Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Well I'm not one to hang my hat on the words of "The Ghost" but I'll play along. Why do we need a small, soft LW? Druin is NOT Panarin, he's not shown to be dominate and I don't think he's worth bending over backwards to fit into a lineup that has other needs that signing him will prevent you from filling.

I said in my post that you're responding to it's not that the Habs can't do it. I'm sure they can. It's that Druin is not worth it for this team imo.

We'd be better off with RNH, Fowler, Leddy Duchene etc etc etc. So many other players that would be such a better fit to spend that money on, that I just don't get the love for Druin.
I have a higher opinion of Drouin then you, therefore I'd be willing to pay a little more to get him then you. I wouldn't say I'm the hugest fan of his, it's just taking advantages of circumstances is what interests me.

Would you be willing to chase after Eberle if the price was right?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vatanen is a RD though which we have no need for. The LD is the need and I'd be surprised if they move Fowler as much as I'd be surprised with Lindholm.

It's a tricky situation to be in and I'm not sure Anaheim needs to make that decision this year anyways as long as Depres stays on the shelf, they can stay under they're self imposed salary cap. Off season will likely be the time they move though Bergevin's been in constant contact so I guess we'll see how that plays out.

Well they're not going to move someone just because we want them to as fans lol.

They'll probably trade Vatanen. That's what I'm guessing. They'll end up keeping Fowler, Lindholm and Manson as their defensemen.

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Theodore
Larsson-Bieksa
Montour

Detroit only has one RHD on their roster (well, two when Jensen is in the lineup, one when Marchenko is in), so there's a match there.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If you talk Tavares, you need to talk Galchenyuk. You don't want to ? End the talk.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If you talk Tavares, you need to talk Galchenyuk. You don't want to ? End the talk.

It's really as simple as that. The idea that the Islanders would even think of trading Tavares and we wouldn't have to include Galchenyuk in that deal is hilarious.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014

Yep pretty much. I would end the talk. Some people around here may do that deal as Tavares is the superior player. However, at the end of the day it is a high risk and even if he does resign, it could cripple our cap depending on his demands. Not to mention the Islanders ask probably wouldn't stop at Galchenyuk and picks. They would probably want another big piece which absolutely would not be worth it IMO.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Islanders are only 5 points out of a PO spot with 3 games in hand. Why would they trade Tavares? There's a lot of hockey left , they may even be buyers at the TDL if they keep climbing in the standings.

The only teams that are 100% sellers are Arizona and Colorado.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Two trades:

Trade 1:

To Montreal: Gabriel Landeskog

To Colorado: Mikhail Sergachev, 2017 1st, David Desharnais

Trade 2:

To Montreal: Dennis Seidenberg

To NY Islanders: 2017 2nd round pick

The playoff roster looks like:

Landeskog - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - McCarron - Mitchell

If Markov's healthy:

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Seidenberg

If Markov's hurt:

Emelin - Weber
Seidenberg - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Two trades:

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

If Markov's healthy:

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Seidenberg

If Markov's hurt:

Emelin - Weber
Seidenberg - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

I can get behind this for sure.

Would be nice to get Landeskog without losing Sergachev but it's inevitable IMO.

I'm not that sure about BigMac but maybe at the end of the season he will be ready.

Byron-Mitchell-Flynn would be my guess.

And yes, Bergy should definitely go after Seidenberg. Cheap , experience and ability to play on both sides make him a good target.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

There is a difference in value between a guy like Tavares signed long term vs Tavares who is UFA in a few seasons. No way in hell any team gives a top young center in the NHL for a guy who is UFA very soon!

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I can totally see Landeskog being the primary target out of Colorado.

Adds so much more than just consistent points

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I have a higher opinion of Drouin then you, therefore I'd be willing to pay a little more to get him then you. I wouldn't say I'm the hugest fan of his, it's just taking advantages of circumstances is what interests me.

Would you be willing to chase after Eberle if the price was right?

Im with you...i would pay ALOT for drouin. I wish we had of found a way to scoop him up when his value was low and we sucked...but i guess there just wasn't really anything to part with that would help tampa in win now mode.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Two trades:

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

If Markov's healthy:

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Seidenberg

If Markov's hurt:

Emelin - Weber
Seidenberg - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

I think you end up regretting Landeskog for Sergachev almost immediately.

Landeskog has been on a steady decline for the past four years. I'm not sure Landeskog is playing at a high enough level to justify the trade for Montreal. You're pretty much hoping you getting 2013-14 Landeskog, the Pacioretty like player with more grit but less of a shot, rather than the current Landeskog, which is more like a bigger, Andrew Shaw that plays tougher minutes.

That roster doesn't really push the needle enough for what you give up. I'd rather go after a Hanzal or a Vanek. Or even a Korpikoski, Burrows or Gionta.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Yep pretty much. I would end the talk. Some people around here may do that deal as Tavares is the superior player. However, at the end of the day it is a high risk and even if he does resign, it could cripple our cap depending on his demands. Not to mention the Islanders ask probably wouldn't stop at Galchenyuk and picks. They would probably want another big piece which absolutely would not be worth it IMO.

Pretty much

Yes Tavares is better than Galchenyuk but what it would take in addition to Galchenyuk is not worth the difference between the two. And don't kid yourselkf it would likely take a 1st + another top prospect + maybe another lesser piece.

Essentially including Galchenyuk in a package for Tavares is counter productive. What MB need to do is to add another top 2 center to play behind Chucky. If you trade Chucky for Tavares you are basically only benefiting from a small upgrade a 1st C while the rest of the holes (2nd C , top 4 LD) still stay unfilled.

Unless that guy is DD or Plekanec , the Habs need to build a package around some prospects (McCarron , Scherbak , Juulsen , Sergachev , 1st etc) to land a bonafide not too old top 6 center. This is how we are gonna improve the current roster. Yes our future would take a hit but if we go all in you go big or go home in the present imho

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Andrew Shaw plays centre. Great in the corners and in front of the net, very responsible two-way game. If Danault continues on his upward trajectory and keeps up the chemistry with our top wingers... Desharnais comes back to add to the depth... McCarron, Mitchell, DeLaRose and Galchenyuk will likely be healthy...

Maybe the time is ripe to move Tomas Plekanec for a first+prospect? Add to the next wave of players coming up in the system.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I think you end up regretting Landeskog for Sergachev almost immediately.

Landeskog has been on a steady decline for the past four years. I'm not sure

He has been a consistent 20 g 50-60 point winger since he broke into the league. What are you talking about?

He is also only 24 years old. Just entering his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad