Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
hopefully they can move Pac at some point soon. If not the Hawks maybe the Pens if we take on some salary,

Pens -
Pac (50% retained)
Byron

Habs -
1st (2019)
Sprong
Almeida

i do that in a heart beat. Sprong looks like a guy who can drive offense on his own, no clue about almeida, he has one of the oddest stats progression ever... the 1st obviously to me is an exiting pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
i do that in a heart beat. Sprong looks like a guy who can drive offense on his own, no clue about almeida, he has one of the oddest stats progression ever... the 1st obviously to me is an exiting pick.
Yeah a team that has Crosby, Malkin and Kessel will definitely have a late 1st. 100% not worth it.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Yeah a team that has Crosby, Malkin and Kessel will definitely have a late 1st. 100% not worth it.
i mean who else think could offer up a good young player along a lower 1st? Malkin and crosby dealt with alot of injuries, Murray was injured last season... Penguins have been sketchy the past 3 seasons, even the year they won the cup, they keep having up and downs, 1 or 2 injuries could realy mess them up in my opinion, especially with the east becoming a force. i would gamble any time with that package.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
i mean who else think could offer up a good young player along a lower 1st? Malkin and crosby dealt with alot of injuries, Murray was injured last season... Penguins have been sketchy the past 3 seasons, even the year they won the cup, they keep having up and downs, 1 or 2 injuries could realy mess them up in my opinion, especially with the east becoming a force. i would gamble any time with that package.
Many teams would have a lower 1st. Penguins won the cup back to back and just lost to the cup champs, they are still a real cup contender. I'd rather gamble on a team like Vegas. Pacioretty should get us at least a 1st+ and Byron 2nd+.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Dallas hangs up rather easily .If Dallas cant keep seguin they are in deep trouble and the only reason they would want patches anyways would be if seguin would stay. They are going to have a huge hole down the middle if they traded seguin for a winger , Spezza is already a shell of his former self and if they lose seguin on top of that their C depth might be worst off than ours.

Kotka would have to go the other way 10000% for this type of deal to work
Gave you your 2000th "like". You deserve it :sarcasm:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Dallas hangs up rather easily .If Dallas cant keep seguin they are in deep trouble and the only reason they would want patches anyways would be if seguin would stay. They are going to have a huge hole down the middle if they traded seguin for a winger , Spezza is already a shell of his former self and if they lose seguin on top of that their C depth might be worst off than ours.

Kotka would have to go the other way 10000% for this type of deal to work

I should have said i was drinking when I posted that. ;)

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

yea I like Sprong and Almeida just impressed me when watching Brook, I thought we might pick him.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Hi guys. My friend said Calgary is interested in Pacioretty. She’s correct so far so this could be happening soon.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Many teams would have a lower 1st. Penguins won the cup back to back and just lost to the cup champs, they are still a real cup contender. I'd rather gamble on a team like Vegas. Pacioretty should get us at least a 1st+ and Byron 2nd+.
Vegas has 14 forward listed on the NHL roster. Hyka, Carr, Pirri and McKenzie, 4 capable NHL players are on the non roster list and only Tuch and Hyka are waiver exempt. It's a good situation to be in for Vegas, not sure what they are willing to trade for Pacioretty after their acquisition of Tatas last year. If I were them I would go for Karlsson.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Article over at EOTP makes a case of swapping one-year remaining deals...

Pacioretty to Dallas

Spezza, Janmark and Gurianov to Montreal

Spezza has negative value right now, but if he bounces back, he could be decent trade bait come TDL 2019.

Anyhow we’re not getting a top-10 2019 pick and a top prospect for Patches anymore.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

Pacioretty to Dallas

Spezza has negative value right now, but if he bounces back, he could be decent trade bait come TDL 2019.

Anyhow we’re not getting a top-10 2019 pick and a top prospect for Patches anymore.

Garbage deal, so sounds about right

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Pacioretty to Dallas

I’d rather resign him.

Reactions: DubDub

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Calgary and a western team are negotiating with us. Was told management wants to turn the page before training camp according to my friend.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Jesus christ, Buffalo has 3 first round picks this year? They already have an unreal prospect group as it is. I hate Buffalo :laugh:

in the I know it's never going to happen but I've been holding out hope that Price is back to his former self but MB gets fired and the new GM has a fire sale. The Sabers know they can't win without a goalie and if the Habs got creative and eat some cap which is very risky considering it would be for 7 more years after this season and of course Price will have to ok the move but the sabers might be a great fit for him while getting us a 1st rounder plus depending on how good he plays and how much cap we eat.

I know it's highly unlikely to happen, but they have the assets, they aren't a poor team, they badly need goaltending. But so many things need to happen and I get the feeling that MB is here to stay and no way is he trading his only real hope of turning this shit storm around.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
in the I know it's never going to happen but I've been holding out hope that Price is back to his former self but MB gets fired and the new GM has a fire sale. The Sabres know they can't win without a goalie and if the Habs got creative and eat some cap which is very risky considering it would be for 7 more years after this season and of course Price will have to ok the move but the Sabres might be a great fit for him while getting us a 1st rounder plus depending on how good he plays and how much cap we eat.

I know it's highly unlikely to happen, but they have the assets, they aren't a poor team, they badly need goaltending. But so many things need to happen and I get the feeling that MB is here to stay and no way is he trading his only real hope of turning this **** storm around.

If we are talking about Buffalo than I think it's Jeff Petry's name who will be floated more often than not. A Dahlin - Petry 2nd pairing would be really really good this year, and a Scandella - Petry 2nd pairing for the next few seasons is solid. As long as Juulsen auditions well during Weber's absence than I think Petry is an intriguing name to add some decent pieces through the rebuild.

Brendan Guhle and one of Buffalo's first rounders this year would be of interest to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad