Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I actually hope take on Lucic's contract in exchange for futures/some compensation from the Oilers.

Let's not kid ourselves. This team is going to be pathetic for the next little while. Might as well load up on the meatheads and have fun watching them obliterate Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Nylander while Kadri pees his shorts.

You tell Lucic, Deslauriers, Shaw, Domi and Lernout (he's probably going to make this roster at this point) to take liberties and have fun watching it.

And quit it with the "we're not the Bruins" or "we're above that". Not we're not above that. This is a ****ing entertainement first and foremost and I'd actually spend time watching that :laugh:

Agreed. But something tells me the Oilers need another humbling season to realize how bad Lucic is. At this point, I would wait cause I don't think we can get the futures return yet.

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Hypothetically speaking. If Pacioretty is willing to sign a long term contract with Columbus. Would you trade Patches for Panarin with the risk of Panarin not re-signing? I tend to think Montreal would get more for Panarin at the trade deadline and Columbus will get a scoring LW long-term knowing Panarin wants out of CLB..
Why would Max sign a long-term deal with a team coached by a guy who eviscerated him on national television (as pictured above)? I'm quite sure that Pacioretty wants nothing to do with Torts and vice-versa.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Agreed. But something tells me the Oilers need another humbling season to realize how bad Lucic is. At this point, I would wait cause I don't think we can get the futures return yet.

While I don't think Lucic is the solution to any competitiveness problem on this team, I'm also of the opinion that he's not remotely as bad as people make him out to be on these boards. He's still got 50 points seasons in him.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
While I don't think Lucic is the solution to any competitiveness problem on this team, I'm also of the opinion that he's not remotely as bad as people make him out to be on these boards. He's still got 50 points seasons in him.
A 40 point season would likely put him in the top 3 in team scoring if he plays for the Habs next season.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Quality>Quantity. If Vegas misses out on Karlsson and are interested in both Petry AND Pacioretty, we could get a kings ransom in return.
This is the equivalent of 1st, 2nd(Räsänen), 4th and 5th(Timashov)
Leafs fans are happy with Räsänen development and are thinking Timashov can be a good 4th line player.
I don't think we are getting a top prospect for Petry and this is a good package.
If Vegas offers more of course you take the deal.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This is the equivalent of 1st, 2nd(Räsänen), 4th and 5th(Timashov)
Leafs fans are happy with Räsänen development and are thinking Timashov can be a good 4th line player.
I don't think we are getting a top prospect for Petry and this is a good package.
If Vegas offers more of course you take the deal.
I'd honestly pass on that offer from the Leafs. They should pay more being in the same division. I'd rather look elsewhere. Also their 1st will be very late.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
The problem is he's not a 50 pts player on the Habs. If he struggling to rack up 40 points with Oilers centers he certainly won't do it here playing on Danault or Drouin's wing.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The problem is he's not a 50 pts player on the Habs. If he struggling to rack up 40 points with Oilers centers he certainly won't do it here playing on Danault or Drouin's wing.

Following this logic, how come Weise could not produce with the powerful Hawks when he was on pace for 20 with the struggling Canadiens?

Reactions: HBDay

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Following this logic, how come Weise could not produce with the powerful Hawks when he was on pace for 20 with the struggling Canadiens?
Because he got a lot more ice time here. Lucic got good ice time playing with really good centers in Edmonton.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I actually hope take on Lucic's contract in exchange for futures/some compensation from the Oilers.

Let's not kid ourselves. This team is going to be pathetic for the next little while. Might as well load up on the meatheads and have fun watching them obliterate Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Nylander while Kadri pees his shorts.

You tell Lucic, Deslauriers, Shaw, Domi and Lernout (he's probably going to make this roster at this point) to take liberties and have fun watching it.

And quit it with the "we're not the Bruins" or "we're above that". Not we're not above that. This is a ****ing entertainement first and foremost and I'd actually spend time watching that :laugh:
This is honestly one of the few things I can hope for at the moment. I don't care if we win or lose against TO, TB, Bost etc. I want to see a team dressed for pummeling for those games. Dress Weber, Delauriers, Shaw, Armia, Juulsen, Lernout even call up Rychel and McCarron for those games. I want a chance to ruin their seasons too.

Reactions: Son Oncle Jerry

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
This is honestly one of the few things I can hope for at the moment. I don't care if we win or lose against TO, TB, Bost etc. I want to see a team dressed for pummeling for those games. Dress Weber, Delauriers, Shaw, Armia, Juulsen, Lernout even call up Rychel and McCarron for those games. I want a chance to ruin their seasons too.

I just want to see their obnoxious fanbase scream and whine.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Even if you are on board with a full on Rebuild, there are limitations to that. So on the D specifically, you just cant get rid of all your decent veteran D and play a bunch of young guys with limited NHL experience. Coaching is one thing, but kids need to learn off of decent vets. You also cant set your D up to get dismantled every game.

Besides Weber, in terms of D that meets the at least decent D threshold , we have exactly one guy. One. Petry. Him. Thats it. Alzner playing decent is a show me. Benn is a bottom pair guy as is Schlemko. Then its a mish mash of young or younger guys like Mete, Juulsen, Lernout, etc.

There is no way you can trade Petry now. None. Even if you only care about the future, having such a green D until Xmas is going to be horrible for the young D, but it will also impact the forwards who will have to forget about the offense and keyin on sound defensive play. That sets the young guys at forward back as well. At least with Petry back there we have one decent D for 23-25 minutes a game.

So no, Rebuild, Re-Whatever, Petry has to stay.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Even if you are on board with a full on Rebuild, there are limitations to that. So on the D specifically, you just cant get rid of all your decent veteran D and play a bunch of young guys with limited NHL experience. Coaching is one thing, but kids need to learn off of decent vets. You also cant set your D up to get dismantled every game.

Besides Weber, in terms of D that meets the at least decent D threshold , we have exactly one guy. One. Petry. Him. Thats it. Alzner playing decent is a show me. Benn is a bottom pair guy as is Schlemko. Then its a mish mash of young or younger guys like Mete, Juulsen, Lernout, etc.

There is no way you can trade Petry now. None. Even if you only care about the future, having such a green D until Xmas is going to be horrible for the young D, but it will also impact the forwards who will have to forget about the offense and keyin on sound defensive play. That sets the young guys at forward back as well. At least with Petry back there we have one decent D for 23-25 minutes a game.

So no, Rebuild, Re-Whatever, Petry has to stay.

Bring in veterans like Alzner to lose games. For example when the Habs trade away Peter, they can acquire that team's number 7.

Juulsen, Mete, etc should be in Laval.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Done though doubtful Edmonton would make this trade.

Probably not, but it's going to cost quite a bit to get rid of Lucic. Essentially for me, Pacioretty for Nurse and the 2019 is to balance Pacioretty vs. Nurse and taking Lucic.

I think it's fair, but also doubt Edmonton does it because the smae GM who signed Lucic isn't going to admit he f***ed up so early into the contract. If they fired Chiarelli, I could see the next GM doing something like this.

Reactions: sampollock

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think it's a perfectly fair offer if the first round pick is top 10 protected.

The whole point of getting a 1st rounder is the possibility to jump into the top pick. If it's protected, it should then defer to 2020 with no protection.

I don't think it's not fair, but as Habsawce pointed out, it's not likely Chia makes the deal in the first place, not to mention Patches would be a long shot to resign in Edmonton or the two would likely have already consummated a deal at this point.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The whole point of getting a 1st rounder is the possibility to jump into the top pick. If it's protected, it should then defer to 2020 with no protection.

I don't think it's not fair, but as Habsawce pointed out, it's not likely Chia makes the deal in the first place, not to mention Patches would be a long shot to resign in Edmonton or the two would likely have already consummated a deal at this point.

It's hard to know what Chia plans to do. The guy is as awful as MB. But yeah he loves Lucic and he probably thinks he is still a 1st line player who is worth the contract he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad