Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
But Nash, JT Miller, Tatar, and Kane were not.

Kane was a huge gamble and Buffalo took what they could get after playing hardball all February.

However, Nash got a 1st. Tatar got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd with 1 yr left. JT Miller and McDonaugh got Namestnikov + 1st. Wingers can get 1sts, especially scoring wingers. None of the above wingers have hit 30 goals in the last 5 years, if at all.

You'll get a late 1st. And maybe a prospect. If that 1st was Beaudin, take it, because that addresses a need. Anisimov would move Drouin to the wing.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
You'll get a late 1st. And maybe a prospect. If that 1st was Beaudin, take it, because that addresses a need. Anisimov would move Drouin to the wing.

Again, if the trade was with CHI, I'd ask for Jokiharju instead of Beaudin because Beaudin is more of a project than the other, even if both Ds project as the same type of NHL D. Pacioretty for Anisimov and Jokiharju I would do since Anisimov would, as you say, return/move Drouin to the wing. and Jokiharju is a fine D prospect (albeit on the RD).

When Weber returns to the lineup, I would then trade Petry. I'd expect to get the most possible for him after a career offensive year last season and more points racked up as the de facto #1D while Weber is out.

Depth on the right side would be Weber - Jokiharju/Brook/Juulsen/Fleury, wherever the cards fall. One of those can surely play on the left side for a 3rd pairing if need be. You never have too many quality RDs.

We'd still need a LHD before Romanov steps up to make a case for himself, but I really don't think that Beaudin would have been the answer, even if he can quarterback the PP from the left side. Too many things to improve, including his skating to reach his potential.

I would have picked K'Andre Miller had I had the choice.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
On the Hawks board they are interested in Patches. A proposal which was well received was Forsling, one of their Russian prospects ( wingers ) and a 2nd in 2019 and 2020.

Even if you don't like the proposal it's something that's reasonable and it was nice not to hear a lot of crapping on the guy, they get what he is and isnt. These are fans whose team has won Cups, they aren't stupid. In contrast to fans of teams who don't want to give up any of their assets for pieces they need .

Reactions: Benjamin Dobert

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
On the Hawks board they are interested in Patches. A proposal which was well received was Forsling, one of their Russian prospects ( wingers ) and a 2nd in 2019 and 2020.

I think that would be a reasonable return. Forsling, Kayumov and 2 2nds. Though I would like a condition that if he resigns the 2020 becomes a 1st

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
This thread is dead, patches talks and rumors have gone completely silent. Can someone make up a BS rumor so we can talk about something ?

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
This thread is dead, patches talks and rumors have gone completely silent. Can someone make up a BS rumor so we can talk about something ?
Thing is, for such rumors to happen, we'd need interesting (to other teams) pieces to trade. Aside Pacioretty, only Gallagher might have a value that would yield positive return. Other players would be sold for low. This season will likely not be one of abundant rumors.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
for the sake of boredom and curiosity, what lottery teams would be willing to exchange this upcoming years first round picks with the habs, also what incentive would they add to sweeten the deal?
I.E detroit, would they swap and add one of the early picks from this years draft?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
As a pure rental, Pacioretty has value to a team that thinks they are scoring winger away from going deep in the playoffs and challenging for a Cup. There are two different teams for this; the ageing team looking for a last kick, or a few last kicks at the can (PITT, CHI, LA, ANA, ST-Louis) and younger teams on the rise with plenty of talented youngsters in the lineup and in the system.

Pacioretty also has value for a team with the GM on the hot seat because he has failed to make the playoffs with a roster that should have over the last couple of years (DAL, FLA, to name but a couple).

How much is a GM about to lose his job willing to pay for Pacioretty? How much is a GM desperate to have his name on the Cup willing to pay for Pacioretty before his core is done and the team needs to go through a serious rebuild that will take years and, most likely, along the way, a change of GMs if the transition isn't smooth?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
My concern is that now is not the time to move him. Seeing what Skinner got (yes I know he had a ntc) makes me worried that most teams are happy with what they have going into the season.

IMHO, the best thing that could happen is that Max has a great October, November and some teams struggle who are in a win-now mode (LA, ANA) and his value goes up.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I'll be the first to admit I'm not a Pacioretty fan but he could really bring in a bundle from a team on the bubble at the deadline. I'd angle for Dallas as they might have a pick in the mid teens. But Bergevin has to get at least a first Rd pick for him. The Jeff Skinner trade did him no favors

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I'll be the first to admit I'm not a Pacioretty fan but he could really bring in a bundle from a team on the bubble at the deadline. I'd angle for Dallas as they might have a pick in the mid teens. But Bergevin has to get at least a first Rd pick for him. The Jeff Skinner trade did him no favors
If he hasn't brought in a bundle by now... well... we'd better hope he doesn't suck as bad as last year.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We all know that Patches relied big on the PMDs to feed him the puck. We still have none. Even if we did CJ likes a short pass game.

Patches was clearly wrung out by everything last year. I think the guy did the Captain thing and talked to the media, didn't duck them and all, but emotionally this guy looked a wreck. To come back for more ?

And what stupid thing will MB do to Patches. I mean ok so he at no cost to him let's damsels in distress take an empty seat on a plane, but he has been an absolute A Hole miserable human being to his top players when he has taken a dislike to them. And this regardless of whether it hurts the team or a guys trade value, he will do it anyway. Maybe he strips Patches of the Captaincy which will just knock even more wind out of Patches.

I just think its likelier that Patches puts up numbers like last year than 30 plus goals.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We all know that Patches relied big on the PMDs to feed him the puck. We still have none. Even if we did CJ likes a short pass game.

Patches was clearly wrung out by everything last year. I think the guy did the Captain thing and talked to the media, didn't duck them and all, but emotionally this guy looked a wreck. To come back for more ?

And what stupid thing will MB do to Patches. I mean ok so he at no cost to him let's damsels in distress take an empty seat on a plane, but he has been an absolute A Hole miserable human being to his top players when he has taken a dislike to them. And this regardless of whether it hurts the team or a guys trade value, he will do it anyway. Maybe he strips Patches of the Captaincy which will just knock even more wind out of Patches.

I just think its likelier that Patches puts up numbers like last year than 30 plus goals.

I don't. He might not get 30 (but odds are he would, anyhow), but it won't be as bad as last year, unless Patches' mind is all messed up and he starts doing everything different to try and get out of last year's funk.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
My concern is that now is not the time to move him. Seeing what Skinner got (yes I know he had a ntc) makes me worried that most teams are happy with what they have going into the season.

IMHO, the best thing that could happen is that Max has a great October, November and some teams struggle who are in a win-now mode (LA, ANA) and his value goes up.

The best thing that could happen is that Pacioretty has a strong start to the season (but I don't think that this has ever been the case for him -- I could be wrong) and that, along the way, some team on the bubble has a serious injury to one of it's goal-scorers.

Reactions: smirob

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if the cap situation from a few teams can be something the Habs can take advantage of.

Wings:
- $82.7M cap hit with 21 players signed.
- All RFA players now singed but $2.7M over the cap
- Looks like Zetterberg will play one more year. Salary dropped from $7M last year to $3.35M this year but then $1M in the next two years.

Oilers:
- $74.5M in cap hit with 21 players signed
- $4.9M in cap space but Nurse yet to sign.
- Tight but possible to fit Nurse and another depth player in for a 23 man roster.

Ducks:
- $70.7M in cap hit with 19 players signed
- $8.7M in cap space with Ritchie and Kase as RFA's yet to sign.
- Tight but possible to fit Ritchie, Kase, and two depth players in for a 23 man roster

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Time to target Chiarelli & hope he bites in a bit of a panic move...

Losing Sekera hurts, and puts Nurse in the driver seat in their negotiations, while putting a big hole at LD....

Option 1
To Edm
Patches, Shaw, Schlemko

To Mtl
RNH, 1st, Lucic

Option 2
To Edm
Patches, Byron, Alzner

To Mtl
RNH, 1st, Lucic

Both let us upgrade at C, add 1st...

Both give them upgrade/speed at W, drop lucy & add LDdepth...

I know many hate idea of Lucy, but he's only marginally less useful than shaw/Alzner & reuniting with Julien posits the possibility of a resurgence...
At worst he's an overoaid 4th liner who give us at least one large frame guy with hands to play PPminutes

An Oilers first is always a good bet, and RNH imo is the ideal stop -gap "#1" C to bring JKO & Poehling up under...

Domi - RNH - Scherbak
Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Plekanec - Armia
Lucic - JDR - Hudon/Shaw/Byron

Mete - Petry (Weber)
Alzner/Benn - Juulsen (Petry)
Benn/Schlemko - Reilly (Juulsen)

I'd enjoy watching that group most nights... Provided Price is all-world again lol

Especially knowing we've got two 2019 firsts + Poehling/ JKO/ Ylonen & others on the way up over next 2-4 years.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Losing Sekera hurts, and puts Nurse in the driver seat in their negotiations, while putting a big hole at LD....

Option 1
To Edm
Patches, Shaw, Schlemko

To Mtl
RNH, 1st, Lucic

Option 2
To Edm
Patches, Byron, Alzner

To Mtl
RNH, 1st, Lucic

I know many hate idea of Lucy, but he's only marginally less useful than shaw/Alzner & reuniting with Julien posits the possibility of a resurgence...
At worst he's an overoaid 4th liner who give us at least one large frame guy with hands to play PPminutes

An Oilers first is always a good bet, and RNH imo is the ideal stop -gap "#1" C to bring JKO & Poehling up under...

Domi - RNH - Scherbak

Mete - Petry (Weber)

I'd enjoy watching that group most nights... Provided Price is all-world again lol

Especially knowing we've got two 2019 firsts + Poehling/ JKO/ Ylonen & others on the way up over next 2-4 years.
I like the first deal for us the best. I can live with 4 more years of Alzner, since I believe the rebuild should take this long. I also think Byron has more value than Shaw, but I might be wrong.

I would also flip RNH and retain 50%. A 25 years old center putting 50 points at 3mil for the next 3 seasons would fetch close to what Duchene did. So we are at least looking at a Lucic, 2 1st, 1 very good prospect, B prospect and another draft pick kind of return.

I just dont think we should insert 2 quality players in the lineup, because we should be tanking for a few more years. Play McCarron, Rychel, Deslauriers and DLR a lot.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Anyone trade our 1st next year to Sens for Duchene? It’s less than what they paid for him but gets them a 1st and is a center to add to Kotkaniemi and Poehling. Plus we’ll likely get another 1st for patches so we still have a 1st rounder though later on.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Anyone trade our 1st next year to Sens for Duchene? It’s less than what they paid for him but gets them a 1st and is a center to add to Kotkaniemi and Poehling. Plus we’ll likely get another 1st for patches so we still have a 1st rounder though later on.

Absolutely not. Zero interest in doing that whatsoever.

Theres a good chance our 1st is a top 10 pick, and it could very well be a top 5 pick... in a draft that is center heavy with lots of top end talent. We dont need Duchene. This team isnt competing in the short term. That window has slammed shut. We need to stockpile good young prospects and picks. Competing for the playoffs and looking to add established mid-career players shouldn't be in anybody's mind for at least the next 2-3 seasons.

Trading our first for one year of Duchene considering the situation were in right now is an unforgivable offence.

Reactions: Runner77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I really just think we should just ride out the year and flip assets at the deadline to help tank, and then next year ice ourselves a good young team.

Reactions: Runner77

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Absolutely not. Zero interest in doing that whatsoever.

Theres a good chance our 1st is a top 10 pick, and it could very well be a top 5 pick... in a draft that is center heavy with lots of top end talent. We dont need Duchene. This team isnt competing in the short term. That window has slammed shut. We need to stockpile good young prospects and picks. Competing for the playoffs and looking to add established mid-career players shouldn't be in anybody's mind for at least the next 2-3 seasons.

Trading our first for one year of Duchene considering the situation were in right now is an unforgivable offence.

Imagine us trading our 1st to Ottawa, only to see that pick become the 1st overall. Now, that would be something from Ottawa's point of view. :laugh:

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018

Option 1
To Edm
Patches, Shaw, Schlemko

To Mtl
RNH, 1st, Lucic

Option 2
To Edm
Patches, Byron, Alzner

To Mtl
RNH, 1st, Lucic

Domi - RNH - Scherbak

Mete - Petry (Weber)

It's more reasonable to put it like

Montreal
Alzner - Shaw - Byron (maybe add armia if you like)
For RNH -Lucic and a 1st, adding patches would add more contending to Edmonton and we don't want that, hence were adding a $7m av from a Sloth.. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad