Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Found this on the trade talk board board:

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1h
Barring a dramatic change, I see no chance #CBJ even attempt to re-sign Marian Gaborik, will look to move him at trade deadline or sooner.

You think Bergy and the Habs would be interested? What would Gaborik's price tag be to get him?

I'm thinking:

:habs
Marian Gaborik

:cbj
Daniel Briere
Sebastian Collberg
1st (2014)
2nd (2014)

You want the best deal from Columbus? Offer Eller.

After a week of saying he's untouchable.

Last edited:

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Max Pacioretty
Nathan Beaulieu
David Desharnais

Vs

Evander Kane
Paul Postma
4th 2014

-----------------------

Rene Bourque
Raphael Diaz
Sebastian Collberg
mtl 3rd 2014

Vs

Shawn Mathias
Dmitry Kulikov
Yaroslav Kosov

------------------------

Bournival Plekanec Kane
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Mathias Brière Gionta
Prust White Moen

Markov Subban
Emelin Kulikov
Gorges Postma
Murray Bouillon

:laugh:

Last edited:

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
i wouldnt, kane has more value than patches but skillwise theyre pretty even(kane has an edge tho). kane can fight which makes him more valuable but patches grew up in our organization so hes close with all the players. i wouldnt do that trade because the chemistry/bond he has with the team is worth more than overpaying for a player like kane

I wouldn't trade MaxPac for Kane either, I'm just saying I would rather target Kane over Bogosian.

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yeah. I would absolutely love kane on this team. One of those cases where his value might be hurt because of 'character issues'. Trades that we've been burnt on in the past. Would be nice to make one up, here.

But I don't think it's as bad as say Yakupov right now. I think Therrien could either change his attitude and career for the better, or screw him up. But Kane would be a great player to add, regardless of his flaws, as they can be fixed with good coaching and maturing.

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
You want the best deal from Columbus? Offer Eller.

After a week of saying he's untouchable.

Eller has put himself into untouchable status because of his play at the start of the season and his upside that is starting to show, which has been a while.

The reason I put Briere in the deal is because I not sure if the Habs would be able to take on Gaborik without trading back salary.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
so what, at the end of the day they produce about the same amount of points...

Patches does it for less $.

You're just like WPG fans who think hitting alone makes him that much more valuable...

reality : they're both top 6 players, the only reason they're on the top 6 is because they put up points on the board. Both do it at more or less the same pace...

Thing is, hitting and chippiness as Overlords put it, do make him that much better. All things equal, I take the player who forechecks and hits all game long. He brings an edge that only a couple teams have on their top lines.

Really though, all things are not equal as in my mind Kane is simply a better hockey player than Pacioretty. More skill, more vision, more fire. I love Pacioretty and he is a good player, but I'd trade him for Kane in a second.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Thing is, hitting and chippiness as Overlords put it, do make him that much better. All things equal, I take the player who forechecks and hits all game long. He brings an edge that only a couple teams have on their top lines.

Really though, all things are not equal as in my mind Kane is simply a better hockey player than Pacioretty. More skill, more vision, more fire. I love Pacioretty and he is a good player, but I'd trade him for Kane in a second.

as long as it brings results, and in his case it's points since he's a top6 player... and it doesnt translate into more points for Kane or his linemates...

Doesnt matter wich 10 goal scorer has a better shot, at the end of the day, it's still 10 goals... you know... :naughty:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
patches for josi and wilson
patches for myers and armia

would have to add in both trades but a 2nd should be enough imo

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
patches for josi and wilson
patches for myers and armia

would have to add in both trades but a 2nd should be enough imo

Are you drunk?

Pacioretty has one of the best contracts in the NHL, why would you even entertain trading him...and for an albatross contract like Myers?

I don't even think I'd do Myers and Armia for Desharnais or Quailer let alone for Pacioretty.:shakehead

Wilson and Josi are solid young players, but that deal is sn easy no for MB. Neither player is close to Pacioretty, plus they are only 11 and 18 months younger. People forget that Pacioretty is only 24 and signed to a sweetheart deal. Would require a big time player or future star to trade him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
DD, Beaulieu and pick for Kulikov and Kopecky

I don't mind Kulikov, actually liked him a lot in the Q, but he hasn't really developped in 4+ NHL years. He isn't dominant on offense, not a big time hitter or shot blocker. At this point I wouldn't trade Beaulieu for him. Maybe I would regret it in 2-3 years.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Getting muther****ing Kane :handclap:

... He's not only listed in proposals regarding Kane.

The guy was considered our best forward a few weeks ago and, ultimately, the reason why Desharnais wasn't a good player.

Now he's trade bait.

Fishy.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Getting muther****ing Kane :handclap:

Is there a point trading Pacioretty for Kane? Just because Kane plays a *little* more like a pf than he does?

... He's not only listed in proposals regarding Kane.

The guy was considered our best forward a few weeks ago and, ultimately, the reason why Desharnais wasn't a good player.

Now he's trade bait.

Fishy.

He's still our best forward. Don't understand the bold though, you mean he was a good player not not wasn't?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fishiest part is the individual (Villeneuve) who brought up the Pacioretty/ Kane rumor. He cited no source and has had credibility issues in the past. Sounds like a cheap ratings grab.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Is there a point trading Pacioretty for Kane? Just because Kane plays a *little* more like a pf than he does?

A little? Kane has twice more hits than Pacioretty in their career. Pacioretty is a perimeter player. A sniper in a big body. Kane is 20 lbs less than MaxPac but plays bigger and gritter. He is also a better player at even strength. Kane is also 3 years younger and a better goal scorer. He's a better fit for the Habs than MaxPac IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad