Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
. But come summertime, MB might take it more relaxed and his interest in Duchene might dwindle.

Or come summertime, Emelin is moving his ass to Vegas, MB looks at the UFA LD and tells "WTF, there's realy nothing there? Oh yeah we have one prospect maybe more valuable than all theses" ;)

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
It depends if the trade will have immediate roster implications or not. I don't think many people will complain about losing Sergachev, Scherbak and a first, even if that is an overpayment.

You don't think many people will complain about that?
LoL
Not sure if you're serious or sarcastic, but that's overpayment
Sergachev should be untouchable unless the return rocks Bergie's world
And Duchene is not it

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
He is 5'11 and 195lbs...

DD is 5'5 around 160lbs...............

Sure, pretty close...talent wise it's a wash too!! Maybe the Avs will just make a quick swap!!

I like the way you think, pick up the phone and see if you can make it happen

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The trade right now is Galchenyuk for Joe Thornton and a 2nd.

You might think it's crazy, but Bergevin is working on it and the Sharks are just trying to get a little extra.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007

You might think it's crazy, but Bergevin is working on it and the Sharks are just trying to get a little extra.

If your troll proposal would ever,by some universal disbalance- come true- MB should not only be fired but lock himself in his home for fear of being lynched.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007

Add in Vlasic and you've got yourself a deal!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Just realized Duchene is 61.1 % in the facoffs this season :amazed:

He was 58% last season

That would help us a lot

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Can't believe I'm actually putting this out there but at right price do you take a guy like Chara?

Apparently 6.9 mil cap this year, 4 mil next year and his time is done.

At right price I think he'd add something to the backend for sure.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Can't believe I'm actually putting this out there but at right price do you take a guy like Chara?

Apparently 6.9 mil cap this year, 4 mil next year and his time is done.

At right price I think he'd add something to the backend for sure.

Not a chance in hell. 7 million cap hit for a Done player. We need offence more specifically centres
Not some almost 40year old pilon. Have you watched bruins games? Their D is horrific and he's one of the reasons. Chars is a HOF player but like Iginla, he's finished

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Not a chance in hell. 7 million cap hit for a Done player. We need offence more specifically centres
Not some almost 40year old pilon. Have you watched bruins games? Their D is horrific and he's one of the reasons. Chars is a HOF player but like Iginla, he's finished

He's actually not finished(albeit not in his prime by any stretch of the imagination) and his cap this year is irrelevant as we'd only cover a portion. His cap next year is 4 mil.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Chara is slow and isn't as proficient at moving the puck as he once was, so no. I'd rather try to poach from a team struggling with the expansion draft.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He's actually not finished(albeit not in his prime by any stretch of the imagination) and his cap this year is irrelevant as we'd only cover a portion. His cap next year is 4 mil.

No his cap is 6.9. Maybe his salary is 4. Cap number never changes. Not a chance at 7 million
Ok I just saw his cap hit is 4 million next year. How's that possible? Cap is always Amount of contract divided by years
How is year 7 only 4 million?

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
No his cap is 6.9. Maybe his salary is 4. Cap number never changes. Not a chance at 7 million
Ok I just saw his cap hit is 4 million next year. How's that possible? Cap is always Amount of contract divided by years
How is year 7 only 4 million?

It's some rule that applied to 40+ year old players apparently.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
How about a deal with Buffalo?

To Buffalo: Nathan Beaulieu and a 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Dmitry Kulikov and Marcus Foligno

Sabres get a former 1st rounder with talent and a pick, while the Habs get a Russian defenseman that's been injured and is a UFA to be. Adds depth for a playoff run, while Foligno gives the Habs a guy with size that can wear down opposing defensemen and make life miserable for other teams.

Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Foligno - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Kulikov - Nesterov/Pateryn

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Sabres get a former 1st rounder with talent and a pick, while the Habs get a Russian defenseman that's been injured and is a UFA to be. Adds depth for a playoff run, while Foligno gives the Habs a guy with size that can wear down opposing defensemen and make life miserable for other teams.

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry

Beaulieu > Kulikov, why would we do this?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
At the same time, teams' offers in the summer might not be as good as they are right now. MB might be tempted to go all in this season and give his team a huge boost by acquiring Duchene and pony up Sergachev as part of the deal. But come summertime, MB might take it more relaxed and his interest in Duchene might dwindle.

I think the TDL is more suited for rental deals, and duchene is certainly not a rental. A duchene type deal would be more geared towards being a hockey deal, which I believe is way more likely to occur in the summer than it is at the TDL.

I'd say the chances to find a better hockey deal at the TDL as opposed to the summer is pretty slim, and any GM looking to get him is looking to keep him for at least another two seasons when his contract is up.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry

Giving up a defenseman for another defenseman is not adding depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events