Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I spoke to a friend who’s in the know. Bergevin is back from vacation today Monday. Things should pickup soon with Pacioretty. Also there’s some talk in her office that Molson wants to replace Bergevin with Martin Brodeur.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I’d be happy if we could get one of Makar / Clague / Hague , in that order, with a pick. Makar probably untouchable, but if the Avs are trying to make a playoff push again then Pacioretty would be a great pick up for them. Need some high end LD prospects badly after getting rid of Sergachev

Before all the Pacioretty haters undervalue him, he’s been one of the best goal scorers in the league for the past 5 years and is in his prime. If that can’t land someone a top prospect and a pick I dunno what does.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
maxy is a hab this year, for sure

I would not agree it's for sure but the probability he starts the year with us and is trading somewhere from Nov/Dec to the deadline is high IMO. But I think the probability of Patch starting the year with us is very high. I hope I am wrong and if I am wrong, I also hope we didn't move him cause "we had to" and we get a shitty return

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
maxy is a hab this year, for sure

I would be extremely surprised if Pacioretty is a Habs this season.

You tried to trade him already and it was almost done at the draft. No way you want to bring the captain back and deal with this situation during camp.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
What would it take for Montreal to pry Josh Morrissey out of Winnipeg?
Love to snag Morrissey, but with Myers and possibly Trouba gone after this year, I'm sure they'll want to keep him around.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
hopefully they can move Pac at some point soon. If not the Hawks maybe the Pens if we take on some salary,

Pens -
Pac (50% retained)
Byron

Habs -
1st (2019)
Sprong
Almeida

Last edited:
Reactions: CapSpace

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
hopefully they can move Pac at some point soon. If not the Hawks maybe the Pens if we take on some salary,

Pens -
Pac (50% retained)
Byron

Habs -
1st (2019)
Sprong
Almeida

Pens would save around 1.5M in cap space.

Not bad , fans would be livid if that was the return tho

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd be more then happy if we got a 1st for Pac, so badly want extra 1st rounders.

Agreed, my target would be a 1st. I'm ok with a 1st and a 2nd for Patch. If it was me, I'd also put another future conditional 2nd if he re-signs. Trying to get a grade A prospect or already proven NHL player is a fools dream at this stage. Go for the 1st and 2nd round picks

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Pens -
Pac (50% retained)
Byron

Habs -
1st (2019)
Sprong
Almeida
I would be upset with that. Pacioretty easily gets a 1st+ and Byron and 2nd.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Vegas has still not signed RFA Shea Theodore what would you offer for Theodore ....Mete and Scherbak.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
What we badly needed last year is the REAL captain of this team.

Et j'ai nommé

ANDREI MARKOV

It's too late now, Bergevin got greedy and he broke the link between the organisation and one of its greatest dman ever because he didn't want to give him 2 years instead of 1... Markov easily deserved that. He was the real captain of this team.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
As we see when Bergevin tries to sign UFAs, there's little interest in top players to come to Montreal now, unless we overpay (Alzner).

It's unfortunate that things have deteriorated so much between Patches and Bergevin because Patches seems to want to stay in Montreal... rare nowadays.

Most here would trade Byron also and he's another that wants to stay.

For many reasons, Chucky wanted to leave and he's now gone. Fine.

Lets try to keep the players who want to stay and add through the draft. Trade those who don't want to be here.

What I don't get however is that Bergevin said in an interview with Pierre Houde that only 5 players had good attitudes last year... but only Chucky is gone. Bergevin's excuse doesn't seem to be justified now.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

John B

Nov 19, 2016

Pens -
Pac (50% retained)
Byron

Habs -
1st (2019)
Sprong
Almeida
I like the ideal of targeting Pittsburgh's first rounder. They are a team that seem to struggle early last season and IMO they are one major injury away from being a playoff bubble team or a first round exit from the playoffs. Matt Murray, Casey DeSmith, and Tristan Jarry is their goaltending depth. If Murray were to go down, there isn't a lot of experience after him.
I would probably tweek the trade a bit because the Pens only have a little over 1M in cap space according to capfriendly.com.

Pacioretty (50% retained)
for
1st 2019
Carl Hagelin
Filip Hallander

Habs take on Hagelin's bloated contract for the one season and instead of getting two solid prospects they get one good prospect along with the 1st.

Reactions: bsl

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So badly that you'd include Paul Byron in the deal, who he himself, could get a 1st rounder at the deadline?

I don't see Byron getting a 1st as a rental, would be shocked if that happens although it would be great for us. But that's a 1st plus another 1st in Sprong and a good late round pick who impressed me a lot as a teammate of Brook's.

I like the ideal of targeting Pittsburgh's first rounder. They are a team that seem to struggle early last season and IMO they are one major injury away from being a playoff bubble team or a first round exit from the playoffs. Matt Murray, Casey DeSmith, and Tristan Jarry is their goaltending depth. If Murray were to go down, there isn't a lot of experience after him.
I would probably tweek the trade a bit because the Pens only have a little over 1M in cap space according to capfriendly.com.

Pacioretty (50% retained)
for
1st 2019
Carl Hagelin
Filip Hallander

Habs take on Hagelin's bloated contract for the one season and instead of getting two solid prospects they get one good prospect along with the 1st.

Funny but I was actually looking at taking on Hagelin's contract since the Pens are so up against the cap already. I also looked at getting Hallander but I thought they might balk at that since he was just drafted. I know Pens fans on the trade board were saying they need LW's so I thought Byron being a cheap solid 3rd line option for a playoff team would be a good add for them and he isn't expected to miss more then a few games.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What about Brassard from the Pens?

would they look to dump him for some cap? Would probably be our best C at this point.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Max
Poehling

For

Seguin

Dallas hangs up rather easily .If Dallas cant keep seguin they are in deep trouble and the only reason they would want patches anyways would be if seguin would stay. They are going to have a huge hole down the middle if they traded seguin for a winger , Spezza is already a shell of his former self and if they lose seguin on top of that their C depth might be worst off than ours.

Kotka would have to go the other way 10000% for this type of deal to work

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: