Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone trade our 1st next year to Sens for Duchene? It’s less than what they paid for him but gets them a 1st and is a center to add to Kotkaniemi and Poehling. Plus we’ll likely get another 1st for patches so we still have a 1st rounder though later on.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, you would have to be crazy to trade what should be a top 10 pick in what is slated to be a very good draft especially center heavy to one of your biggest rivals for a decent player that is a UFA at the end of the year. What would getting Duchene do for the Habs? Maybe make the playoffs? But with no Weber for at least a month or two and you don't know what shape he's going to be in at 33 years old and missing a full year of hockey.

The Habs blueline sucks, so who is going to be moving the puck to get it to the fowards? And all of that would be based on hoping Price is back to being Price. If he's not you just gave away our best shot of the future since we could be talking a top 5 pick. Now you could protect the pick but we would just be in the same boat next year most likely.

And if you got Duchene, why would you trade Pac? since I assume you are trading for Duchene to make the playoffs so why trade your best goal scorer but trade for a center that's averaged 45 pts over the last 2 years?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It's more reasonable to put it like

Montreal
Alzner - Shaw - Byron (maybe add armia if you like)
For RNH -Lucic and a 1st, adding patches would add more contending to Edmonton and we don't want that, hence were adding a $7m av from a Sloth.. :|

More reasonable?

Not sure how that would apply for Edmonton.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
More reasonable?

Not sure how that would apply for Edmonton.
Not sure how it would be better to give out Patches for those guys, basically RNH wouldn't work going to a bad team I'm guessing he would do the same thing as Drouin and suck

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I wonder if a more competent GM could have used Galchenyuk + to get Dubois. Assuming CBJ also viewed Galchenyuk as a C, like Arizona. Not sure what it would have took, but man that would have been great. Domi does nothing to improve the team.
Galchenyuk and Panarin would be lethal.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I wonder if a more competent GM could have used Galchenyuk + to get Dubois. Assuming CBJ also viewed Galchenyuk as a C, like Arizona. Not sure what it would have took, but man that would have been great. Domi does nothing to improve the team.

The plus would've been the 3rd overall pick, likely even more considering Columbus has no reason to trade Dubois.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
My hopeful trade timeline and return:

November -
Move Pacioretty for a 1st, cond 2nd and potential top 6 winger prospect.
Conditional 2nd if he resigns, if not it becomes a 4th round.

My hope is that Pacioretty hits a hot streak (as he does) and another team who feels pressure to win is struggling (Anaheim, Dallas). Target prospect would be Comtois (Ana) or Robertson (Dal)

TDL

Paul Byron traded for 2019 2nd and 2020 2nd.

I think we could possibly get a first round pick for Byron but my hope is at least we get a pair of 2nds

Jeff Petry traded for a 1st and LHD prospect with top 4 potential.

We need to sell high on Petry imho, getting a good lhd prospect and 1st would be worth it for me.

Would leave us with three 2019 1st round picks, which would go along way to stock the cupboards.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I really dont understand Habs fans that think that we are a #1 C away from being a contender. What we are lacking is a #1 and #2 C, a 1st line winger to replace Pacioretty and a #2 D pair. Oh! And the 2014-2015 Carey Price.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Next years draft is going to be deep. This is the perfect time to rebuild or even do a retool. Get a few 1st round picks and it will go a long way in changing the face of this franchise.

You have to trade away guys like Pacioretty, Gallagher, Petry, Weber and Byron and stack up as many 1st round picks.

With guys like Hughes and Lafrenière coming up next, you got to put all the chances on your side.

Sucking this year will be worth it.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Next years draft is going to be deep. This is the perfect time to rebuild or even do a retool. Get a few 1st round picks and it will go a long way in changing the face of this franchise.

You have to trade away guys like Pacioretty, Gallagher, Petry, Weber and Byron and stack up as many 1st round picks.

With guys like Hughes and Lafrenière coming up next, you got to put all the chances on your side.

Gallagher? No
Petry? Not a must
The rest? Sure

Dont forget we need hardworking vets to come back from the dead. A hundred year rebuild ala buffalo wont cut it in mtl

Reactions: HomeAndHome

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Trade Patch, Byron and plekanec this year.

If Juulsen shows he is ready for a top 4 role, then you can trade Petry next summer.

Keep Gallagher and Weber.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I will be insanely disappointed if we dont get at least:
1st+ for Pacioretty
2nd+ for Byron
2nd for Plekanec

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

As long as Bergevin is in charge I have no confidence in anything turning out good for us be it tanking or trying to make the playoffs. If we could start over with a competent manager and a new staff from top to bottom I will change my views.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Galchenyuk and Panarin would be lethal.

Dubois is a better player at this point and it's more likely he continues at this level and increases than it is for Chucky to reach his level.

Weird that Montreal announces the mini prospect tournament but not the roster. Then it leaks that trade talks for Karlsson are increasing.

Just connecting 2 really far apart points, but Montreal could wait and announce it as they for a sweetener, or 2 for taking on Ryan.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
As long as Bergevin is in charge I have no confidence in anything turning out good for us be it tanking or trying to make the playoffs. If we could start over with a competent manager and a new staff from top to bottom I will change my views.

Trust me, I don't expect Bergevin to pull anything...just it would be nice if we could have another 1st round pick and a few 2nd.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Byron will be fascinating trade chip when were out of it at the deadline .

Wonder if he can fetch a 1st from a desperate team willing to overpay .. Byron is only 1 mil caphit 20 goal scorer

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Byron will be fascinating trade chip when were out of it at the deadline .

Wonder if he can fetch a 1st from a desperate team willing to overpay .. Byron is only 1 mil caphit 20 goal scorer

The speed he brings is tremendous, too.

As long as he can be somewhat close to being on pace for a 20 goal season he should get a solid return. Factor in his contract will only cost 400k a team could add him and basically add no cap while doing so.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
2 2nds? Like Eller & Shaw.

I could see him get a late 1st if he gets on a 20 goal pace again. He’s so fast, plays all situations and gives everything every shift plus he’s a 2 time 20 goal scorer.

2 2nds or something around that would be the least I think he’d fetch.

Reactions: vokiel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad