Not open for further replies.

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
A couple of trades that may work...

Galchenyuk + Davey

for

Duschene + Inginla

Duschene much more established will finally give us number one center...Galch tons of upside and younger...he gets fresh start...he will never flourish under MT. Davey for Inginla is a right off...Inginla may help us with leadership and toughness.

Beauliu and Shaw

for

Eberle + Hendricks

Eberle could give us some offensive punch from the right side and Hendricks can add some sand paper to our fourth line and help us in the shootout. Shaw hasn't fit in Montreal...I think he is still a very useful player. Beauliu could really shine in Edmonton.

Pleks and 2nd round pick

for

Alec Martinez

Pleks could be there shut down center...moving carter into more of a offensive role...Martinez plays a two way game and Kings have put him on the block recently...we probably have to add a prospect as well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kings have absolutely not put Martinez on the block at any point this season. If anything, they'd move Muzzin.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but Pierre Houde was on the radio this morning and the subject was, being in Colorado, obviously about the trade rumours surrounding the team. Houde mentioned that from what he hears, not only would Sakic like to trade both Landeskog and Duchene, but that he'd prefer it be done in the same trade.

Well if the Habs can add these two character types with huge talent, to their already potent core group, their odds go up greatly in being a potential SC champion. Depends upon what players are lost in the swap, Plekanec($7 mil.) is their best faceoff/two way center, no doubt, but that's for Duchene's($6 mil.) salary. The Landeskog(LW-$5.57 mil.) will require Desharnais($3.5mil.), Beaulieu($1 mil.)or Flynn($900,000) and the extra $1 mil. from Plekanec salary. Then it's the prospects & picks to make the trade work, (Sergachev negates Beaulieu), Sakic will want Lehkonen(LW)+ JDLR(LW/C)or McCarron(C/RW)[The Habs might be wise to add draft picks instead of losing all their quality prospects, leaving the cupboard bare in St.John's IMHO].Heavy price to pay if that doesn't bring the Habs the Stanley Cup, IMHO. Habs will have to move either Emelin or Beaulieu before the Expansion Draft, in this scenario. Also losing one of Lehkonen/McCarron is a huge loss in the Top Nine, going forward. If somehow they could move one of Emelin*($4mil.)/Beaulieu + Scherbak for Fowler(Anaheim), they are still faced with losing a Top Four Dman in the ED. Either Beaulieu for Hanzal (Ariz.) or Fisher(Nash.preferably if losing Plekanec IMHO.) giving the Habs some very good faceoff centers, despite losing one of the best two way centers in the NHL in Plekanec, IMHO.(Duchene, Danault, Hanzal/Fisher, Mitchell are all very capable in the faceoff circle.)Tonight the Habs only center to have a 50% faceoff average was Plekanec, this is a very significant stat. for any teams hopes in the playoffs. Here's hoping that the Habs are focusing upon practicing with Carbonneau, learning a few pointers in changing this deficiency, in time for the playoffs.

That's a lot to digest in a few trades, trying to solve all the salary cap issues, besides acquiring high quality depth in key positions, the Habs lose many if not most of our NHL ready prospects. Hoping they don't have any key injuries in the post season, as St.John's will be depleted like Hamilton was four yrs. ago, every time the Habs had an injury, they needed to make a trade.

Duchene and Landeskog costs way too much in cap.

If we trade Plekanec, do we have the space?

Assuminh Plek, Serg, 1st pick as a starter, wed need to add at least one big piece thats still young.

Obviously they want Gallagher, but im not giving him up. Same sentiment towards Lekhonen.

The Habs will be giving up quite a bit to make the big splash, that will make them the favorite team going into the playoffs, as every elite SC contender has each year.

Sergachev + McCarron + Juulsen + Andrighetto + 1st 17 + 1st 18 + 2nd 18 + Desharnais + Plekanec

Would that be enough for both of them (without giving up a roster player)?

But it would completely decimate our prospect pool :laugh:

Pacioretty - Duchene - Radulov
Landeskog - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Flynn - Mitchell - McCarron

This might be the best top 12 in the league

But I really doubt we try to get both of them because that would likely mean that we wont be able to resign Price

The Habs will sign Price, don't worry about that.

Alex Galchenyuk for John Tavares.

Dreaming, no way NYI's trade Tavares he's the face of their franchise, their fans would want Garth Snow's head on a plate.

I'd be all in for Landeskog and Duchesne if I was MB. Both are young, signed long term and fill a need. But realistically, we'd have to give up a lot.

My take:
Sergachev, Gallagher, plekanec, sherbak/mccarron/fucale/lindgren, first and second round pick.

Plekanec is mostly for salary purpose, but Colorado can get value out of him at the trade deadline or next year.

The proposal starts with sergachev since he's the one Colorado is targeting the most.

Biggest piece would be Gallagher, which value is pretty close to GL. He'd fit right along with them for the next 5 years.

Col also needs a goalie prospect, i bet they'd be please with Lindgren. McCarron and sherbak are our best offensive prospects, they can take one of em.

And they get a first and second this year.

Plus it all fits salary wise.

Do it MB !

I'm quite positive Bergevin intends to be looking to bring the SC home to the Mecca of hockey this spring, it's going to be very festive in good old Montreal in June, if Bergy has his way, at least that's all Habs fans hopes, IMHO!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but Pierre Houde was on the radio this morning and the subject was, being in Colorado, obviously about the trade rumours surrounding the team. Houde mentioned that from what he hears, not only would Sakic like to trade both Landeskog and Duchene, but that he'd prefer it be done in the same trade.

:laugh:

Yeah, he can't wait to settle for a lesser return just to ship them both out to the same team. Houde should think before he utters a word.

Mattyb

May 18, 2009
To MTL:
Duchene
3rd 2019

To COL:
Sergachev
Plekanec
Hudon
2017 1st

Sergachev is hard to part with but he is still a wile card at this point, do roll the dice.
Plekanec is an equal value salary going the other way, hold value for COL next year
Hudon B level prospect, possible he is taken by LV.

Duchene 1st/2nd line center we desperately need.

TO Mtl:
Oduya
Roussel

TO Dal:
Desharnais
Andrighetto
2017 2nd round pick (WSH)
2018 2nd round pick (WSH)
2018 3rd round pick (MTL)

Desharnais, For Cap Reason UFA at end of year
Andrighetto Has some Potential, but not under MT
2nd Wash + 3rd Mtl for Oduya
2nd Wash + Andrighetto for Roussel

Oduya Adds experience to blueline UFA end of year.
Roussel Adds some jam and scoring to the Third line.

Patches - Duchene - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Chucky - Radulov
Roussel - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn
Extra: Carr

Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Oduya
extra: Nestrov, Pateryn

Price
Montoya

(according to Cap friendly this leaves us with just under 1 million in cap space for the rest of the year)

I do not believe MT will be fired (at least not mid season) so if MB is unwilling to fire his coach he needs to improve the roster enough that they will win in spite of the coach.

Mattyb

May 18, 2009
I'm aware that people do not want to trade Sergachev, but we are about 3 years away from a POSSIBLE rebuild which would allow you to recoup assets (by trading Patches and Duchene if we are re building).

If you trade for Duchene and it doesn't work out you can trade him in a 1.5-2 years for a Similar asset to Sergachev.

pl4tinum

Feb 21, 2012
I guess I'm not understanding why everyone keeps posting lineups that have Lehkonen on the second line. Is that just because we have no good LWs beyond Patches or is that because they think he should be on the second line?

Mattyb

May 18, 2009
I guess I'm not understanding why everyone keeps posting lineups that have Lehkonen on the second line. Is that just because we have no good LWs beyond Patches or is that because they think he should be on the second line?

Personally I think a little of both. We really do not have a true 2nd line LW better than Lehkonen , and honestly do not see one available for secondary assets that I would feel would be a large enough upgrade to trade for. I also think Lehkonen could fit the roll fine, games earlier in the year when we where healthy I though he played well and shows signs of being able to play that spot in the line up.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
I cant stand our ****** offense. Give Joe what he wants

Landeskog et Duchene

for

Plekanec-DD ( cap purpose and replacement this year in their line up )
Sergachev- McCarron - Scherbak - Fucale - Juulsen
1 pick 2017 - 1 pick 2018 - 1 pick 2019

do we need to add more?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I wouldn't oppose to trading any of the team's prospects/picks at this point if it means getting young established talent. Hard to trust this team's development and the window is closing.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Landeskog et Duchene

for

do we need to add more?

The irony is that Duchene and Landeskog were considered to be the core, building blocks of Colorado and have helped lead them to last place int he NHL. So we trade, almost literally, our entire farm teams top prospects AND an additional 3 1sts!

Words cannot explain my shoack and utter amazement at this proposal. :facepalm:

hockey31

Jul 24, 2012

Landeskog et Duchene

for

do we need to add more?

By chance any HFBoards emotive members about the results of last few games are GM of this team!

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012

Landeskog et Duchene

for

do we need to add more?

just do it

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Landeskog et Duchene

for

do we need to add more?

Definition of panic moves...

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
It's feeling to me we should be sellers (based on how we've played the last month or so), not blow the team up craziness but trade a few veterans, give some younger players from the farm team a chance and go from there. I know it has no chance of happening but this isn't feeling like it's our year.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Can't afford to sell this trade deadline. Can't afford to lose McCarron or Sergachev either.

Can trade maybe Scherbak and Juulsen, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->