Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Please remember that DD has negative value when you toss him into a trade package. That means you need to subtract a piece from the incoming package or add an equivalent negative to the other side.

Halifaxhab*

Please remember that DD has negative value when you toss him into a trade package. That means you need to subtract a piece from the incoming package or add an equivalent negative to the other side.

So his contract has created some form of trade black hole?

I hate the term "negative value" it just sounds like the person using it wears a helmet full time.

His value is very low due to poor performance, so low that it is unlikely that he has any suitors in a trade.

But if his play improves the same group that tries to dream up the trades will refuse to move him because he is now producing.

Analyzer*

Found this on the trade talk board board:

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1h
Barring a dramatic change, I see no chance #CBJ even attempt to re-sign Marian Gaborik, will look to move him at trade deadline or sooner.

You think Bergy and the Habs would be interested? What would Gaborik's price tag be to get him?

I'm thinking:

:habs
Marian Gaborik

:cbj
Daniel Briere
Sebastian Collberg
1st (2014)
2nd (2014)

Pass

Don't want Gaborik.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Reality for Kulikov:

Beaulieu (1st round pick with high ceiling, like Kulikov) and 2nd round pick.

Reality for Matthias:

LeBlanc and a pick

Reality for Desharnais:

Versteeg or Kopecky (we'd add a decently high pick)

yes to all 3

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
what are you saying ?

You'd take patches over Kane ?

They're pretty close to being even. One has (and will have) the better contract and has a history here already. Maxpac is a very, very good player. Kane is as well, but I think people overrate him a bit because he's a chippier guy and people love thinking that it automatically makes the player more useful.

I'd take that trade and run.

Then you'd be running away with a bad trade. It happens.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
We clearly should go after Kane.

I have

to Jets
Max Pacioretty
2nd round

to MTL
Evander Kane

Kane isn't worth Pacioretty let alone adding a pick.

Pacioretty has been the more productive NHLer and doesn't have Kane's red flags.

Id do Ellis, DD, 1st for Gaborik and a 2nd.

Gaborik will be a UFA at year end, plus I'm not interested at the 6.5-7 mil he'll cost. Too inconsistant and injury prone.

Reality for Kulikov:

Beaulieu (1st round pick with high ceiling, like Kulikov) and 2nd round pick.

Reality for Matthias:

LeBlanc and a pick

Reality for Desharnais:

Versteeg or Kopecky (we'd add a decently high pick)

Versteeg is a similar player making 900k more per year. I'd have to be getting a 2nd or very good prospect back). He's had 11 points in 28 games the last 2 years.

Kopecky is crap this year, might be worth a look, had a nice year last year 15-12-27 in 47 games.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pretty much this. And I would rather target Kane than Bogo.

i wouldnt, kane has more value than patches but skillwise theyre pretty even(kane has an edge tho). kane can fight which makes him more valuable but patches grew up in our organization so hes close with all the players. i wouldnt do that trade because the chemistry/bond he has with the team is worth more than overpaying for a player like kane

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
i wouldnt, kane has more value than patches but skillwise theyre pretty even(kane has an edge tho). kane can fight which makes him more valuable but patches grew up in our organization so hes close with all the players. i wouldnt do that trade because the chemistry/bond he has with the team is worth more than overpaying for a player like kane

to WPG fans... to GMs ? considering Patches makes less money and produces as much, highly doubt he has less value than Kane...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
kane started producing at a younger age and is a better goal scorer

The age things means nothing, Datsyuk is a late blommer does that mean we can trade Gallagher or Eller for him?

Goal scoring the last 2 years(this year Pax is still getting back from an injury and missed time)

11-12 and 12-13

Goals:
Kane 47 goals Pax 48

Pacioretty has one more year or two on his contract at 750k less

The big difference is no red flags...Kane is a bit of a loose cannon, the whole reason Winnipeg is willing to trade him. I doubt Pacioretty is available barring a crazy offer.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Kane isn't worth Pacioretty let alone adding a pick.

Pacioretty has been the more productive NHLer and doesn't have Kane's red flags.

Gaborik will be a UFA at year end, plus I'm not interested at the 6.5-7 mil he'll cost. Too inconsistant and injury prone.

Versteeg is a similar player making 900k more per year. I'd have to be getting a 2nd or very good prospect back). He's had 11 points in 28 games the last 2 years.

Kopecky is crap this year, might be worth a look, had a nice year last year 15-12-27 in 47 games.

you would have to add for versteeg, hes produced more than dd and his contract is 1 year shorter. hes also the more proven player of the two, even if thats not saying much

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The age things means nothing, Datsyuk is a late blommer does that mean we can trade Gallagher or Eller for him?

Goal scoring the last 2 years(this year Pax is still getting back from an injury and missed time)

11-12 and 12-13

Goals:
Kane 47 goals Pax 48

Pacioretty has one more year or two on his contract at 750k less

The big difference is no red flags...Kane is a bit of a loose cannon, the whole reason Winnipeg is willing to trade him. I doubt Pacioretty is available barring a crazy offer.

ok pacioretty has more value, you win!

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Beaulieu + Desharnais + Leblanc + 2nd

for

Kulikov + Kopecky + Shore

Reasoning:
two bad contracts get a change of scenery (Desharnais/Kopecky), two struggling players get a fresh start (Leblanc/Kulikov) and two prospects get a chance to crack an NHL lineup (Beaulieu/Shore).

the 2nd round pick is to balance out the value.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu + Desharnais + Leblanc + 2nd

for

Kulikov + Kopecky + Shore

Reasoning:
two bad contracts get a change of scenery (Desharnais/Kopecky), two struggling players get a fresh start (Leblanc/Kulikov) and two prospects get a chance to crack an NHL lineup (Beaulieu/Shore).

the 2nd round pick is to balance out the value.

i would do it but i dont think florida would
nate 2nd = kuli
dd = kope
shore > leblanc

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
kane started producing at a younger age and is a better goal scorer
so what, at the end of the day they produce about the same amount of points...

Patches does it for less $.

You're just like WPG fans who think hitting alone makes him that much more valuable...

reality : they're both top 6 players, the only reason they're on the top 6 is because they put up points on the board. Both do it at more or less the same pace...

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Pretty much this. And I would rather target Kane than Bogo.

Yeah. I would absolutely love kane on this team. One of those cases where his value might be hurt because of 'character issues'. Trades that we've been burnt on in the past. Would be nice to make one up, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad