Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

All blacks

Dec 18, 2017
Zacha has the top 10 syndrome. Near god value of forums.
If he would have been drafted at 26, like it feels he shouldve, he would be a throw in.
I still think that Patch goes to Chicago ,Anisimov,and 2young defencemen go to Montreal

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I still think Buffalo is a perfect trade partner for Max.

They have 3 1st round picks and a lot of good prospects.

Ghule, 2019 1st* would be fine with me.

*condition is we get the highest pick if he resigns

Zacha + 1st from NJ and I'd do it. Allow us to move Drouin to wing. We will suck anyway, but Zacha is young and still developping. He won't become a 1st line centre and we'd go next season with that:

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Zacha - Lehkonen
Hudon - Plekanec - Scherbak
De La Rose - Peca - Armia

Byron/Shaw on the IR then one of them get traded, the other one take DLR spot.

id realy rather Michael Mcleod to be honest, always liked his game, he's also a RH center wich we don't have... he still hasn't cracked the NHL roster, so devils might rather keep zacha...

Mcleod + 1st 19 top10 protected!

he could use a full AHL season under Bouchard!

Those would have been fine at this time 1 year ago. You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I still think that Patch goes to Chicago ,Anisimov,and 2young defencemen go to Montreal
That definately fills a need for MTL but I don't think MB is clever enough to pull such a deal. Anisimov can play on the first line until Poehling and Kot are ready. But that's serious overpayment for Pac.

Anisimov with a pick sounds more reasonable but Chicago would definately like a sign and trade. Probably, Hudon or Byron are part of that deal. However, MB doesn't seem to like speedy talented Russian players no more, so no chance of Anisimov coming to MTL. He would rather get "CHaracter" or third/fourth AHL type players as a return.

I also believe Pacces goes for peanuts because teams don't want to overpay for him.

If anything, MB gets a late first in 2019, an underacheiving prospect and a roster player on a bad contract for Pacces. It reminds of the good old Houle days where the Habs would trade their best assets for underacheiving prospects or late picks that didn't amount to anything.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
That definately fills a need for MTL but I don't think MB is clever enough to pull such a deal. Anisimov can play on the first line until Poehling and Kot are ready. But that's serious overpayment for Pac.

Anisimov with a pick sounds more reasonable but Chicago would definately like a sign and trade. Probably, Hudon or Byron are part of that deal. However, MB doesn't seem to like speedy talented Russian players no more, so no chance of Anisimov coming to MTL. He would rather get "CHaracter" or third/fourth AHL type players as a return.

I also believe Pacces goes for peanuts because teams don't want to overpay for him.

If anything, MB gets a late first in 2019, an underacheiving prospect and a roster player on a bad contract for Pacces. It reminds of the good old Houle days where the Habs would trade their best assets for underacheiving prospects or late picks that didn't amount to anything.

If that’s the case, we should just resign him, it’s not like he’s a bad player or a problem in the locker room. My only problem with him is thatI don’t believe he should be captain, and that’s not he’s fault. If he would resign with us at 7per for 5 years I wouldn’t be upset.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Any chance of a Kevin Hayes + for Patches trade?

Big center and a prospect for local boy who can score and be part of their rebuilding young team for a long time.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think the ? Is... Can MB even trade maxy ????

That’s silly. Of course he can. The question is to who, when and for what. In a worst case scenario Patches gets traded at the deadline for a Nash or Tatar type deal.

Best case is we eat half his salary now and get a better package that helps in the long term while making us worse this year.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I spoke to a friend and she said Anisimov and Beaudin for Pacioretty and Benn isn’t out of the question.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I spoke to a friend and she said Anisimov and Beaudin for Pacioretty and Benn isn’t out of the question.

Replace Anisimov with Saad or Schmaltz and you have a deal.

Remember, pressure is on Chicago for a quick turnaround from last year. Trading off young assets is a no brainer for Bowman and an easy sell to the fan base that are expecting it. Even Bergevin would have a tough time f***ing this one up with Chicago if they were to make a deal.

Last edited:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Yeah Anisimov doesn’t excite me all that much.

As part of a bigger deal, maybe...but we need to get a 1st and good prospect for Max.

Throwing in another player and also getting Anisimov I’d be ok with, he just doesn’t move the dial for me

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yeah Anisimov doesn’t excite me all that much.

As part of a bigger deal, maybe...but we need to get a 1st and good prospect for Max.

Throwing in another player and also getting Anisimov I’d be ok with, he just doesn’t move the dial for me

Not going to happen. What did Kane and Nash get at the deadline? Other GMs will be willing to wait for the price to fall.

There are fits for him, but unless it is a franchise he is willing to sign long term with he is not that valuable.

Teams have to balance books. Chicago may have to move a salary to get him, to make room for future salaries. Dallas is a fit, but they'd have to move either Spezza or Hanzal. Add prospects or picks as the addition.

I think Patches for Beauvillier and a conditonal 1/2 would make sense.

Isles lost a lot of lustre losing both Tavares and DeHaan that Lamariello and Trotz can't replace.

Pacioretty would sell at least 50 extra tickets to family members.

Beauvillier gets the French connection going, keeping the crazy side of the media happy. Long term investment.

So:

1. Domi-Drouin-Gallagher (C)
(Head to head against the best, pray for the best)

2. Beauvillier-Danault-Hudon
(Calisse, hostie, tabernacle)

3. Lehkonen-Plekanec-Armia
(Because of defensive prowess plays more than 2)

4. Deslauriers-DeLaRose-Scherbak

(Byron)-Peca-(Shaw)

Defense is still a mess, with some prospects and vets that all make good, I mean passable 3rd pairing d.

A bet on who is traded first, Price or Weber, could begin in December.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Not going to happen. What did Kane and Nash get at the deadline? Other GMs will be willing to wait for the price to fall.

There are fits for him, but unless it is a franchise he is willing to sign long term with he is not that valuable.

Teams have to balance books. Chicago may have to move a salary to get him, to make room for future salaries. Dallas is a fit, but they'd have to move either Spezza or Hanzal. Add prospects or picks as the addition.

Isles lost a lot of lustre losing both Tavares and DeHaan that Lamariello and Trotz can't replace.

Beauvillier gets the French connection going, keeping the crazy side of the media happy. Long term investment.

So:

(Byron)-Peca-(Shaw)

Defense is still a mess, with some prospects and vets that all make good, I mean passable 3rd pairing d.

Swap beauvillier with Bellows and make it a top 5 protected 1st in 2019/ unprotected 2020 and you have a deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

We better get a 2019 1st when we trade Patch. I don't want Anisimov. I want futures. I doubt the Blackhawks would trade Jokiharju but if they were able to do a sign and trade and the Habs retain salary next season for Patch to help them with wiggle room, I would be pressing really hard for Jokiharju and the 1st at a starting point. I'd also be willing to add a grade B prospect (Ikonen, Bitten, McShane, ect) to help try to swing a deal.

2019 1st is a must have IMO. Then go get the additional pieces. Target a grade A prospect and engage in what would be available for futures

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

That's pretty bad for Montreal and a real coup for Chicago. Anisimov is more of a cap dump than anything else and Beaudin is a recent 2nd rounder and Chicago's 3rd or 4th best D prospect.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

So:

(Byron)-Peca-(Shaw)

33 year old Nash got a 1st, a decent middle 6 center with team control and a decent D prospect (and only eating some of Beleksey's contract). Kane (who had been traded before and been labelled a malcontent) got a conditional 1st, a 4th and "prospect". Both of those returns are better than Anisimov and Beaudin. And are well within modest expectations of a 1st and a decent prospect for a guy like Pacioretty.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
GOOD OLD ECK, lol
I am following up on a rumor that the Red Wings and Canadiens have discussed Max Pacioretty....The Habs would get a package including a draft pick, Gustav Nyquist and Darren Helm...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
For an unextended Patches:

To the Hawks at 50 % retained for 2019/20 1st, Hawks choice and Beaudin or Forsling.

To the Isles for Dobson and a 2nd in 2019. Will retain if Isles willing to pay for it.

To the Sharks for 2019 1st and Sam Steel.

Not sure the return from Dallas . Is Honka any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad