Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If a team can't get Pacioretty extended in order to facilitate a trade, I would look to make the deal enticing for the other team by retaining 50% of the salary. So instead of Pacioretty at $4.5M, they can have him for $2.25M.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
If a team can't get Pacioretty extended in order to facilitate a trade, I would look to make the deal enticing for the other team by retaining 50% of the salary. So instead of Pacioretty at $4.5M, they can have him for $2.25M.

Not against it - but I feel we would be bending ourselves backwards. The return must be worth it.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Really? Schmaltz? Come on. He outproduced Max in just his second season in the league, he’s 8 years younger. Why would Chicago ever do that?

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
How many Cups has Max won with the Blackhawks?

The trade was stupid but there’s other reasons it was made. Poor comparison.
Not really - that trade required Bowman to overestimate the impact that one mediocre player could have on their success. He could very well do the same for Pacioretty.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not really - that trade required Bowman to overestimate the impact that one mediocre player could have on their success. He could very well do the same for Pacioretty.

Yes, a player with proven Cup success, which is the opposite of Max.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Buffalo seems like a perfect trading partner if we want a young lhd....They could still use a winger to play in their top 6 next year and they currently have 3 first round picks.

Something around Ghule, 1st and a roster player would interest me.

Condition on their 1st being that if he resigns we get the highest pick of the three

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Getting Schmaltz for a non extended Patches would be like hitting a grandslam, twice, in the same inning.

More like hitting a grand slam after a 13 pitch at bat. It’s like expecting a pop fly, base hit, or grounder and bam.. grand slam out of nowhere after so many attempts (pitches) to get him out

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why did the Blackhawks make that trade dumping Hossa’s cap hit? I know they had to be below the cap before the season started and then move him to LTIR after but I don’t think that would of been a major problem?

They got to be trying to work something else out?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why did the Blackhawks make that trade dumping Hossa’s cap hit? I know they had to be below the cap before the season started and then move him to LTIR after but I don’t think that would of been a major problem?

They got to be trying to work something else out?
Contract limit issues maybe?

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
The target has to be beaudoin. French canadian, puck moving LHD... It makes too much sense

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
No, you don't target recently drafted prospects.

Why not? Look at the Duchene trade with Girard. Worked out well for the Avs.

If it's the hawks its gotta be beaudin or chad krys. Both puck moving LHD with high upside.

Reactions: Deebs

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
In a dream scenario, if the Habs were to trade Patches to Chicago or any other team for a center prospect like Schmaltz etc and a 1st, then flip a first and a prospect in a similar package to Columbus for Panarin and we end up with the center and Panarin and a 1st in 2019. Of course this is simplistic and we'd probably have to add a young roster player or two in the deal which is fine as we have an abundance of signed players as it is. so we'd end up with something like:

Panarin Schmaltz Gally
Drouin Danault Lehkonen
Domi Peca Armia
Byron Hudon DLR Plex Shaw Scherbak McCarron DLo (everyone here is trade fodder to add for Panarin and trade at the deadline to get more picks in 2019/2020)

With Poehling and Kotkaniemi likely both joining the team next year.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Good, but I doubt that really changes the value.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
It's a new reality these days. Players have too much leverage in these situations. Even with no,NTC or NMC in their contract, by refusing to sign and ext. wih the new team, they basically end up nixing the deal because the value isnt the same.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It's a new reality these days. Players have too much leverage in these situations. Even with no,NTC or NMC in their contract, by refusing to sign and ext. wih the new team, they basically end up nixing the deal because the value isnt the same.
For now, sure, but at the deadline rentals still go for a lot.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad