Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
For an unextended Patches:

To the Hawks at 50 % retained for 2019/20 1st, Hawks choice and Beaudin or Forsling.

To the Isles for Dobson and a 2nd in 2019. Will retain if Isles willing to pay for it.

To the Sharks for 2019 1st and Sam Steel.

Not sure the return from Dallas . Is Honka any good ?

The Islanders had the chance to make a trade and they preferred to draft Dobson
I doubt all of a sudden that would change right now
I think Chicago makes a ton of sense, knowing they need to turn things around and fast!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
How about for the fun of it and a bored summer.

Chicago:
Patches 1/2 retained
One of our many prospect RD
Alzner

Montreal:
Chicago 1st (protected) 2019 or 2020
Beaudin
Schmaltz
Seabrook

We trade Petry from a 1st or 2nd + at the deadline or when Weber comes back.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The Islanders had the chance to make a trade and they preferred to draft Dobson
I doubt all of a sudden that would change right now
I think Chicago makes a ton of sense, knowing they need to turn things around and fast!

I know what you mean about the Isles, but threw that out as a possible because when Uncle Lou turned it down, Tavares was still an Islander. I dont know if losing JT makes him more or less interested in Patches.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
I'd kick the tires with Vancouver.

To MTL:
2020 - 1st round
2019 - 2nd round
LD Prospect Guillaume Brisebois

To VAN:
Pacioretty
2019 - 4th round becomes 4th round in 2020 if Patches extends

Pacioretty could play with a young booming Center in Horvat and RW star Brock Boeser.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I said in addition to getting Boqvist, you sell hard. So that would make us much worse. No Petry, Weber, Drouin, Gallagher, Pac, that would easily make us one of the worst teams in the NHL. That's my whole point. You get a high end D prospect plus another asset, and just because MB couldn't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done since he still thinks his team can win imo. Go for the big time centers the next 2 years as you should be a lock for a top 3 pick pre lottery.

As for quality vs quantity, how is Boqvist not quality? He could end up being a better NHLer then Kotka.

There was a rumor that Dallas had a deal in place with the wings but you could always take on a bad contract to help them out if need to really push things and if you really wanted to go that way as we would need to get to the cap floor if we sold hard anyway.

The problem with where we are now, we don't have any high end D prospects, I could see us drafting around 10th so unless MB is fired I don't buy that we'll see off assets to get more 1st round picks other then Pac and that's not going so well so far.

So that's why I said sell hard, it would give us direction and strong chance of getting a high end prospect in '19 and likely in '20 plus whatever assets we got. I don't believe that MB will sell on the likes of Byron, Shaw, Petry, Gallagher, Weber like he should.

I wondered since the Isles lost Tavares, would they be more or less interested in Patches than at the Draft. I know what Skinner got, but Patches for Dobson is what I would put on the table. Or Patches to Hawks for a 1st and a D like Forsling or Beaudin.

Weber for Karlsson extended. Melnyk has a 1D he pays $27M over the next 5 years in actual cash. A guy like Karlsson gets that in the next 2 years of his new contract.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I wondered since the Isles lost Tavares, would they be more or less interested in Patches than at the Draft. I know what Skinner got, but Patches for Dobson is what I would put on the table. Or Patches to Hawks for a 1st and a D like Forsling or Beaudin.

Weber for Karlsson extended. Melnyk has a 1D he pays $27M over the next 5 years in actual cash. A guy like Karlsson gets that in the next 2 years of his new contract.

Lol... no way Bergevin does that

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If NYI would do Pac for Dobson, he'd be on their team already imo. I could see the Hawks wanting him for a 1st and Beaudin although I'd prefer Mitchell.

As for Weber for Karlsson, I hope you never post that on the main board, that is beyond brutal. One of the best players in the NHL for an ageing overpaid D that we don't know what he's even going to look like after missing a full year let alone trading him to one of their biggest rivals. Trading Karlsson, they must get a top 5 or so pick next year to replace the one they are missing.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Anyone would be down for

Pacioretty, Byron, 2nd for Lucic, Puljujarvi, 1st top10 protected

No, not only are we giving up the best player but we're also not getting a piece we need on top of taking on an albatross of a contract and losing our 2nd. All that for a 1st that is top 10 protection (will most likely be top 10) and puljujarvi who is still unproven.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
How about for the fun of it and a bored summer.

Chicago:
Patches 1/2 retained
One of our many prospect RD
Alzner

Montreal:
Chicago 1st (protected) 2019 or 2020
Beaudin
Schmaltz
Seabrook

We trade Petry from a 1st or 2nd + at the deadline or when Weber comes back.

The question to me is which RD prospect of our many RD prospects. I do think that CHI is a likely trade partner, especially if MON takes Seabrook's salary off their hands in the process.

That said, Seabrook is their #1 RD, even if, last year, he had similar offensive production (only six more points in 24 more games played) than Rutta, the 28 yr-old professional Czech player CHI found in a haystack last year, as they often do when juggling their Cap issues. Schmaltz is also already pencilled in as their #2C, with Anisimov relegated to a 3rd line role.

I seriously doubt that MON can land Schmaltz in a trade involving the 30-yr-old Pacioretty. Much less Schmaltz AND Beaudin.

A trade of Pacioretty for Beaudin is much likelier, but it only amounts to Pacioretty for a late first rounder, in the end (27th overall). I do believe that Pacioretty is worth more than that and a forward prospect would likely need to be included in the deal. Only, we should stop dreaming about landing CHI's #2C in the process.

I'm not a fan of including Anisimov in the deal coming back MON's way because, while he could be considered a lower end 2nd line C who should be good for 20 Gs and, at least, help out the Habs in the goal-scoring department, he's definitely not a long term solution in MON as a 30-yr old. However, I'm pretty sure CHI would like to get rid of their 3rd line C at 4.55M for another three years, even though it would weaken their depth at C in case of injuries.

A trade of Pacioretty (1/2 salary held back), DeLaRose and Byron (1/2 salary held back) would give CHI tools to take a real stab at the Cup, even if they parted with the undersized Schmaltz (5'11", 172 lbs). That would leave their C-line as Toews - Anisimov - Krüger/DeLaRose - DeLaRose/Krüger. That may seem a lot to give for Schmaltz -- and it is -- but looking at the Blackhawks' depth chart, Schmaltz's value is higher because of the lack of skilled offensive depth in the system and the ageing core of the team.

I still don't think that CHI gives up Schmaltz for Pacioretty and Byron at half their salary and DeLaRose, though.

More likely deal happening would be Pacioretty (1/2 salary) + DeLaRose for Beaudin, Anisimov and a 2nd rounder. Is that a great deal long term? Absolutely not. Short term, it also doesn't transform the Habs, but it does solidify somewhat the C-line, enabling Drouin to return to the wing in the process: Danault (taking heavier defensive assignments) - Anisimov - Peca/Evans - Evans/Peca. IMO, there is some value to having genuine Cs in the lineup and returning Drouin to the wing as we await the arrival of Poehling and Kotkaniemi in the NHL.

The three years left on Anisimov's contract make him an ideal stop gap to ease both Poehling and Kotkaniemi into the NHL. He's also a tradable asset in the last year of his contract at the deadline that should get you a 2nd rounder back, in the least, IMO.

Beaudin, however, IMO, is still just a project, with a lot to work on, as an undersized D, to become a player of impact at the NHL level. I'd rather MON try to land
Henri Jokiharju

In 120 total regular season games with Portland, he has 104 points. Not bad for a defensemen. He's also 6'1" and 180 some odd pounds.

Ironically, both Beaudin and Jokiharju are projected as a Thomas Kaberle type of D, but, for one. Jokiharju is a much better skater than Beaudin and a more complete D as it stands. He's also a larger framed D at 6'1" VS 5'11". Beaudin has a better shot, though, and while, at his age, he might still grow some, there are no guarantees (Jokiharju, for example, grew an inch from his draft year).

I'd do a larger trade to change the 2nd rounder into a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, though, freeing up more Cap space for CHI in the process:

Pacioretty (half salary) + deLaRose + Petry for Jokiharju, Anisimov, Seabrook and an unprotected 1st in 2019 or 2020 and a 2nd in the other year. In this trade, CHI saves (Anisimov's 4.55M + Seabrook's 6.875M) - (Pacioretty's 2.25M + DeLaRose's 900K + Petry's 5.5M) an extra 2.775M for the upcoming season. Plus, it gets out of a 6-year contract for the 33 yr-old Seabrook at 6.875M in return for a 3 yr contract at 5.5M with a younger Petry at 30 years of age.

It may sound like we are clogging up the right side of D with ageing veterans at high-priced contracts, but, IMO, it buys time to properly develop our younger Ds like Fleury, Brook and Jokiharju who can play at the AHL level and step up with more confidence in three years when the other youngsters at C are getting their legs at the NHL level.

Soon, or down the line, Montreal can likely still trade one or both of Weber and Seabrook. Weber still has good value across the league, IMO, especially once he has proven that he has returned to form from his latest injuries. For Seabrook, we can hold back some salary if need be (there will be enough cheaper youngsters on the roster to make this possible).

The return in Jokiharju, Anisimov (as a stop gap to help develop the youngsters in their proper positions) a 1st and a 2nd is worth the financial implications of taking on Seabrook and Anisimov's contracts, IMO.

Once Weber is back, A RD of Weber, Seabrook and Juulsen will be solid and help rear the better LDs from amongst our younger LDs currently vying for a spot on the team. Alzner can play a 3rd pairing role with Juulsen, IMO. The experiment with the two together in a 2nd pairing role was a success at the end of last year. Playing a third pairing role won't expose them as much against the opponents' better forwards and they should be even more productive this upcoming year.

MON can use both Weber and Seabrook for the two, three or four years to help develop depth at the LD position, gradually replacing them with young RDs that are pushing for a spot on the team.

Anisimov can help develop our wingers until our C prospects are ready to take over with young wingers in full progression.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
No, not only are we giving up the best player but we're also not getting a piece we need on top of taking on an albatross of a contract and losing our 2nd. All that for a 1st that is top 10 protection (will most likely be top 10) and puljujarvi who is still unproven.

A RH RW is a much needed spot in my opinion ... and puljujarvi a a A grade prospect. Lucic feels a spit while being overpaid you have the cap fir it... when he becomes an issue you either buy him out or trade him with salary retain

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I still think Patches gets more than Skinner. The right team will pay a 1st and a prospect for him. Possibly more if we sprinkle in another piece and eat salary. We have a lot of flexibility here.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If NYI would do Pac for Dobson, he'd be on their team already imo. I could see the Hawks wanting him for a 1st and Beaudin although I'd prefer Mitchell.

As for Weber for Karlsson, I hope you never post that on the main board, that is beyond brutal. One of the best players in the NHL for an ageing overpaid D that we don't know what he's even going to look like after missing a full year let alone trading him to one of their biggest rivals. Trading Karlsson, they must get a top 5 or so pick next year to replace the one they are missing.

LOL. Sure you laugh. I post this on the main board and I get ripped certainly, but almost every Sens fan will be terrified that it could actually happen. I throw this out ONLY because the owner is Melnyk.

Reactions: DavePeak

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
LOL. Sure you laugh. I post this on the main board and I get ripped certainly, but almost every Sens fan will be terrified that it could actually happen. I throw this out ONLY because the owner is Melnyk.

I wouldn't throw shade at their owner when ours is cheap ass Molson. I wouldn't switch owners but damn does ours suck too.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Patches (50% retained) + Byron
For
Chicago - Anisimov, 1st, Beaudin
Or
Edmonton - Strome, Puljujarvi, 1st protected

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I spoke to a friend in a dream and she said management would like to turn the page on Pacioretty. She said Bergevin will be back from vacation in late August so expect a trade to happen before training camp. In terms of the asking price, she believes Bergevin wants a first round pick this year or next along with two players. One NHL ready or top 9 forward or top 4 defenseman and a high prospect with the first 2019 or 2020.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Why are people comparing Skinner to Max in terms of value? Three factors played into his value dropping that doesn't apply to Max:

1) He had a NMC, so he decided where to go.

2) Carolina desperately wanted to move him out before the season to save $$$

3) He had refused multiple trades with his NMC and Buffalo was the only team willing to make an offer.

Max doesn't have to be traded until deadline,and even then,an extension could be had.

Max doesn't need to be traded right away like Skinner and the Habs can trade him as a pure rental at deadline, instead of trying to get him to agree to a sign and trade.

Max at deadline will get a late 1st + prospects. Teams are far more willing to give up 1sts (as we saw last year @ TDL) when they know they're finishing in the 20s overall. Patience will win out and a bidding war will ensue for him.

Remember, even Evander Kane, who had known attitude issues and fell of a cliff offensively after January 1st, got a conditional 2nd + pick + prospect.

I think the Habs will get what they want for Max.

Reactions: 417

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Vermette is a center.
But Nash, JT Miller, Tatar, and Kane were not.
Not going to happen. What did Kane and Nash get at the deadline? Other GMs will be willing to wait for the price to fall.

There are fits for him, but unless it is a franchise he is willing to sign long term with he is not that valuable.

Teams have to balance books. Chicago may have to move a salary to get him, to make room for future salaries. Dallas is a fit, but they'd have to move either Spezza or Hanzal. Add prospects or picks as the addition.

I think Patches for Beauvillier and a conditonal 1/2 would make sense.

Isles lost a lot of lustre losing both Tavares and DeHaan that Lamariello and Trotz can't replace.

Pacioretty would sell at least 50 extra tickets to family members.

Beauvillier gets the French connection going, keeping the crazy side of the media happy. Long term investment.

So:

1. Domi-Drouin-Gallagher (C)
(Head to head against the best, pray for the best)

2. Beauvillier-Danault-Hudon
(Calisse, hostie, tabernacle)

3. Lehkonen-Plekanec-Armia
(Because of defensive prowess plays more than 2)

4. Deslauriers-DeLaRose-Scherbak

(Byron)-Peca-(Shaw)

Defense is still a mess, with some prospects and vets that all make good, I mean passable 3rd pairing d.

A bet on who is traded first, Price or Weber, could begin in December.

Kane was a huge gamble and Buffalo took what they could get after playing hardball all February.

However, Nash got a 1st. Tatar got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd with 1 yr left. JT Miller and McDonaugh got Namestnikov + 1st. Wingers can get 1sts, especially scoring wingers. None of the above wingers have hit 30 goals in the last 5 years, if at all.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I wouldn't throw shade at their owner when ours is cheap ass Molson. I wouldn't switch owners but damn does ours suck too.

At least Melnyk is genuine. He's a cheapskate rat ***hole and acts like one.

With Molson, there's so much hot air coming out of his mouth you'd think the entire permafrost has already melted.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad