Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We'll see. I certainly wouldmt be upset if you were right. The more, the better. Although I just cant see a team giving up their 1st ++ before the season even begins.
And I just can't see Pacioretty being worth less, much less, than other high-profile, sought-after pending UFA's.

I know it's the Habs and were conditioned to think everything Habs is awful, but I don't see that happening here.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Bergevin should sign an RFA like Mark Jankowski 3 years 10 million offer sheet he's a big center 17 goals last year for the Flames 27 the year before in the AHL and Calgary might not want to pay him that this early in his career and they won't have much cap space after they get Hanifin signed compensation would be a 2019 second round pick.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
First of all, we need to place a moratorium on calls for the Habs to offer sheet this guy or that guy. It's a waste of bandwidth asking for offer sheets to be put forth. It almost never happens and when it does the team making the offer usually gets punished because all the GM's from all the other teams will blackball them. Yes, offer sheets are a tool that exists in the rule book but no GM ever wants to actually use it because all it does is make a fellow GM's job a little bit harder. What goes around comes around in the incestuous little world of the NHL. Any GM who tries it becomes an instant pariah to his peers.

Furthermore, this is the Habs we're talking about. There's no way a team as hidebound to tradition as this is ever going to use some 21st century gimmick like an offer sheet to try and pry a good player loose from another team's roster. They view certain things as sacrosanct and could never bring themselves to do it.

That, and probably Bergevin is too dumb to be able to figure out how to do one properly.

Reactions: montreal

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
They need to trade patches before the season starts. If he starts the season and gets injured we’re cooked.
According to Travis Yost of TSN who was on 690 this morning, there is "no way" that Max will still be a Hab by opening night this October.

There's certainly no way that Max should be a Hab by then, but whether he will or not remains to be seen. I don't know that Yost has any more information than we do when it comes to how close the Habs are to trading him.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
hockey30-2016-09-20-a-20.40.29.png

The problem to trade Maxpac is that Bergevin knows he's a 30 goals scorer but the others GMs saw what Tortorella did

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why not? Look at the Duchene trade with Girard. Worked out well for the Avs.

If it's the hawks its gotta be beaudin or chad krys. Both puck moving LHD with high upside.
Girard was draft at 19 years old and he played for the Preds' AHL team.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Hypothetically speaking. If Pacioretty is willing to sign a long term contract with Columbus. Would you trade Patches for Panarin with the risk of Panarin not re-signing? I tend to think Montreal would get more for Panarin at the trade deadline and Columbus will get a scoring LW long-term knowing Panarin wants out of CLB..

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hypothetically speaking. If Pacioretty is willing to sign a long term contract with Columbus. Would you trade Patches for Panarin with the risk of Panarin not re-signing? I tend to think Montreal would get more for Panarin at the trade deadline and Columbus will get a scoring LW long-term knowing Panarin wants out of CLB..

i would...

i don't see any chance of CBJ, with Torts coaching, willing to give Patches term anywhere close to what he's looking for, but for the hypothetical sake, yeah... Panarin would be worth more at the deadline, and if our organization somehow managed to stop being incompetent in how it deals with skilled players, not so far fetched to believe we could get him locked up for an extension.

Reactions: zeeto

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Could we get CLB's 1st round pick? If so then I would take that risk. Gambling on CLB missing the playoffs and Panarin signing an extension.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Said this before... The circumstance of this off season did not play in our favor with trying to move Patch for the best return. UFA's in Tavares, JVR, Neal, Stastny, Kovalchuk and players on the trade block in Karlsson, Patch, ROR, Panarin, Hoffman. Several teams have already made their move. No doubt there is still interest in Patch but they will not get desperate. I don't recall the last time there was so much talent available in UFA's and trades. That's not good for the Habs with trying to get the best return for Patch. Imagine if Kovalchuck or Hoffman were not acquired by the Kings and Panthers. One of those teams would of likely made a move for Patch.

Best to stay patient and wait for the 1st few months of the season now. I know we would prefer to move him before the season but the point is moving him for a deal that makes sense, not moving him and taking a bad return. Circumstance will change in the 1st few months of the season for several teams.

Agreed - patience is key. One of the top teams will likely get off to a poor start or have a key player go down to injury. At some point, teams will come calling for a pure goal scorer with leadership like Patch.

Important that Julien maximize his play time, offensive starts, and pp opportunities so he's as attractive as possible for other teams

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bergevin should sign an RFA like Mark Jankowski 3 years 10 million offer sheet he's a big center 17 goals last year for the Flames 27 the year before in the AHL and Calgary might not want to pay him that this early in his career and they won't have much cap space after they get Hanifin signed compensation would be a 2019 second round pick.
I doubt Flames would let him go for a 2nd?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I actually hope take on Lucic's contract in exchange for futures/some compensation from the Oilers.

Let's not kid ourselves. This team is going to be pathetic for the next little while. Might as well load up on the meatheads and have fun watching them obliterate Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Nylander while Kadri pees his shorts.

You tell Lucic, Deslauriers, Shaw, Domi and Lernout (he's probably going to make this roster at this point) to take liberties and have fun watching it.

And quit it with the "we're not the Bruins" or "we're above that". Not we're not above that. This is a f***ing entertainement first and foremost and I'd actually spend time watching that :laugh:

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I doubt Flames would let him go for a 2nd?
I doubt it to but it's worth taking a chance ...Flames might not want to pay him that kind of money to play on the 3rd line maybe even 4th line now that they have Lindholm and Neal and they still have to sign Hanifin.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I actually hope take on Lucic's contract in exchange for futures/some compensation from the Oilers.

Let's not kid ourselves. This team is going to be pathetic for the next little while. Might as well load up on the meatheads and have fun watching them obliterate Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Nylander while Kadri pees his shorts.

You tell Lucic, Deslauriers, Shaw, Domi and Lernout (he's probably going to make this roster at this point) to take liberties and have fun watching it.

And quit it with the "we're not the Bruins" or "we're above that". Not we're not above that. This is a ****ing entertainement first and foremost and I'd actually spend time watching that :laugh:

As much as I'd enjoy that, I think it would be the other way around... Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander skating circles around our meatheads..

Reactions: bigbizze

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They need to trade patches before the season starts. If he starts the season and gets injured we’re cooked.

There should not be no panic. At this stage, there is not many teams willing to trade 1st round picks cause they don't know what pick that will be yet. We can't trade Patch cause we are desperate to trade him. An injury is possible but it's a contract year for Patch. It would have to be a pretty serious injury for him to not play next year. Possible yes, but not probable. There is risks but I am prepared to be patient. Trade him now, 1st few months of the year, or at the deadline. We should not panic and just trade him for low value.

If he starts the year with the Habs, there will be a distraction but it's a necessary evil and we are not a cup contender so who cares. Most of us want another tank year anyways. Anything to help the tank and force management to head in this direction helps!

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

And quit it with the "we're not the Bruins" or "we're above that". Not we're not above that. This is a ****ing entertainement first and foremost and I'd actually spend time watching that :laugh:
It's not church league. You do whatever it takes to win, up to and including things which fall outside the rules. If you're not cheating, you're not trying. How many times have we had to watch the Bruins try to deliberately injure our players and go unpunished? I'd sooner see Matthews or any other Leafs player in a wheelchair than with the Cup raised above his head and you know that other teams would do it to us (and have tried to do it) so this would hardly be precedent-setting.

If we aren't going to beat anyone on the scoresheet this season let's at least beat them up and provide the fans with a modicum of entertainment. Why bother hiring Julien if not for him to bring his Boston tactics to bear on opposing teams? Let Lucic go bananas on the Leafs skill players, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad