulikov hasn't shown more of an offensive game at the pro level than Beaulieu has either.

And if people think Beaulieu has poor IQ, then I have no idea what you'll think of Kulikov. He's all the brain-farts with none of the generating offense or transition.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This team needs a 2C.

This team needs more skill at forward.

This team needs a skilled 2C.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Kulikov is a UFA to be. Beaulieu isn't.

No thank you

I would not trade them one for one. In my dream scenario, Kulikov being UFA would not cost much more then Petry cost us a couple of years ago. Then I'd package Beaulieu with a good prospect and a pick for Duchene. Of course a salary dump may be in order to make the numbers work under the cap.

Not sure how realistic this is based on Colorado's demands, but the team would come out improved short term for sure.

Last edited:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would be curious on the cost of Tyler Johnson or RNH - albeit both are a little diminutive. We need more skill in our top 6.

Galchenyuk - Johnson - Gallagher would be a pretty fun line to watch. For the record I think Chucky should be a centre, but seems destined to play wing under Therrien's rule.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
It sure feels like it's going to be Duchesne but don't count out Landeskog.

Duchesne is faster and a bit better offensively and is a center. Landeskog does everything else better and all coaches love him. There are valid reasons to want either one of them.

What will it take?

For Duchesne, I would do Sergachev, McCarron and a first. Reasoning : Duchesne is a star, Sergachev might become a star, McCarron might become a top 9 forward, a first might become a decent NHL player... but Duchesne is already a star.

Because the team is all in NOW, Beaulieu should not be traded as he is very important NOW. I think he's actually undervalued by most experts here on the trade market.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I don't especially want him either but I'm just spitballing proposals. Seems like Beaulieu could potentially be the odd man out in Montreal, and if you acquire Kulikov, it's one less guy you have to protect in the upcoming draft. I don't think there's much between them talent wise (if Kulikov is finally healthy). The biggest thing we need (besides help on the back end) is both size and talent on the wings.
I doubt that Bergevin pays the price to acquire top end talent so I went with something I thought he may try as he's dealt with Buffalo in the past.

There is a great framework on this team but we need a couple more parts. Ideally I would want Landeskog for the lineup. He seems to be the perfect fit on a number of levels. He's young and signed to a very fair contract. He's a captain of an NHL team so oozes character and leadership- two things that Bergevin loves. He's physical, a true power forward, and someone that would give the Habs two top lines.

So I'll propose (again):

To Colorado: Nathan Beaulieu, Noah Juulsen, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, David Desharnais

To Montreal: Gabriel Landeskog (with some salary retained), Mikhail Grigorenko

Why they do it - The Avs are looking for help on the back end and get a solid young player that can play with the club right away and help out, while also getting a future shutdown defenseman and a 1st round pick. Desharnais is merely a throw in for the cap.

The Habs need depth on the wing, while Lehkonen looks to be a gem in the making, he's not quite there yet. Adding two young guys with size and talent helps the Habs now and in the future without giving up their most talented prospect. During the offseason you can leave Plekanec unprotected or deal him and Griogerenko becomes your third line Center.

Then make a deal for a depth defenseman, I like the idea of Seidenberg. Veteran guy that can play either side. Could be had for a second rounder.

2016 Playoff Lineup:

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Landeskog - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Grigorenko - Mitchell

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Seidenberg - Pateryn/Nesterov

Price
Montoya

2017 Regular Season Lineup

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Lehkonen - Grigorenko - Shaw
Byron - McCarron - Mitchell

Emelin - Weber
Sergachev - Petry
Markov - Pateryn/Nesterov

Price
Montoya

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but Pierre Houde was on the radio this morning and the subject was, being in Colorado, obviously about the trade rumours surrounding the team. Houde mentioned that from what he hears, not only would Sakic like to trade both Landeskog and Duchene, but that he'd prefer it be done in the same trade.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but Pierre Houde was on the radio this morning and the subject was, being in Colorado, obviously about the trade rumours surrounding the team. Houde mentioned that from what he hears, not only would Sakic like to trade both Landeskog and Duchene, but that he'd prefer it be done in the same trade.

No way that'd be doable unless both Galchenyuk and Sergachev were involved, or Galchenyuk and Gallagher.

Which would kind of defeat the purpose of going for one or the other.

Don't see why Sakic would want to trade both at the same time. It's already hard as it is to move salary around, why make it even harder by moving two big contracts simultaneously? Only reason why I think he'd want to move both together is to go after a really big fish on defense. A guy like OEL, maybe.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No way that'd be doable unless both Galchenyuk and Sergachev were involved, or Galchenyuk and Gallagher.

Don't see why Sakic would want to trade both at the same time. It's already hard as it is to move salary around, why make it even harder by moving two big contracts simultaneously? Only reason why I think he'd want to move both together is to go after a really big fish on defense. A guy like OEL, maybe.

I agree. It might be Sakic's preference, but teams are unwilling to give up what Sakic is asking for any one of these player, let alone both.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Duchene and Landeskog costs way too much in cap.

If we trade Plekanec, do we have the space?

Assuminh Plek, Serg, 1st pick as a starter, wed need to add at least one big piece thats still young.

Obviously they want Gallagher, but im not giving him up. Same sentiment towards Lekhonen.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

OEL makes sense for them, yes. With Mack, Rantanen and Jost they can afford it. Makes them a much better team.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
OEL makes sense for them, yes. With Mack, Rantanen and Jost they can afford it. Makes them a much better team.

Can they?

I mean, it's not like Rantanen is established, and Jost hasn't even played in the NHL yet. Plus, MacKinnon has been somewhat stagnating after a phenomenal rookie season, although a lot of that could be attributed to poor team environment. It's kind of the equivalent of us saying we can afford to move Weber because we have Petry, Beaulieu and Sergachev coming up.

Still, this is a team that went from having a ton of riches up front, to being rather thin. And if they move both Landeskog and Duchene for a defenseman, while they may solve their issues on defense, they'll create an even bigger hole on the offense.

First Stastny and O'Reilly, then Duchene and Landeskog... No team generates top 6 talents at a good enough rate to replace all these talented guys that are leaving [or will leave] the organization.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Sergachev + McCarron + Juulsen + Andrighetto + 1st 17 + 1st 18 + 2nd 18 + Desharnais + Plekanec

Would that be enough for both of them (without giving up a roster player)?

But it would completely decimate our prospect pool :laugh:

Pacioretty - Duchene - Radulov
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Flynn - Mitchell - McCarron

This might be the best top 12 in the league

But I really doubt we try to get both of them because that would likely mean that we wont be able to resign Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad